2016 Talladega - Alabama 500 - Pre Race Thread

CvdnYLiXgAEoNdd.jpg

Something fishy there. The 55 ran their first lap at 49.32, and then in the pole shoot-out, they ran 50.85 (slower by 1.53 seconds!). I don't know jack about qualifying set-up, but I just can't fathom the spread between those two laps. It is as if Cole Pearn (or Smoky Yunick) built the motor. But if it was Cole Pearn, please understand it was not intentional..:oops:

This is interesting. Could he have somehow sniffed a draft off the previous car?

I don't know who thinks starting these races at 2:30 is a good idea. It starts in the middle of the first NFL game, which gives people plenty of time to get into it and forget the race.

I don't know who thinks starting these races at 2:30 is a good idea. It starts in the middle of the first NFL game, which gives people plenty of time to get into it and forget the race.
I believe they are pushing a bunch an hour later next year.

Wish I was there....nothing like camping in the huge parking area across the street. I remember crawling out of the tent at sunup and just walking around...surveying the debris from the parties the night before. I wish I knew the record for old abandoned sofas left in the lot on Monday.

Heaven on Earth :D

I'm a huge Nascar fan but the Pittsburgh Steelers will always come first. Though today's Steelers game will undoubtedly go to the opponent, I'll still be watching. It doesn't matter what time the Nascar race comes on in relation to the NFL. I'm lucky enough to have my side by side viewing so I don't really have the decision to make but if it were one over the other, the NFL would win. I can always DVR the race without fear of learning the winner ahead of time. They don't break into the NFL match-up with Nascar updates.

Back
Top Bottom