Xfinity RACE thread --- Roval

If you miss by one point, ir wasn't due solely to that stop. There were 30-odd races before this one. Carl Edwards didn't lose just because of how he finished at Homestead.
That’s fair. But at the same time, if you didn’t have that pit problem, you also don’t miss, correct? Both of these can be true.

That’s fair. But at the same time, if you didn’t have that pit problem, you also don’t miss, correct? Both of these can be true.
Losing a couple of points early in the first stage is too early for the commentators to obsess over it the rest of the race.

Agree to disagree. Have the last word, if you wish. Even with the Gerbils, NBC is still better than Fox overall.

Losing a couple of points early in the first stage is too early for the commentators to obsess over it the rest of the race.

Agree to disagree. Have the last word, if you wish. Even with the Gerbils, NBC is still better than Fox overall.
Maybe, but it is what it is. I respect your opinion, even if I don’t personally agree with it. Have a good rest of the day man.

In hindsight yeah. But at the time you don’t know, and it’s their job to talk about it.
It's their job to announce the race. They choose to hammer hammer hammer the playoff gimmick. After all it is NBC's idea. It isn't gaining popularity, but instead they continue to double down on it.

It's their job to announce the race. They choose to hammer hammer hammer the playoff gimmick. After all it is NBC's idea. It isn't gaining popularity, but instead they continue to double down on it.
Playoffs are apart of the race now. I wish the playoffs would go away. But they aren’t, so we have to deal with it. Much like with Charlie we can agree to disagree. Have a good day.

Can't really blame the four in the booth, they do what their boss tells them to do, just like the rest of us.

Can't really blame the four in the booth, they do what their boss tells them to do, just like the rest of us.
Oh I can easily. Just like their total muff in calling who will pit and who won't. That is just terrible announcing and they do it all the time acting like they are experts in what is going to happen. This one will pit and this one won't when if fact they all came in. Uh duh. It happens frequently to the gerbils. Their style is acting like they are race control and they know it all. They think they are the show.

Another couple of gerbil complete goofs Was when they went off og Mayer who came in a got tires and he had caught up and passed Jeb Burton for a point close to the end of the stage. They went on and on with their expert opinions of how Mayer had harmed his tires..It didn't. On the other hand with Jeb Burton, he is sitting on the front row on old tires and again the experts are saying how well Jeb Burton is able to start and how fast his car has been...it Hasn't been fast.

Instead, if they had announced the race, they would have said Sam Mayer was able to pick up a point passing Burton to close out the stage. Burton is starting on old tires next to Allgaier who is on fresh tires. Instead of all of their B.S. expertise that was just that. It might work for Casuals, but the hard cores listening to race after race of missed calls it wears on you.

Han shot first too
It's part of the B.S. of the playoffs. Teams have had opportunity after opportunity during the season to advance and they haven't, so the gerbils spend the whole race focusing on teams that aren't going to do $hit anyway. Meanwhile there is a race going on with teams who have earned the position to be running up front.

Even with the Gerbils, NBC is still better than Fox overall.
I can only imagine Bowyer during the playoffs. "That has some lasting playoff implications. We're going to have to make sure Denny has plenty of beer tonight after the disappointment. There's the proof in the pudding that one point matters!!"

Huh? Hell we saw a guy ride the wall at Martinsville to advance. It’s definitely changed the way these drivers approach these races

I can barely watch the races late in the season anymore because of the manufactured non-stop playoff drama. Guys that you don't see running towards the front much get little to no recognition because they are intently focusing on some "playoff" guy in running 17th like there are no other drivers on the track. It's horrible in my view. Gimmick is right.

They gerbils spent most of the race focused in on Klingerman and Hemric, and ignored Sam Mayer who had to win the race, who had to WIN the race in order to advance, not come in somewhere mid pack or pass a car or two to squeak in past the hallowed cut off line. Pardon the hell out of me, but I could have sworn it is harder to win the race than finish 7th after a lackluster year.
Sam Mayer had won at that point 2 races now 3 to a big goose egg for Klingerman and Hemric. The gerbils might have mentioned Mayer a couple times in passing the whole race like , oh by the way, Mayer needs to win the race in order to advance. lol

Huh? Hell we saw a guy ride the wall at Martinsville to advance. It’s definitely changed the way these drivers approach these races
Huh? Mayer didn't ride the wall but he came from 12th place in the standings at the start of the race to making the round of 8 doing the only way he could advance was win the race. Ross's deal was great PR, but what Mayer did is what the gerbil playoff drama was looking for and they completely missed it.

Huh? Mayer didn't ride the wall but he came from 12th place in the standings at the start of the race to making the round of 8 doing the only way he could advance was win the race. Ross's deal was great PR, but what Mayer did is what the gerbil playoff drama was looking for and they completely missed it.
1696849133136.png

Back
Top Bottom