All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jealous where did u get to meet her?
In Ricky Stenhouse JR's pit. She was there all day. I heard that Kurt Busch will be here at the Chili Bowl Nationals some time Fri or Sat. I also had a nice conversation with racing forums, VaDirt...I told him where Danica was hanging out...so, maybe he will get some good pics and share them with you.

In Ricky Stenhouse JR's pit. She was there all day. I heard that Kurt Busch will be here at the Chili Bowl Nationals some time Fri or Sat. I also had a nice conversation with racing forums, VaDirt...I told him where Danica was hanging out...so, maybe he will get some good pics and share them with you.
You're at the Chili Bowl :eek: Sweet :) That's on my bucket list. Keep an eye on the 68 car, Ronnie Gardner, he's from out here in So Cal.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/what-the-blank-danica-patrick/

This made me smile. She is so likeble. This is why shes my fav driver!

Welcome to the second edition of What the (Blank)? Just like on the first day of elementary school, we asked our athletes to answer 10 questions about themselves so you could get to know them better. Next up is Danica Patrick. Yes, this is her real handwriting.
– The song I never want to hear again in an arena/ballpark/stadium is
Layer-8.png

– I am the best
hair-model.jpg
on my team

– My biggest nightmare is
Layer-10.png
Layer-11.png

Layer-12.png
is my favorite road city

– The most meaningless stat in my sport is
Layer-13.png
Layer-14.png

– My perfect sandwich would be
Layer-15.png
Layer-16.png

– The greatest athlete on earth right now is
Layer-17.png

– If my entire team participated in a Royal Rumble, the last (wo)man standing would be
Layer-18.png

– The weirdest thing that an opposing fan has yelled at me was
Layer-19.png
Layer-20.png

Layer-21.png
is the best cartoon of all-time

Danica Patrick / Senior Editor
DP_Black_Athlete_Signature-230x117.png
I like her handwriting

Wait for it. :rolleyes:

Campground Lake At AMS Named "Swan Lake"

Monday, January 19, 2015
SwanLake.jpg

Campers at Atlanta Motor Speedway who frequent the area near the speedway's fourth turn are likely familiar with the lake inside the unreserved tent campground.

Now, that lake not only has a name, but a namesake for its residents as well.

With the ever-present swans who seem to have taken up permanent residence throughout the year, the lake has been named Swan Lake.

But the swans are hardly anonymous. They have been dubbed Ricky and Danica by the speedway staff. With their addition to Atlanta Motor Speedway's animal kingdom, Ricky and Danica join group of wildlife near AMS that includes Shaky Leg, the cat which infamously ran on the track in front of Kevin Harvick during last year's Oral-B USA 500.

more..

http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com...rom=EMCL_502850_22336637#sthash.cMt1FD6W.dpuf

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/welcome_page/?shf=/2015/01/20/3451738_danica-patrick-cal-poly-slo.html

Patrick, a driver on the NASCAR circuit and a longtime spokeswoman for GoDaddy, a privately held Scottsdale, Ariz.-based company that registers domain names and does Web hosting for businesses, told her inspirational story to an audience at Cal Poly’s Chumash Auditorium on Tuesday afternoon. She also made an earlier pit stop at the campus University Union, where she met with members of the Cal Poly Racing team, who presented three cars used in competition.

The event was part of an effort by GoDaddy to promote careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), and Cal Poly’s computer science department, which had been trying to bring Patrick to San Luis Obispo for about two years.

Danica Patrick loses again ... this time, GoDaddy.com is PULLING their Super Bowl ad featuring the NASCAR driver over OUTRAGE from animal lovers.

The commercial -- called "Lost Dog" -- shows a puppy that falls out of a truck ... and then overcomes all odds to find its way back home.

Problem is, when the little guy returns home ... he finds out the owner used GoDaddy to set up a website to sell the dog to a new owner.

Needless to say, people are PISSED -- with some animal rights groups saying the commercial supports puppy mills and other "inhumane breeding" practices. PETA went nuts over it ... saying, "anyone who sells a dog online is a callous jerk."

GoDaddy's CEO Blake Irving got the message loud and clear ... and tweeted, "What should have been a fun and funny ad clearly missed the mark and we will not air it."

GoDaddy says it will still use it's 30 second Super Bowl slot (after all, they paid $4 mil for it) ... though so far, it's unclear what will run in its place.

from here

Do some people get up in the morning just searching for something to complain about.
Personally I liked the commercial.

I don't think this will hurt Danica...i bet she still gets paid. Plus, she is getting a lot more attention in the media again today. " cha ching- cha ching".:)

Danica Patrick loses again ... this time, GoDaddy.com is PULLING their Super Bowl ad featuring the NASCAR driver over OUTRAGE from animal lovers.

The commercial -- called "Lost Dog" -- shows a puppy that falls out of a truck ... and then overcomes all odds to find its way back home.

Problem is, when the little guy returns home ... he finds out the owner used GoDaddy to set up a website to sell the dog to a new owner.

Needless to say, people are PISSED -- with some animal rights groups saying the commercial supports puppy mills and other "inhumane breeding" practices. PETA went nuts over it ... saying, "anyone who sells a dog online is a callous jerk."

GoDaddy's CEO Blake Irving got the message loud and clear ... and tweeted, "What should have been a fun and funny ad clearly missed the mark and we will not air it."

GoDaddy says it will still use it's 30 second Super Bowl slot (after all, they paid $4 mil for it) ... though so far, it's unclear what will run in its place.

from here
I just watched the dog commercial and the outrage is absolutely ridiculous. Freaking pc police I guess.
I'm definitely going to start a puppy mill now that I've seen this. I never would've come up with such an awesome idea without this totally unrelated commercial leading the way!
Thanks godaddy!

Danica Patrick

from here

With just a few days left to cut a commercial. I would hope they just utilize some conservative proven methods.

I think Danica doing a french Kissing commercial with Taylor Swift or a wonderful Eastern European supermodel would be very spiritual.

Or if they want a humorous approach, a fun garment renting cat fight among the above three would be delightful.

Well then. I'm glad they pulled it. Personally I think it was in poor taste. I also wouldn't be surprised if Go Daddy didn't expect this and did it for the publicity. Compare it with the Budweiser lost puppy commercial.. now this is a good commercial.

Well then. I'm glad they pulled it. Personally I think it was in poor taste. I also wouldn't be surprised if Go Daddy didn't expect this and did it for the publicity. Compare it with the Budweiser lost puppy commercial.. now this is a good commercial.

man_in_love_zps41egygor.gif
fabulous.

Reactions: Pat

I just don't get it. Is there something I missed? I really don't see how this is offensive or in poor taste.
I mean, that doesn't mean some people aren't offended but I'd like somebody to give me a real reason why.

I just don't get it. Is there something I missed? I really don't see how this is offensive or in poor taste.
I mean, that doesn't mean some people aren't offended but I'd like somebody to give me a real reason why.

IMO It isn't kewl to play up the journey a lost puppy has to make to get back home just to be sold on the internet by a cold hearted witch. Where's the love? To me it is like a slap in the face.

IMO It isn't kewl to play up the journey a lost puppy has to make to get back home just to be sold on the internet by a cold hearted witch. Where's the love? To me it is like a slap in the face.
Ok, I understand what you're saying. Thanks for the reply.
Personally, I thought it was just harmless comedy but I respect your view.
I can see how somebody might not like what they did because they wouldn't do it themselves but I still don't think anything wrong was done.

If somebody wants to sell their dog, who am I to say they can't?

Reactions: Pat
Our two favorite topics...Taxes and Danica Patrick.

I would like to see Go Daddy or another major sponsor sign a 3 to 5 year deal with SHR and Danica.

http://www.racer.com/nascar/sprint-cup/item/112456-nascar-new-sponsor-revealed-for-danica-patrick

2015_TaxACT_Paint_Schemes.jpg

NASCAR: New sponsor revealed for Danica Patrick

Tax preparation company TaxACT has partnered with Stewart-Haas Racing to join GoDaddy as a co-primary sponsor on Danica Patrick's No. 10 Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolet for the Sprint Unlimited exhibition race at Daytona International Speedway on Feb. 14, and will also serve as a primary sponsor on Patrick's car for the March 29 Sprint Cup round at Martinsville Speedway.

Our two favorite topics...Taxes and Danica Patrick.

http://www.racer.com/nascar/sprint-cup/item/112456-nascar-new-sponsor-revealed-for-danica-patrick

2015_TaxACT_Paint_Schemes.jpg

NASCAR: New sponsor revealed for Danica Patrick

Tax preparation company TaxACT has partnered with Stewart-Haas Racing to join GoDaddy as a co-primary sponsor on Danica Patrick's No. 10 Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolet for the Sprint Unlimited exhibition race at Daytona International Speedway on Feb. 14, and will also serve as a primary sponsor on Patrick's car for the March 29 Sprint Cup round at Martinsville Speedway.
Life has a few certain things....death taxes and a Patrick win :)

annnnd I just now realized I posted that in the wrong thread. That was supposed to go into the Random thread. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom