YF Group - racing-forums.com - Food City 500

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Starting the thread early..... Will be Bristol bound in a few hours.

Don't forget to get those picks in.

Deadline to select your drivers is Mar 16 5:00am EDT

You all know where to get the results @ the conclusion of the weekend. I'll be late posting after the race as we'll be commuting all day Monday after the race. Good luck all. Someone needs to knock 'Team IDKS' outta that top spot.

My goal is to jump 10 spots this week. The rotten finishes for my A drivers are killing me softly.

Jr has the best 20 race average of anyone racing, gotta go with him this weekend.

Have a great time DP. Enjoy the race and the locals.

Starting the thread early..... Will be Bristol bound in a few hours.

Don't forget to get those picks in.

Deadline to select your drivers is Mar 16 5:00am EDT

You all know where to get the results @ the conclusion of the weekend. I'll be late posting after the race as we'll be commuting all day Monday after the race. Good luck all. Someone needs to knock 'Team IDKS' outta that top spot.
thx dude,have fun

For this week I recomend you take all the picks write their numbers on individual cards toss the cards in the blender at 500 rpm for 15 seconds ( Do NOT add Rum!!! ) pull them out and pick the ones you can still read the number on.....It's BRISTOL!!!

I'm thinkin that even a Mark Martin might not be a crazy pick.Is he racing?

Vickers wouldn't be a bad C pick. In a decent car so he should do well assuming he doesn't get near Kenseth.

I put him in, because the entire C list are barely top 25 performers at Bristol. Blaney used to be real good at Bristol, but then he went to Tommy Baldwin.

Right on, boys/girls/undecided, hook that wagon up to the Vickers train. TIA.

I put him in, because the entire C list are barely top 25 performers at Bristol. Blaney used to be real good at Bristol, but then he went to Tommy Baldwin.

Right on, boys/girls/undecided, hook that wagon up to the Vickers train. TIA.
Oh great ..I get one idea each year and can't keep it to myself.:(

Have a great time DP. Enjoy the race and the locals.
Always do. We are all set up in our campsite, fully stocked up on all of the necessities. I'm sitting here having my morning cup of coffee, reading the paper, waiting for the Sun to rise over the mountains. Life doesn't get much better than this. It's Bristol Baby!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331807573016.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331807573016.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 183
I've noticed some interesting statistics on the YF Group under the players lists and the % of the drivers picked. Edwards leading A group with Busch a close 2nd. The next is Johnson who isn't even close. What's surprising to me is that Stewart isn't more popular.

Biffle leading group C ahead of Earnhardt - surprising, at least to me. Looks like he won't be winning most popular driver amongst that bunch.

Anyone else?

Always do. We are all set up in our campsite, fully stocked up on all of the necessities. I'm sitting here having my morning cup of coffee, reading the paper, waiting for the Sun to rise over the mountains. Life doesn't get much better than this. It's Bristol Baby!

Man, now I hate you!

Put the lotion on your skin and have a great time.

I've noticed some interesting statistics on the YF Group under the players lists and the % of the drivers picked. Edwards leading A group with Busch a close 2nd. The next is Johnson who isn't even close. What's surprising to me is that Stewart isn't more popular.

Biffle leading group C ahead of Earnhardt - surprising, at least to me. Looks like he won't be winning most popular driver amongst that bunch.

Anyone else?

Biffle has awesome results at Bristol, but Tony has a lot of bad finishes. Kyle and Carl are safe picks, but I may go with someone else.

Biffle has awesome results at Bristol, but Tony has a lot of bad finishes. Kyle and Carl are safe picks, but I may go with someone else.

I see. I thought it was all the races thus far. Well, I understand #18 popularity but #2 won a race at Bristol last year an he's at 5%.

Edwards hasn't won since '08 :eek:

Solid.

I see. I thought it was all the races thus far. Well, I understand #18 popularity but #2 won a race at Bristol last year an he's at 5%.

Edwards hasn't won since '08 :eek:

I believe that Brad and Paul will open a lot of eyes this year. This is the time in Cup that Brad has started the year with the same CC. He was racing for the win at Vegas but had fuel issues, and he was up there at Phoenix. Turns out, he had the same fuel pressure issues there too but was able to come home in 5th.

I believe that Brad and Paul will open a lot of eyes this year. This is the time in Cup that Brad has started the year with the same CC. He was racing for the win at Vegas but had fuel issues, and he was up there at Phoenix. Turns out, he had the same fuel pressure issues there too but was able to come home in 5th.

I'd say it may very well be a pivotal year for him. Either last year was a fluke or he proves this year that he belongs with the top drivers. Personally, I'm 50/50.

Vickers Vap-O-Rub is on my team this week too!

That in itself should scare every other player away from him, if ya know what I mean... ;)

hehehe......imagein being there in the fall [be there]

Anyone else?
thx,iforgot to vote today.

I'd say it may very well be a pivotal year for him. Either last year was a fluke or he proves this year that he belongs with the top drivers. Personally, I'm 50/50.

I understand. IMO, Brad is a lock to be a perennial championship contender and will win more than one title before he retires. Here's why (just in case you're interested. :D)

Brad's late season performance last year was largely due to he and Paul hitting these tracks for a second time.
He's an excellent road racer. Look at his NW road course stats.
He openly emulates Jimmie Johnson. Stay focused, calm and be smart.
He could easily have won 5 last year. He had a huge lead at Indy before Cassill spun out and got the #2 got caught needing 4 tires instead of 2 when it turned into a gas mileage race.
He had the coke 600 all but wrapped up, but Kasey Kahne failed to get out of the way when he gassed out. Brad was going around KK when Carl plowed Burton into Brads back end.
He had fuel pressure issues at Phoenix, but still battled JJ and finished 5th.
He was the only guy able to catch and get alongside Tony at Vegas, but fuel issues kept him from racing for the win.

I understand. IMO, Brad is a lock to be a perennial championship contender and will win more than one title before he retires. Here's why (just in case you're interested. :D)

Brad's late season performance last year was largely due to he and Paul hitting these tracks for a second time.
He's an excellent road racer. Look at his NW road course stats.
He openly emulates Jimmie Johnson. Stay focused, calm and be smart.
He could easily have won 5 last year. He had a huge lead at Indy before Cassill spun out and got the #2 got caught needing 4 tires instead of 2 when it turned into a gas mileage race.
He had the coke 600 all but wrapped up, but Kasey Kahne failed to get out of the way when he gassed out. Brad was going around KK when Carl plowed Burton into Brads back end.
He had fuel pressure issues at Phoenix, but still battled JJ and finished 5th.
He was the only guy able to catch and get alongside Tony at Vegas, but fuel issues kept him from racing for the win.

I'll say this about Keselowski; he's not some privlileged, spoiled brat who had things handed to him. He's where he is because of his ability and driving up through the ranks .

I'll say this about Keselowski; he's not some privlileged, spoiled brat who had things handed to him. He's where he is because of his ability and driving up through the ranks .
Brad is all those things ,but he won't have sufficient factory support till next year. Even then , there will be at least a one year learning curve with the new brand , he should be a contender in 2014.

Back
Top Bottom