Your favorite drivers for the new season

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
It is easy to remember some of the fans favorite drivers, but some fans change from year to year so i was wondering who is your drivers you are going to root for this year? Here are my drivers for this year.
--------------------------------------
Sprint Cup
SHR / Tony Stewart---- Chevy
SHR / Kevin Harvick-----Chevy
SHR / Kurt Busch-------- Chevy
SHR / Danica Patrick--- Chevy
HM / Dale Earnhardt Jr-Chevy
BKR / Alex Bowman---- Toyota "Rookie"
-----------------------------------------
Nationwide
JRM / Chase Elliot--------Chevy "Rookie"
Trucks
undecided

Last edited:
Cup- Kahne and whoever I like that week
Nationwide- Elliott
Trucks- Crafton

Cup
Gordon
T. Labonte
B. Labonte
any Chevy driver
any Front Row Motorsports driver

Nationwide
Chase Elliott
any Turner Scott car (except for Piquet)

Trucks
Jeb Burton
any other Turner Scott truck

Its always been Gordon first, Carl Edwards second and J. Johnson third.

I'll be on the look out for Larson this year too.

Cup: Gordon

Beyond that I don't have any favorites before a NW or truck race begins. However as those races get going I usually end up pulling for someone depending on how the race progresses.

Same goes for a Cup race if the 24 gets knocked out early.

I'm a Gordon fan but I'm pretty excited about the future of SHR.

Only room for one favorite for me. Dale Jr. That hasn't changed since he started.

That being said I root for most of the field each and every week. It'd be much easier for me to list drivers that I root against rather than for.

As usual Dale Jr. comes first. Side ones for the first part of season are Keslowski and Kenseth. Possibly Larson

I'm most curious to see how Kenseth follows up last season and what Busch can do with HMS equipment.

Junior fans unite! :)

Granted, I've only been a fan of his since early 2011, not too long after my dad died, but I don't see that ever changing. That's my man. Other than him, I'll probably continue to support Kes, Kurt, Kenseth, and now Kasey Kahne, who grew on me last year.

I'm like dp, though. Beyond those five I'll root for anybody except for Jeff Gordon and Denny Hamlin. I don't see myself ever liking Gordon again, but Hamlin and I have a love/hate relationship - I love to hate him. Granted, I've warmed up to him a little since his injury. I was very impressed with his run at Darlington, which was right after he stepped back into the car, and I was happy for him when he won at Homestead. That being said, I'm sure he'll do plenty to tick me off once the new season starts, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I feel the same way about Kyle Busch, but to a much lesser extent. I am no longer a hater at all - actually, quite the opposite - but I'm just waiting for him to have another massive meltdown. I know it's coming.

Cup - Junior, underfunded teams to get good finishes, and usually anyone but johnson or kurt

NW - Hasnt been too much to look for in those races for me. Id go Sadler

Trucks - Crafton

Cup: Tony Stewart, if Tony crashes or is running bad then I cheer for Jeff Gordon
NW: don't care...as long as it's not a cup driver
Trucks: same as NW...

logano
Gordon (still holding out hope)
Austin Dillon
Harvick (still an ass at times, but a hell of a driver)

As always, I'll feel free to root for any driver on any weekend......or even any lap.

Truck series----------- Kyle Busch
Nationwide series--------------- Kyle Busch
Cup series --------------------------- Kyle Busch --------- Kurt Busch ----------- anybody thats ahead of Kenseth

Truck series----------- Kyle Busch
Nationwide series--------------- Kyle Busch
Cup series --------------------------- Kyle Busch --------- Kurt Busch ----------- anybody thats ahead of Kenseth

Feeling a bit burned by the new guy pawning Kyle in cup?

For: Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch

Against: Dale Jr (not so much because of him, but because of his fans. Most of my friends are Jr fans, so I get a little smile from their displeasure on Sundays. I do enjoy seeing him do well too though, just because of the other fans that act like he's some kind of talentless hack.

Johnson - For obvious reasons, although, the hatred for seeing him win all the time has kind of disappeared. Nowadays I find myself admirinf what he's accomplishing and realizing I'm witnessing something that will probably never happen again.

Joey or Brad (or any other Ford starting with Carl)

Blaney Part Time and lookin for another 22 owners championship.

Is Bubba Wallace running NNS? If so him... if not then him for trucks.

Oh and I will try to keep a positive mindset about Kyle. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom