2016 Dover - Delaware 400 - Pre Race Thread

If last weekend was above a 9 then I'll give this weekend a 10 (ten being the highest and only used for those rare, near perfect, events) if all 40 cars are unloaded from the haulers.

If last weekend was above a 9 then I'll give this weekend a 10 (ten being the highest and only used for those rare, near perfect, events) if all 40 cars are unloaded from the haulers.

This is what I am talking about! :punkrocke

I still think the crowds get less and less here every race, I've been coming here since 08. Only an hour to go and still tons and tons of full empty rows.

This weekend is a reason why a "race" should be viewed as an entire weekend proposition IMO. Limited practice with confusing track conditions give us tremendous uncertainty about what will happen today. When we look at this from the perspective of anticipation to resolution, this "race" is already awesome. Jacked to see what CC's get it right from launch, and screw themselves because adjustability was underestimated. Can't wait to see what drivers adjust, and which ones can't. Awesome stuff. So, I encourage the membership to consider all of this when "rating the race." So stoked for today. I love this damn sport.

Sorry, but nope. I spend my time and money on this sport humans execute and perform while I'm watching. If a TRD car just blows everyone away because they unloaded with a huge engineering advantage and nobody has time to adjust, I won't give this race more than a 5. I'm sure you'll be jizzing your pants and saying how great it was and Toyota engineers are the gR8te$t EVAAR!!!11! but frankly nobody cares. If more practice means closer cars and closer racing then I'm all for it.

Ctx4zdTXYAEsJGZ.jpg:large

Sorry, but nope. I spend my time and money on this sport humans execute and perform while I'm watching. If a TRD car just blows everyone away because they unloaded with a huge engineering advantage and nobody has time to adjust, I won't give this race more than a 5. I'm sure you'll be jizzing your pants and saying how great it was and Toyota engineers are the gR8te$t EVAAR!!!11! but frankly nobody cares. If more practice means closer cars and closer racing then I'm all for it.

Respect your difference of opinion. No respect for the delivery of said opinion.

I still think the crowds get less and less here every race, I've been coming here since 08. Only an hour to go and still tons and tons of full empty rows.

I went to Dover every year from 1990-2010. It was fascinating to see the rise and fall of Dover over that time. And attendance has falling significantly since I was last there in 2010. I feel like the decline started somewhere in 2006-2007.

Dover is a great track to watch a race but it's not the best to see a race imo. I've been down there for some brutal races where they're just clicking off miles, leader has 2/3 of the field a lap down and 95% of the field is racing lapped traffic. I can think of 4-5 truly memorable races of the 40 or so I've seen down there. Most of them came when Dover's races were still 500 miles.

While I'll likely return one, Dover is just not THAT high on my bucket list. I've come to the point where I'd rather make the 8+ hour drive to Michigan, Martinsville, Kentucky or Richmond than the reasonable 4 hour commute to Dover.

Dover is fun because the track attitiude like Darlington. However, I never really like Darlington TBH so I can understand.

I went to Dover every year from 1990-2010. It was fascinating to see the rise and fall of Dover over that time. And attendance has falling significantly since I was last there in 2010. I feel like the decline started somewhere in 2006-2007.

Dover is a great track to watch a race but it's not the best to see a race imo. I've been down there for some brutal races where they're just clicking off miles, leader has 2/3 of the field a lap down and 95% of the field is racing lapped traffic. I can think of 4-5 truly memorable races of the 40 or so I've seen down there. Most of them came when Dover's races were still 500 miles.

While I'll likely return one, Dover is just not THAT high on my bucket list. I've come to the point where I'd rather make the 8+ hour drive to Michigan, Martinsville, Kentucky or Richmond than the reasonable 4 hour commute to Dover.

I agree, the only reason I go is cause I'm about 2.5 hours away in NYC, the only other track in driving distance without staying a night is Pocono and that's one of the worst places ever to go watch a race. I did it once and would never go again.

I take my father to the race so it's a fun day out for us that has become a bit of a tradition now but I'll be honest in that if it wasn't for him enjoying going that I would most likely just stay home. The older I get the less I seem to care about actually going to the events and I've already done the big races I've wanted to do like the Daytona and Indy 500.

It has been easier and easier to get out of the track and get home though, I was driving a tad fast but I was actually back home before 8pm which has never happened before.

Back
Top Bottom