2015 NASCAR Schedules

March 29th is technically Spring, but I get your point. I wish they'd move it back to late April where it was for years.

The dates just get worse and worse each year. The Spring race has gone from late April to late March. The Fall race has gone from mid-September to November.

Here's an even better idea. Let's just make Martinsville the final race of the year. The weather won't be much worse than it is for the current date and we would actually have a decent race for the season finale.

My biggest worry is with the cable networks. This NBC Sports Network. I get what their strategy is, but I'm really hoping they get that network in more homes by July.

FOX Sports 1 is an even bigger worry. They're clinging to SPEED's old carriage agreements, their ratings are down across the board (worse than NBCSN's ratings in spite of having MLB and NASCAR and being in more homes) and they've already had carriage standoffs with almost all of the cable providers (which is why they're clinging to the existing SPEED agreements).

I see A LOT of carriage standoffs coming and I see a lot of cable providers dropping them like a hot potato.

Reactions: JEB
Fs1 ratings have beaten speeds. With an increase of 600hrs of NEW live events coming in the next 12mos nobody will be dropping them. Including major events such as the mlb playoffs, nascar races and FIFA womens World Cup. Carriage will only increase

Nbcsn ratings are also on the rise. The olympics, nhl, nascar races, the epl etc. These channels are only going to grow

I know where I'll be March 8th and March 22nd :)

Phoenix on the 15th would be awesome, too. I have a new, free place to stay in Phoenix.

everyone makes a big deal how they should stay on the west coast, that idea isn't smart to me. phoenix, vegas, and cali depend on out of state fans to attend races. just like this year my dad suprised me and took me to vegas. 2 weeks later I actually had free access probably even with a hot pass to california. I just couldn't be gone that much in that short of period of time. if the races had been more spread out I could have done cali too. what happens if some of your same fans could go to more races they just can't go to that many in a months time??? thats why its a bad idea.

Boring as usual. They did so good with the trucks last year adding Eldora and Mosport, was hoping to see a nice short track added to the truck series schedule. Like Greenville as previously rumored or somewhere else... Oh well. Looking forward to the K&N Pro Series schedules much more, those usually do have some interesting changes every year...

Boring as usual. They did so good with the trucks last year adding Eldora and Mosport, was hoping to see a nice short track added to the truck series schedule. Like Greenville as previously rumored or somewhere else... Oh well. Looking forward to the K&N Pro Series schedules much more, those usually do have some interesting changes every year...

The trucks and Nationwide are just like NASCAR's "fun series" where they add road courses and dirt track. Cup is too much big money on the line so they have to stick to all the 1.5 tracks.

NBC's slate is thrilling...Charlotte, Kansas, and Texas are awe-inspiring venues for sure.

My biggest worry is with the cable networks. This NBC Sports Network. I get what their strategy is, but I'm really hoping they get that network in more homes by July.

FOX Sports 1 is an even bigger worry. They're clinging to SPEED's old carriage agreements, their ratings are down across the board (worse than NBCSN's ratings in spite of having MLB and NASCAR and being in more homes) and they've already had carriage standoffs with almost all of the cable providers (which is why they're clinging to the existing SPEED agreements).

I see A LOT of carriage standoffs coming and I see a lot of cable providers dropping them like a hot potato.

call 'em......maybe fs1 will put ya on same " yee haw " verbal contract ya got w/ nbc ?

ie .... :director:

There should be zero Talladega races.
Tear the stands down, let them run straight up without restrictor plates. The Talladega roughnecks can watch from at home and let these badass race cars run like they were supposed to on that track.

Tear the stands down, let them run straight up without restrictor plates. The Talladega roughnecks can watch from at home and let these badass race cars run like they were supposed to on that track.

my sentiments exactly .....after milwaukee mile indy race ! :D

Last edited:
Yeah I hate it, I wish they would run unrestricted (maybe add tons of downforce) or not run them at all, but the former is probably too dangerous and the latter would have the rednecks burning down the southeast. Tandem racing was at least interesting but there wasn't enough carnage for a certain kind of people.

Yeah I hate it, I wish they would run unrestricted (maybe add tons of downforce) or not run them at all, but the former is probably too dangerous and the latter would have the rednecks burning down the southeast. Tandem racing was at least interesting but there wasn't enough carnage for a certain kind of people.

yeah.....plus.... that sophisticated daytona, florida crowd would prolly want tha same thing then huh ? ha!

I'm guessing Knoxville, IA will get a Truck race in 2016.

I can't say I've seen them but I imagine the Pro East races at VIR and Road Atlanta are pretty interesting.

Greenville would make such a great race. The Southeast Super Truck races there are quite fun.

call 'em......maybe fs1 will put ya on same " yee haw " verbal contract ya got w/ nbc ?

ie .... :director:
jack-nicholson-sticking-finger-flipping-bird (1).gif

Couldn't care too much about the changes other than Darlington, a wrong corrected, and Bristol, another wrong corrected. I sure would have liked to have seen just one more road race but that day will come sooner or later.

I wish they would have run the summer Daytona race on the night of the 4th in stead of Sunday night. That was a good NASCAR party lost.

I'm still rooting for a couple weeknight races during the Chase.

Also, glad to see Eldora remain on the schedule. I had my doubts on that one with issues surrounding Tony's status.

I'm guessing Knoxville, IA will get a Truck race in 2016.

I can't say I've seen them but I imagine the Pro East races at VIR and Road Atlanta are pretty interesting.

Have not seen the races at VIR, the race at Road Atlanta was terrible. They don't even go there anymore, only went the one year. All the cars were completely spread out, so nothing really happened. The race was incredibly short, they should have had way more laps. I remember the commentator kept talking about there were going to be pit stops anytime now, and then he was like "oh, white flag is out", clueless. Wouldn't mind them going back, but extending the race length quite a bit. It was the last event of the day anyway, so it wasn't like there were time constraints due to other series needing track time after the race...

So, next year if I counted right, over half the races will be on Fox Sports 1 or NBCSN? I'm not liking that. Thats $15 more a month to get the package with those 2 channels (on Dish).

So, next year if I counted right, over half the races will be on Fox Sports 1 or NBCSN? I'm not liking that. Thats $15 more a month to get the package with those 2 channels (on Dish).

There are just as many races on cable next year as this year. Biggest difference is that half of the Chase will be on NBC, not on cable. If enough people call their cable provider and threaten to switch over NBCSN, they'll move it to a basic tier though.

Have not seen the races at VIR, the race at Road Atlanta was terrible. They don't even go there anymore, only went the one year. All the cars were completely spread out, so nothing really happened. The race was incredibly short, they should have had way more laps. I remember the commentator kept talking about there were going to be pit stops anytime now, and then he was like "oh, white flag is out", clueless. Wouldn't mind them going back, but extending the race length quite a bit. It was the last event of the day anyway, so it wasn't like there were time constraints due to other series needing track time after the race...
I can see that happening with only 25 or so cars; the road course talent and depth is way better in Cup anyways.

Sprint Cup season runs from Feb. 22 to Nov. 22. Conceive a child during the Daytona 500, have a child during the Homestead race.

Sprint Cup season runs from Feb. 22 to Nov. 22. Conceive a child during the Daytona 500, have a child during the Homestead race.

Conceive a child during the 500 ?

Now that's some serious multi-tasking.

And deliver a child during the championship-deciding race ?

They had better have a TV tuned into the race in the delivery room . . .

I can see that happening with only 25 or so cars; the road course talent and depth is way better in Cup anyways.
The only interesting part of the Road Atlanta race was watching Andrew Ranger work his way from the back. They cancelled qualifying so he had to start pretty much last. He is a road course pro (has a handful of oval wins in Canada as well). If there had been a couple of cautions in the Road Atlanta race he probably would have won. If given the right shot i'm sure he could win a NW race on a RC, maybe even Cup.

there will always be streams on the net

The only interesting part of the Road Atlanta race was watching Andrew Ranger work his way from the back. They cancelled qualifying so he had to start pretty much last. He is a road course pro (has a handful of oval wins in Canada as well). If there had been a couple of cautions in the Road Atlanta race he probably would have won. If given the right shot i'm sure he could win a NW race on a RC, maybe even Cup.
I think he's racing in the Truck race at Mosport this weekend. That oughta be a good one.

Back
Top Bottom