Xfinity RACE thread --- Richmond

They had to do somethin' after Harvick fouled 'em up on ole deger.

These commentators are just babbling nonsense. Ty jumped that by a mile. He was gone long before the "restart zone", but Joey and Mikey are talking about "laying back".
Exactly, that along with the flagman. Kinda crazy.:idunno:

Multiple cars hitting the wall with other cars still coming? In what race is that not a caution?

How long have you been watching Nascar?

That was your typical modern day BS caution. What you just saw would not have been a yellow up until the past 5 years or so. They used to let guys race. Now all it takes is someone getting bent out of shape and Race Control gets a hard on and prematurely throws an unnecessary yellow.

How long have you been watching Nascar?

That was your typical modern day BS caution. What you just saw would not have been a yellow up until the past 5 years or so. They used to let guys race. Now all it takes is someone getting bent out of shape and Race Control gets a hard on and prematurely throws an unnecessary yellow.
About 20 years, keep yearning for the good old days, they ain't coming back, Skippy.

Still seemed to keep going. It might always bring out a yellow, but it's alwsys dumb. If the cars are still going why bring out the yellow?
To prevent the cars from behind them from smacking into them. The idea is to throw the caution before said smacking happens, not to wait and see if it doesn't happen. Two cars it the wall in front of 15 other cars. That's going to bring out a caution.

To prevent the cars from behind them from smacking into them. The idea is to throw the caution before said smacking happens, not to wait and see if it doesn't happen. Two cars it the wall in front of 15 other cars. That's going to bring out a caution.

Kind of like they did in the 2007 Da... oh, wait.

Because in that span of five seconds, throwing a caution magically keeps all the other cars from hitting them....OK......

Sounds like you forgot what a caution is too.

Every time.

Mercifully.

How many years are you going to cry about that..
Well, he brings up a good point. NASCAR really does fudge this up A LOT. They've been other times stuff like this happens and no caution and other times it does. Times I've seen wrecks a little worse and no yellow. Same thing could happen tomorrow and we get no yellow from it.

Well, he brings up a good point. NASCAR really does fudge this up A LOT. They've been other times stuff like this happens and no caution and other times it does. Times I've seen wrecks a little worse and no yellow. Same thing could happen tomorrow and we get no yellow from it.
Hey, I'm very critical of NASCAR being inconsistent. In my mind today was clearly a caution, so was the 07 500 I'm just sick of hearing about a race from 10 years ago.

Hey, I'm very critical of NASCAR being inconsistent. In my mind today was clearly a caution, so was the 07 500 I'm just sick of hearing about a race from 10 years ago.
Guess we gotta agree to disagree buddy. I respect you enough not to drag this out.

The cautions that give me fits are when they decide to press the yellow button and the cars are already straightener out. Like they last one today, when Reed was already down on the apron and under power. Some people might be confused with Suarez being sideways and Byron's car up top leaking fluids. Different story there IMO

Cup slummer named Kyle wins .. very little commotion

<_< I know I did, but you know...maybe it's cause people are tired of watching these races? We only had two pages of post as of your post. Only 1 page for the race at that. No one is watching them on here and even commenting anymore BECAUSE of Cup Drivers.

<_< I know I did, but you know...maybe it's cause people are tired of watching these races? We only had two pages of post as of your post. Only 1 page for the race at that. No one is watching them on here and even commenting anymore BECAUSE of Cup Drivers.

I wouldn't blame it all on cup drivers ........ I DIDN'T watch because a certain cup driver wasn't there. All these rule changes are taking away from the racing IMO ........ lots of folks are walking away. I watched womens track cycling and speedway instead ............ pure racing .... no bells and whistles needed

I wouldn't blame it all on cup drivers ........ I DIDN'T watch because a certain cup driver wasn't there. All these rule changes are taking away from the racing IMO ........ lots of folks are walking away. I watched womens track cycling and speedway instead ............ pure racing .... no bells and whistles needed

I missed I think it was the, Texas race a couple weeks or so bad, didn't bother me at all because I'm honestly sick of Cup Drivers in the race. Almost didn't even watch this one. To be honest if Justin hadn't seemed he had a chance of winning I would have stopped watching probably.

I missed I think it was the, Texas race a couple weeks or so bad, didn't bother me at all because I'm honestly sick of Cup Drivers in the race. Almost didn't even watch this one. To be honest if Justin hadn't seemed he had a chance of winning I would have stopped watching probably.

I watched the final few minutes ... yawned and moved on

I liked the last version of the green white checker..keep restarting until you get a finished race. Sure it is gimmicky, but nothing like the overtime line or whatever they call it and then after all that finishing under caution anyway. Would be a whole lot less confusion to just go back to finishing the race under caution behind the pace car. This in the middle path stuff Brian must have been reading his yen and yang book.

NASCAR owns the number. They'd assigned it to Roush. He didn't have to give it up.

I have never understood or liked the overtime line. Seems like it is just another opportunity for NASCAR to have a company step up and sponsor it like the restart zone.

Larson! Not sure what everybody is so upset about, 9 times out of 10 that type of wreck is too much to stay green, they have to act in a few seconds and make a decision. And Allgaier wasn't "robbed" Larson beat him on a late restart in a dump truck and even if it had stayed green Allgaier was a few car lengths behind. I give NASCAR crap all of the time, but today was just one of those things.

Back
Top Bottom