Your expectations for Kyle Larson rookie cup season?

What? I don't think he'll win his first year. What does Joey have to do with that?

Joey has nothing to do with Lason winning a race - at least not yet.

I was comparing the claims of their future success.

IF and that's a big IF Ganassi can put the personal and parts together correctly he'll run decently. Do I think he'll be more consistent then JPM or Jamie Mac, yes! IMO he should've stayed in NNS for at least another year before jumping to Cup but Ganassi needs to shake things up.

2nd at Bristol to Kyle Busch.
4th at Charlotte behind Busch/Kahne/Logano.
Exactly, he should have 2 wins by that theory. Actually he and Joey have a lot of similarities other than Joey winning sooner. They both won K&N in their rookie year(1st and 3rd to do so). Both came right to NNS(Joey not full time) for one season, and moved up to cup early. Larson is a few years older than Joey at the time, that may give him an advantage. Joey was in top notch equipment, but he won 6 times in 38 starts in the nationwide series. I guess only time will tell but I see Larson having similar struggles as Logano in his rookie year. I do however think that it will take him less time to develop into a top 10 driver. He does have a lot of pressure and expectations to live up to.. but hes not stepping into Tony Stewarts car.. u know? I think and hope that's the difference for him. I want him to do good I think he will... just not for a couple years.

Well, I think if Larson can finish in the top 20 it will be a good year for him. He has a lot to learn and the cup level is dog eat dog to the max. I like the kid and I betcha all he will whip Danica. I do think its probably a year or so too early to feed him to the wolves but opportunity knocked and he took it. Cant blame him. By the way, Casey Attwood was a lazy bum from all accounts I read about him.

I realize that this thread is about expectations for next year but from here on out, every move, every decision, every mistake, everything, he does is going to scrutinized so he'll get a good feel for what he's in for.

Looks like someone is threatened that a new young driver is going to steal Joey's thunder.
LOL First of all... post #45... second, no.. threatened? absolutely not, I look forward to watching those guys battle it out for years. I think Larson will do good, but his success has nothing to do with Joey.. I don't care about what Joey did or didn't do 4 years ago.

It seems to me that ever since the early 90's car owners have all been looking for the next Jeff Gordon, with very little success.
Even Kyle Busch doesn't measure up to Gordon. Larson just might be the next Gordon but a few years will tell.

yeah if you were a car owner, you would be looking for one too. Problem is, there are so many good drivers already in cup since Gordon was a pup, they can't dominate, much less beat the 48 team on a regular basis the last few years. If the 48 team can continue to slump, this year's chase might really be something to watch.

Top 10 before 2014 Chase only on dreams. Top 10-15 no chance. Top 15-20 if he shocks the world. Top 20-25 if cars continue to be competitive. Top 25-30 likely if he can get ahead of the learning curve with the Sprint Cup´s Gen-6 and also if he is the real deal EGR and some of the pundits think. Top 30 to 35 if he gets similar cars than Montoya got in 2012, and 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larson doesn't have to do much at EGR to fit in..Both cars this year, the highest, McMurray is 16th and JPM is 21st, both of them finish the season around 20th place for years. So anything above that is an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom