2015 Atlanta - QuikTrip Folds of Honor 500 - Pre Race Thread

A little frost on the tires this morning.....

B-2obD6WkAIDi6H.jpg:large

I don't know if I'm liking this forecast. I'd like to see a finish, but hopefully we at least get to halfway. There is rain in the forecast all the way up until Thursday. What exactly happens if it's rained out??? Are the people who purchased tickets just out of luck?

The weather reports are driving me crazy. I'm supposed to go up Saturday night but still trying to decide if it will be worth it. The temps have gone up but with the warmer temps the chance of rain has gone up too. As far as the tickets, Nascar gives us a rain check to return. The outlook does look grim if they don't get it in Sunday and those folks have to prepare to travel all the way to Las Vegas next race.

The weather reports are driving me crazy. I'm supposed to go up Saturday night but still trying to decide if it will be worth it. The temps have gone up but with the warmer temps the chance of rain has gone up too. As far as the tickets, Nascar gives us a rain check to return. The outlook does look grim if they don't get it in Sunday and those folks have to prepare to travel all the way to Las Vegas next race.
We used to run into this when the fall Rockingham race was followed by Phoenix. They'll try for Monday, not that the forecast looks any better for that day. With Atlanta being close to Charlotte, Tuesday may not be out of the question, but the turnaround on the hauler drivers is a female dog. Otherwise, they're probably looking at the Saturday of Easter weekend.

Reactions: Pat
@Teamxtreme44 officials confirm that their trailer including their Atlanta car were stolen from a Morrow, Ga. hotel this morning.
How the hell do you hide something like that? How do you fence it? Is Kurt Busch that desperate for a ride?

This has got to be an alcohol-fueled stunt, one of those "It seemed like a good idea at 2:00 a.m. with a 2.0 BAC" kind of things.

@kfvsnews

BREAKING: Trailer carrying #Nascar Xtreme Racing team's #44 car stolen w/car inside in Morrow, GA. Stay w/us as we work to learn more.
Trouble in the infield.....

Danica maybe?

Looks like Denny Hamlin's motorhome may have taken a hit @ AMS. I sure wouldn't want that bill. Damn!

@RodneyChilders4
I know mistakes happen, but if I was @dennyhamlin I would completely lose my
1f4a9.png
1f4a9.png
1f4a9.png

B-2pFGRUIAEo3eR.jpg:large
@TheOrangeCone

Apparently the chase from the stolen hauler ended when Mike Harmon lost control of his getaway vehicle and went thru a fence.
@Teamxtreme44 officials confirm that their trailer including their Atlanta car were stolen from a Morrow, Ga. hotel this morning.
Holy Moly. This is more like the infield at Dega.

We used to run into this when the fall Rockingham race was followed by Phoenix. They'll try for Monday, not that the forecast looks any better for that day. With Atlanta being close to Charlotte, Tuesday may not be out of the question, but the turnaround on the hauler drivers is a female dog. Otherwise, they're probably looking at the Saturday of Easter weekend.

My weather station shows 50% chance Sunday, 80% Monday, 70% Tuesday and 60% Wednesday. I'm thinking if they don't get it in Sunday we just might get that Easter weekend race. Of course the weather reports change every 2 hours. :mad:

My weather station shows 50% chance Sunday, 80% Monday, 70% Tuesday and 60% Wednesday. I'm thinking if they don't get it in Sunday we just might get that Easter weekend race. Of course the weather reports change every 2 hours. :mad:
I don't have plans for Easter weekend. :D

This is the same problem we had when "Rainingham" was the second race of the season. This just in from the Weather Channel: "It rains in the southeast in February and March. Our Jim Cantore is on the scene..."

Reactions: Pat
I don't have plans for Easter weekend. :D

This is the same problem we had when "Rainingham" was the second race of the season. This just in from the Weather Channel: "It rains in the southeast in February and March. Our Jim Cantore is on the scene..."

I don't have plans either and it might be a much prettier day.

Bob Pockrass‏@bobpockrass 30m30 minutes ago
Yes. The hauler is here but it is empty RT @tgillny: @bobpockrass @TravisKvapil Confused - is a racecar missing?

Travis Kvapil‏@TravisKvapil 26m26 minutes ago
Ok, to clarify. @Teamxtreme44 transporter is @amsupdates. The guys stayed and worked on the car Thursday at the shop in NC. They drove....

Travis Kvapil‏@TravisKvapil 25m25 minutes ago
down last night in a Ford dually and enclosed trailer with racecar inside. That was stolen out of hotel parking lot this am in Morrow, GA

One report says the trailer was unmarked, so that explains how they can be hauling it around unnoticed. Maybe they can sell the trailer for profit but you'll never unload the car. The cops will either find both dumped somewhere or find the car dumped and the trailer on eBay.

The hotel is only 12 miles north of the track. Just watch, team offices are going to stress to transport drivers that cars be taken directly to the track whenever possible.

What a wild weekend so far. Hope the 44 makes it to the track.

The Ford Expedition not only hit Hamlin's RV, looks like it also got a good piece of a slide out... Ouch.

What a wild weekend so far. Hope the 44 makes it to the track.

The Ford Expedition not only hit Hamlin's RV, looks like it also got a good piece of a slide out... Ouch.
Yep. That could throw the whole damn RV outta whack.

@kfvsnews

BREAKING: Trailer carrying #Nascar Xtreme Racing team's #44 car stolen w/car inside in Morrow, GA. Stay w/us as we work to learn more.

Just ONE of the reasons you stay out of Clayton County

Google Clayton County Georgia

Trailer carrying NASCAR No. 44 car stolen in Georgia
Jeff Gluck, USA TODAY Sports 10:46 a.m. EST February 27, 2015

MORROW, Ga. — Travis Kvapil's car for this weekend's Sprint Cup Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway was stolen from outside Team Xtreme's hotel early Friday morning, police said.
Morrow (Ga.) Police told USA TODAY Sports the car was inside an unmarked white Sunbeam trailer being hauled by a black 2004 Ford F-350 and was parked outside the Drury Inn. The team had parked its race hauler at Atlanta, but was bringing the car down separately.
Police are actively searching for the race car and trailer and are trying to find it as soon as possible. Qualifying is at 5:45 p.m. Friday.
"Sometimes what happens when thieves see trailers, they might just assume there's something in the trailer they can go off and sell," Morrow Police Sgt. Larry Oglesby told USA TODAY Sports. "Sometimes when things like this occur, they will drop off the items in a parking lot somewhere -- like a Walmart parking lot -- once they realize what they have."
"They'll open it up and say, 'Oh my God, this is not what we thought it was. Let's get out of here.' And they'll take off and leave it sitting there. We're hoping that will be the situation so he can get back to his races this weekend, because they drove quite a distance to participate."

more here....
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ar-44-hauler-car-stolen-team-xtreme/24109753/

The weathers good for Saturday why don't they just run a triple header. Or bump the start of the race Sunday up a few hours.

LOL what's with the bare ticker? That looks tarded.

Back
Top Bottom