Yahooo Jeff Gordon

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
WOW!!!!!!! Congratulations Jeff:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Yeah, congrats.

Let's hope someone different can get a shot at the championship though.

Jeff's had his fill.

Originally posted by paul
Yeah, congrats.

Let's hope someone different can get a shot at the championship though.

Jeff's had his fill.

Come one Paul, we want the best man to win don't we?

Yeah, to an extent I guess.

Just really want to see Martin pull it off, I've seen Gordon do it 5 times already. It's boring now.

Just really want to see Martin pull it off, I've seen Gordon do it 5 times already.  It's boring now.

Was it also boring when Richard Petty or Dale Earnhardt won their championships?

LOL, just drunk and pulling your chain. I'm rootin for jeff, but I see your point, but wouldn't it be exciting to see Jeff break R. Petty's and Dale Sr's record?

Nah, I have a feeling Tony wants out of NASCAR badly enough that he'll do whatever he has to do to win it this year.

Great race for the #24. Jeff had a great car all day, and when he got up front I knew he had it won:) A 5th cup might be on the way:)

Just really want to see Martin pull it off, I've seen Gordon do it 5 times already.  It's boring now.

Amen!! I just want to see one of the ole "veterans" get a championship. I'd love to see Rusty win another one before he gets too old, but if Martin, Marlin or maybe Elliot would win one I'd be doing cartwheels in the lawn!!

Yea Jeff:calpping: :calpping: :calpping: :beerchug:
Picked up another spot in the points. Seven races to go, don't count him out. He's got momentum, speed, skill and a great team behind him. Fifth championship - here he comes:D :D

After his horrible year, he's the driver in the top 5 that deserves it the least.

If he or Jimmie Johnson win this year's Cup I'll be very disappointed with NASCAR and the level of competition.

After his horrible year, he's the driver in the top 5 that deserves it the least.

If he or Jimmie Johnson win this year's Cup I'll be very disappointed with NASCAR and the level of competition.

"he" who? Who are you talking about?

Jeff hasn't had all that bad of a year. 3 wins, 9 top 5's and 15 top 10's isn't bad. And he only has 2 DNF's. Only for Jeff would that be a bad year.

[B

[/b]

Just curoius Paul, why do you say you're disappointed with the level of competition. I'm not looking to start an argument, I'm just curious.

Just the fact that Johnson is a rookie. I can't really think of any other rookie in the history of motorsports winning the championship.

Mark Martin has been racing for centuries, it's a slap in the face to the decades and decades of hard work some people have put into the sport for someone to waltz into the dream situation and win it all at their first go.

Isn't it a sign of the times? Rookies are getting more opportunities in good equipment than ever before. This has a lot to do with it. I'm not saying Mark doesn't deserve it or has bad equipment, i just think Jimmie has a better opportunity.

That's what I said. Jimmie came in without a drop of sweat and got what people have put their lives on the line to get.

I too would like to know what happened to the days when a rookie came in into a low-budget team and had to prove himself and work his way into a decent ride. Nowadays, these rookies are coming in and being put into rides that veterans have been working for, literally, decades to get into.

As someone said this is what the sport is evolving into...that doesn't mean we have to like it.

While I can see your point, Paul, I think this is just how the sport has progressed. It doesn't seem fair, but that's how it is. Times change. I do hope Mark rebounds, he is a good guy and a great racer.

Well now, where do we put Junior in this little debate? :beerchug:

Paul...If you were a successful team owner with very good equipment, would you want to get a hot shot rookie who has had success on lower levels like a Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, or Tony Stewart (speaking of starting with a silver spoon, you don't win ROY with crap equipment)? Or would you rather recycle a good driver who has been around for a while without great success (like a Ward Burton, Bobby Hamilton, etc)? For my money, give me the young hot shot every time out.

My own personal record is still intact.

I still ain't seen him win a race. Something happened to the channel button on my remote on the last turn of the last lap. Can't imagine what, just hope no one dusts it for fingerprints. :)

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan

I still ain't seen him win a race.  Something happened to the channel button on my remote on the last turn of the last lap.  Can't imagine what, just hope no one dusts it for fingerprints.  :)

:ROFLMFAO:

Hardcore aren't you TWF? Got to love your attitude!!:beerchug:

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan

I still ain't seen him win a race.  Something happened to the channel button on my remote on the last turn of the last lap.  Can't imagine what, just hope no one dusts it for fingerprints.  :)

lol take it you did not watch the last lap :p

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin
Tony Stewart (speaking of starting with a silver spoon

Stewart is a three time USAC Champion, Sprint Car Champion, Silver Crown Champion, Midget Car Champion, USAC National Midget Champion, IRL ROTY and IRL World Champion.

He worked his ass off his entire life to get where he is, to say he "started" with a silver spoon is a slap in his face. He's no one's son or brother.

Thank you kindly DE2.

Hey, I'm consistent if nothing else...:p

Back
Top Bottom