YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway Pre-Race

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
Remember, the effects spread over a much wider area than just what's within the cone. The predicted track is updated at 5 and 11

1664210036824.png

NASCAR returns to Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, AL this week!

As a reminder, Lincoln is a municipality anchor with its own skyline:

Screenshot 2022-09-26 124707.jpg

Since the next race at Talladega Superspeedway will be seven months after this one, I'll post the Lincoln skyline again so you're less likely to forget what it looks like before then!

Screenshot 2022-09-26 124707.jpg

:biggrin:

The International Motorsports Hall of Fame does look cool. Hopefully the drivers can not race like clowns.

Time to amp up the chaos

The entry list for the YellaWood 500 NASCAR Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway is posted, 37 teams/drivers [for 40 spots] are listed.
Some of the drivers entered include: #15-Yeley, #16-Hemric, #62-Gragson, & #77-Cassill.

1664225631755.png

Rain looking likely all day Saturday. I don't think we could fit three races in one day, could we? Especially since each race will include at least one red flag. Might have to run one on Monday.

Rain looking likely all day Saturday. I don't think we could fit three races in one day, could we? Especially since each race will include at least one red flag. Might have to run one on Monday.
You could easily do 3 races trucks just got to start at like 8

NASCAR returns to Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, AL this week!

As a reminder, Lincoln is a municipality anchor with its own skyline:

View attachment 65281

Since the next race at Talladega Superspeedway will be seven months after this one, I'll post the Lincoln skyline again so you're less likely to forget what it looks like before then!

View attachment 65282

:biggrin:
The fancy building with the columns is the bank, guaranteed.

So no individual punishment for Ty but they dock 23XI’s owner points. Smh. MJ better make Ty cough that up himself or 1v1 him in several games of 21.
He was fined 75k.

I think William Byron's playoff stay is over now. I dont see him winning Dega and I definitely don't see him winning the Roval. He's gonna have to hope for massive carnage at one of the two races and have a GREAT points day.

Are we confident he’ll pay that on his own or will it come out of family pockets?
I dunno but we probably will never know those type of internal details in many of these cases. Regardless the preacher can't be happy about parting with 75k himself or indirectly through the terrible TYkes own funds.

I dunno but we probably will never know those type of internal details in many of these cases. Regardless the preacher can't be happy about parting with 75k himself or indirectly through the terrible TYkes own funds.
Probably not, but this just doesn’t seem enough considering how dangerous of a move it was. Too dangerous for penalties that are really more punitive for other parties. Ty’s stint with 23XI is just a placeholder deal and I doubt he cares about one spot in the team owner standings. His family is loaded and hasn’t shown any prior indication of holding him accountable so the fine really doesn’t seem like much. I don’t know why his ass wasn’t sat down. All this does is affect others.

Probably not, but this just doesn’t seem enough considering how dangerous of a move it was. Too dangerous for penalties that are really more punitive for other parties. Ty’s stint with 23XI is just a placeholder deal and I doubt he cares about one spot in the team owner standings. His family is loaded and hasn’t shown any prior indication of holding him accountable so the fine really doesn’t seem like much. I don’t know why his ass wasn’t sat down. All this does is affect others.
During the 80s Jack Ingram was suspended for an incident at a Nascar local short track race. It was not a BGN race.

He was suspended from any Nascar event for 15 days. If I remember correctly that forced him to miss two Busch Grand National races. He was leading the points at the time and I convinced the late season penalty points losses prevented him from winning another championship in what is now the Xfinity series.

www.upi.com/amp/Archives/1986/09/23/Ingram-gets-15-day-suspension/9743527832000/

I think William Byron's playoff stay is over now. I dont see him winning Dega and I definitely don't see him winning the Roval. He's gonna have to hope for massive carnage at one of the two races and have a GREAT points day.
I wouldn't count him out yet, any one of these guys could be in the bottom 4 after Sunday. Which I hate, makes for such a miserable viewing experience if you're a fan of an individual guy. Byron is lucky he wasn't suspended tho, that has been the standard punishment in the past for what he did the other day. He absolutely would've been finished then, but I don't think NASCAR wanted that on their conscience.

I think the 9 is cashing in that RC win next week. He's been getting closer and closer all year and they've been making his cars better for him. Add in you know how pissed he is after Watkins Glen...

Back
Top Bottom