Bonehead of the race, Talladega II

That's a freakin' stretch. Overly cautious....okay, but come on man.

Ok, I watched again and he didn't slow as much as I first thought. But he still should have checked his inside, especially with all that smoke. He does turn into Dillon.

Watch the replay. He has 300 clear yards ahead, acres of room on the apron, and he slows to a crawl while on the track. Then he turns left right in front of someone who knows how to DRIVE past a wreck. I think Kyle was so focused on being super, super cautious, he forgot what he should do. It's as if he thought he was the very last car on the track.
In all fairness, the driver that knows how to drive past a wreck is sitting midpack in the points, with 1 top 5 and 4 top 10s on the season.
Perhaps Dillon has been super cautious all season.

Roger Penske was pretty fired up about last week. Basically said Brad did what he expected...got mad about the hits he took from Matt.

In all fairness, the driver that knows how to drive past a wreck is sitting midpack in the points, with 1 top 5 and 4 top 10s on the season.

Perhaps...but...Dillon didn't cause that.

It won't bother me a bit if Brad gets another Cup. He has driven his ass off this year. (He's also been an idiot.)

I just wish he acted like a champion. Whoever wins the Champion is the ambassador for NASCAR for that year...and Kez...isn't really proving that he deserves to be ambassador again, esp. in the post-race at Charlotte.

he finish ahead of the 18 today, end of story.

Looks like Austin just forgot what the brake pedal is for. This isn't ARCA kid....

Car behind Austin moves down and is inside him. Apparently, Ausin was indeed braking....and checking his inside. If Austin braked any harder, he would have been rammed from behind. Kyle just drives down Banzai style without looking. IMO, it's all on the best driver in NW history.

After seeing that, I agree that Busch probably should've kept his line but I also think Dillon could've been slowing down a bit more. I'm saying 50/50 on this one.

I also noticed that almost every car coming into that veered left except Dillon.

After seeing that, I agree that Busch probably should've kept his line but I also think Dillon could've been slowing down a bit more. I'm saying 50/50 on this one.

I also noticed that almost every car coming into that veered left except Dillon.

Austin had a car behind him, who has to dart low because Austin is braking so hard. At that point, Austin is trapped where he is, and Kyle comes down without looking.

That's what I saw. It looked like Gilliland was pushing on the corner of Biffle's bumper rather than square against it and turned him into Junior.

We've seen that type of thing happen plenty of times on plate tracks and elsewhere. But, y'know, let's just dogpile on Biffle because he's the bug eyed dummy.
Maybe some of us see it differently and aren't just rollin with the flow. But of course you know everything so you're right.

Wow, really? Why's it gotta be like that whenever we disagree?

Not once have I ever claimed to have all the answers. I'm just stating my opinion.
Then just state your opinion and not dogpile on us for not agreeing with you.

Car behind Austin moves down and is inside him. Apparently, Ausin was indeed braking....and checking his inside. If Austin braked any harder, he would have been rammed from behind. Kyle just drives down Banzai style without looking. IMO, it's all on the best driver in NW history.

Underrated post.:XXROFL:

Then just state your opinion and not dogpile on us for not agreeing with you.
o_O

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I made all of maybe two posts on the forum about this subject when you responded to me, one in the race thread and one in this thread. How exactly am I dogpiling on everyone?

I know I tend to state my opinions strongly on here, but every single one of my posts should be assumed to have an unwritten "IMO" at the end of them. They're just my opinions, and the fact that I stand strongly behind them doesn't mean that anyone else will - and that's perfectly fine!

Kyle, for being Kyle after the race. Suck it up for once and man up. I don't care that he was under no obligation to speak to the media after the race but three others that were eliminated seemed to get er done. Thanks your fans, thank some sponsors, bitch about Dillon, tell us how your going to win some races and how everything is now about next year, blah, blah, blah.

I give it to ESPN, because unless I missed it (and I could have), they never explained why Stenhouse was not in the race, or why so many qualified at the end. This was where they could have taught the viewer something about how qualifying works (because not everybody that watches the race also watches qualifying). I used to think it was silly when Benny Parsons would spend 10 minutes explaining what tight and loose was, but now I miss it. ESPN is just phoning it in.

NASCAR for not throwing a caution when Harvick spun and stopped at the entrance to pit road. Not the safest situation out there

Austin had a car behind him, who has to dart low because Austin is braking so hard. At that point, Austin is trapped where he is, and Kyle comes down without looking.
Rubbish. I just watched it a couple more times.

Dillon can take blame for that wreck of the 18

I'm changing my bonehead vote to all the media fools yammering about Matt pushing the 2 to the win. Brad blocked him, but Matt NEVER touches his bumper. Matt even joked that IF he could have gotten to his bumper, he would have spun him.

Rubbish. I just watched it a couple more times.

Dillon can take blame for that wreck of the 18

Rubbish. :p

I want to know why Kyle decides to finally come down, which is heading right into a group of spun out cars. I think Dillon read the situation right, and it's OBVIOUS that Kyle brakes harder than the cars behind him, not just Dillon. In the end, this kind of wreck behind the wreck happens a couple of times at every plate race.

Johnson, for slowing down the outside on the 2nd to last restart sending Kasey back to about 20th and then Kasey for getting back to the top 10 and losing 4 spots on the front stretch knocking himself out of the chase.

Johnson, for slowing down the outside on the 2nd to last restart sending Kasey back to about 20th and then Kasey for getting back to the top 10 and losing 4 spots on the front stretch knocking himself out of the chase.

I think it's going to take you some time to get over this.

It seems Ambrose got into the back of Kasey, and that cost him those 4 spots. But I agree about JJ. He was super aggressive from the drop of the green flag, and that cost him. I think his move to the top was too sudden for Kurt to follow. They almost wrecked, and Kurt decided to go with the guy who was pushing him.

I'm changing my bonehead vote to all the media fools yammering about Matt pushing the 2 to the win. Brad blocked him, but Matt NEVER touches his bumper. Matt even joked that IF he could have gotten to his bumper, he would have spun him.
Thank you. Matt wasn't trying to help Brad. He was trying to win. Had he went up high with Newman, he would likely have finished second at best anyway.

You could see him trying to get a run and pull out alongside Brad. He didn't get a good enough push from Cassill to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom