Xfinity RACE thread --- Road America

He ****** over Taylor Swift. Sold her music to someone he knew she didn’t like, without giving her a chance to buy it. So now she has to re-record all her music, that keep in mind SHE WROTE or co wrote every single song. His record label wouldn’t have been **** without Taylor, and he stabbed her in the back. So I have no respect for him.
There is no law that said he had to give her first offer. Remember Nemo's chicken$hit restart?

I don't have a problem of lifers in any of the series. It's insane to think everybody is good enough to race in the top tier.
Standonit, Cars Tour Pro lates gettin ready to start on Flo and then the Late Models follow. Just wanted to give a heads up to you guys

There is no law that said he had to give her first offer. Remember Nemo's chicken$hit restart?
I can still think he’s a ****** a**hole. He wouldn’t be half as successful if not for her. She helped him build Big Machine Records. I’m not going to fight you on it, because you’re just looking for a fight

Standonit, Cars Tour Pro lates gettin ready to start on Flo and then the Late Models follow. Just wanted to give a heads up to you guys
I'm doing the trucks and simo-casting the Indiana Speed Week Sprints and having the TV on something. . Any more and my head will explode

Honestly the Taylor’s Version albums are even better. So it’s a win in a way.
The only upside to it

The downside is, since I lost my actual CDs, until those come out I can’t listen to some of the songs of hers I enjoy, because I’m not going to let someone else make money off of her music, when she’s not getting anything for it anymore.

I can still think he’s a ****** a**hole. He wouldn’t be half as successful if not for her. She helped him build Big Machine Records. I’m not going to fight you on it, because you’re just looking for a fight
Missed the point. People can do legal things but they are still jackasses.

It happens quite a bit in the music world. Here is another sneaky one about a very large body of music.

How Michael Jackson Bought the Publishing Rights to the Beatles' Song Catalog at the Advice of Paul McCartney​

In 1985, the Beatle gave the King of Pop a business tip. What McCartney didn't realize is that Jackson would beat him at his own game.

Plus berry. But maybe you guys left him out intentionally since you said future “winners” instead of future “champions”? ;) :) :) :)
I'm happy he is getting the opportunity next year but I don't see him getting anywhere close to Harvick's results.
Though finding an adequate replacement for Harvick is next to impossible.

PK had nothing to do with any of that.

I'm happy he is getting the opportunity next year but I don't see him getting anywhere close to Harvick's results.
Though finding an adequate replacement for Harvick is next to impossible.
Yeah, I'm not looking at Berry very hard myself. The competition goes down a notch when Harvick leaves. Maybe SVG will jack it back up. :idunno:

He ****** over Taylor Swift. Sold her music to someone he knew she didn’t like, without giving her a chance to buy it. So now she has to re-record all her music, that keep in mind SHE WROTE or co wrote every single song. His record label wouldn’t have been **** without Taylor, and he stabbed her in the back. So I have no respect for him.
I have voiced my opinion on Taylor Swift's music before, so I don't really have a problem with that.

I have voiced my opinion on Taylor Swift's music before, so I don't really have a problem with that.
The thing is, it shouldn’t matter what you think of the artist. Like I don’t care for Kanye West. But I don’t think he should be screwed like that if he was to be. Surely if some of the songs he would’ve lost would’ve been ones he wrote when he was like 13 or 14 in his bedroom like Taylor was. She lost all rights to songs she wrote before she was even famous. Opinion on her or not, legal or not, that’s ****** up and I wouldn’t be okay with that happening to anyone. If it was just songs she sung that she didn’t write or anything, that would be one thing. But those songs have personal meaning to her, they are her life stories, that’s why it is messed up

Rain now at Hickory and closing in on Richmond. Richmond may be able to get it in after a this passes, not to wide of a storm and moving fast

The only upside to it

The downside is, since I lost my actual CDs, until those come out I can’t listen to some of the songs of hers I enjoy, because I’m not going to let someone else make money off of her music, when she’s not getting anything for it anymore.
Yeah, I get it. It’s tough, but she’s still bigger than ever and just killing it right now. The best revenge is tremendous success, or something like that.

Yeah, I get it. It’s tough, but she’s still bigger than ever and just killing it right now. The best revenge is tremendous success, or something like that.
Just gives me something to actually look forward to as well, I remember waiting on Spotify for when Speak Now TV dropped because I so many I wanted to listen to. Hoping for 1989 TV next

It happens quite a bit in the music world. Here is another sneaky one about a very large body of music.

How Michael Jackson Bought the Publishing Rights to the Beatles' Song Catalog at the Advice of Paul McCartney​

In 1985, the Beatle gave the King of Pop a business tip. What McCartney didn't realize is that Jackson would beat him at his own game.

I think he also bought the rights to Eminem’s catalog as a result of a petty beef, iirc.

I don't have a problem of lifers in any of the series. It's insane to think everybody is good enough to race in the top tier.
I don’t either and I agree. There’s a place in the sport for the Allgaiers, Custers, Hemrics
of the world. It’s what differentiates the different divisions of NASCAR.

I was simply replying to the guy talking about Cup prospects in the Xfinity field.

Hill moves into first place in the regular season points.

1690688007912.png

I don’t either and I agree. There’s a place in the sport for the Allgaiers, Custers, Hemrics
of the world. It’s what differentiates the different divisions of NASCAR.

I was simply replying to the guy talking about Cup prospects in the Xfinity field.
Oh, it comes up all the time. The announcers in the Truck series spent 5 minutes hyping the same thing about the Young Truck drivers future stardom. Hell, most of them last a couple of years in the series before they go bust and only a small handful move up the food chain to make the Xfinity level and beyond.

At least some of the Xfinity level have drivers that are experienced and have been in the series for awhile.
When Custer was driving around on four flat tires and his rear end knocked sideways, the gerbils went on and on about how Custer needed to be in the Cup series.

If Custer would have done that in the Cup series, the gerbs wouldn't have wasted 10 seconds on national TV talking about how great Custer was. Fans do the same thing. The cold hard facts are that Custer is 84 points out of first place in the Xfinity series and sure, he has a chance to win the title in Xfinity with the way the playoffs are set up, but with that record Custer has, he wouldn't be ranked in the top 20 in the Cup series.

Heim in the trucks shows much more potential than Nemo does. Heim has a brain and makes better decisions and seldom does the stupid stuff that Nemo has done his whole career.

Maybe not but he’s gonna end up there
Never know.

I don't see him sticking around in Xfinity another year. Legacy, depending on Gragson's situation as a GM driver, or depending on the Truex situation. Who knows?

Never doubt his speed or ability, but sometimes if you have an 8th place car, it doesn't hurt to stay there. He's improved slightly in that area, but he still has a tendency to push over the limit.

The revolving door that Toyota has makes that a no brainer.
I wouldn't say revolving door, I would say replacing a possible retiring driver in Truex. Also, Gragson is a big cog in this. Will he stay with Legacy or will he move somewhere else to a Chevy backed organization?

I wouldn't say revolving door, I would say replacing a possible retiring driver in Truex. Also, Gragson is a big cog in this. Will he stay with Legacy or will he move somewhere else to a Chevy backed organization?
I would. Name me a yota Xfinity driver that has raced in the series for more than a couple of years in comparison to the other teams in Xfinity as a rule.

I would. Name me a yota Xfinity driver that has raced in the series for more than a couple of years in comparison to the other teams in Xfinity as a rule.
I get that, but sometimes it just doesn't work. I hate the fact Erik got let go, but Bell has been an upgrade. Suarez was let go, I get that.

Look at what they have been able to accomplish after leaving. Logano, I could go on. Some flourish with Toyota and some don't at the Cup level.

At the end of the day, it's business.

I get that, but sometimes it just doesn't work. I hate the fact Erik got let go, but Bell has been an upgrade. Suarez was let go, I get that.

Look at what they have been able to accomplish after leaving. Logano, I could go on. Some flourish with Toyota and some don't at the Cup level.

At the end of the day, it's business.
Yota Xfinity drivers? Those aren't, but funny, it is throughout the organization, but Xfinity turnover is higher than the cup mess.

Back
Top Bottom