Carl Edwards calls his shot!

I love all of my children equally.....until they **** up. :D

I know it but just remember, when Fontana comes around Kyle better be leaving with the trophy. If I see you on tv with an Edwards shirt on theres gonna be trouble :D

I know it but just remember, when Fontana comes around Kyle better be leaving with the trophy. If I see you on tv with an Edwards shirt on theres gonna be trouble :D

Nothing like camping out the other 364 days of the year in the stands at Auto Club waiting for another Kyle victory. I'm still here, but rumor has it that Santa is bringing me a new Interstate Batteries cap. Last year's is getting a little ragged. No worries my friend. Watched the Auto Club 400 in its entirety yesterday. If you need two perfect laps, call Kyle Freakin' Busch. I didn't realize how perfectly he drove those laps. First time I had seen it on TV. Freakin' unreal, and under appreciated because of all of the tire stupidity due to air pressures/cambers.

The thing that makes me happy is that Carl already has confidence in the infrastructure at JGR inclusive of its relationship with TRD. This tells me that the pieces are in place. Now whether or not Carl hits it out of the park is another question. Gonna be fun.

The thing that makes me happy is that Carl already has confidence in the infrastructure at JGR inclusive of its relationship with TRD. This tells me that the pieces are in place. Now whether or not Carl hits it out of the park is another question. Gonna be fun.

I think the weak point at JGR is the engine because MWR was the same. If the changes in the car go back to the 2013 feel in the car,
then Matt and Denny should be able to go for the wins IF their engines with the spacer can perform.

A picture is worth a 1000 words, seeing Carl running top 5 every week is the only way he can back up his talk. Remember he has made a living talking.:)

I think the weak point at JGR is the engine because MWR was the same. If the changes in the car go back to the 2013 feel in the car,
then Matt and Denny should be able to go for the wins IF their engines with the spacer can perform.

A picture is worth a 1000 words, seeing Carl running top 5 every week is the only way he can back up his talk. Remember he has made a living talking.:)

Much too much has been made of the engines. I believe that the TRD power plants are just fine. Indeed, if the feel in the car goes back to '13, JGR will be strong as hell. The report card on the TRD piece is the Chase--the final development. Kyle Busch was yelling with delight, and the reliability was just fine. The perception of an issue with the motor comes from the unique relationship TRD has with its teams. It's not exactly part of a team, so the drivers are more critical than they would be if their team built the motors or got them from a supplier who had choice IMO. The other thing I would mention is that everybody at TRD is under the gun to perform after reliability issues of '13, and only two wins in '14. Can't imagine the stress in Costa Mesa, but I also believe in the people there, and that they will deliver.

So your saying that the engines were fine and that the teams couldn't put a winning car on the track or is it that the drivers didn't give a 100% ??

Is that sandwich flavored kool-aid you are drinking ? ;)

So your saying that the engines were fine and that the teams couldn't put a winning car on the track or is it that the drivers didn't give a 100% ??

Damn right the engines were fine, and the set ups either sucked or the drivers couldn't drive that rules package. Probably the latter given that the 14 among others were terrible, and remember, the 14 had what the 4 had....and the 41....etc. Drivers give 100%. Period. I never worry about that.

Nothing like camping out the other 364 days of the year in the stands at Auto Club waiting for another Kyle victory. I'm still here, but rumor has it that Santa is bringing me a new Interstate Batteries cap. Last year's is getting a little ragged. No worries my friend. Watched the Auto Club 400 in its entirety yesterday. If you need two perfect laps, call Kyle Freakin' Busch. I didn't realize how perfectly he drove those laps. First time I had seen it on TV. Freakin' unreal, and under appreciated because of all of the tire stupidity due to air pressures/cambers.

2 perfect laps in a less than perfect car

2 perfect laps in a less than perfect car

Yup, pretty decent on the short run, but then it fell off of the table. I didn't remember being too excited at the time because I thought he didn't have a shot. My son is yelling in my ear, "Here he comes Dad, Kyle's gonna do this again!" I am getting pissed because of course he doesn't get it, but he was right. Two years in a row he called it on the last restart. Two years in a row I almost do a header off the back of the stands because I am ****ting myself. What was cool last year was that a whole bunch of people were high 5'ing me. Unbelievable. I have seen some Rose Bowls, and some other sports stuff, but never have I ever felt like that! Just awesome. That's why I am here living in the stands. Some of this SoCal rain this winter has been kind of tough, but I ain't leaving!

Yup, pretty decent on the short run, but then it fell off of the table. I didn't remember being too excited at the time because I thought he didn't have a shot. My son is yelling in my ear, "Here he comes Dad, Kyle's gonna do this again!" I am getting pissed because of course he doesn't get it, but he was right. Two years in a row he called it on the last restart. Two years in a row I almost do a header off the back of the stands because I am ****ting myself. What was cool last year was that a whole bunch of people were high 5'ing me. Unbelievable. I have seen some Rose Bowls, and some other sports stuff, but never have I ever felt like that! Just awesome. That's why I am here living in the stands. Some of this SoCal rain this winter has been kind of tough, but I ain't leaving!

Damn I love that story :D

Damn I love that story :D

I think if a guy frequents one track on one date a year, he could go a lifetime without seeing his guy win. It's happened twice to me. I feel fortunate. Unbelievable joy. Hugging my family. Jumping up and down. Almost falling to my death. Nevermind the victory dinner after the race. Greatest feeling ever until I could feel no more. :D I love this damn sport.

I think if a guy frequents one track on one date a year, he could go a lifetime without seeing his guy win. It's happened twice to me. I feel fortunate. Unbelievable joy. Hugging my family. Jumping up and down. Almost falling to my death. Nevermind the victory dinner after the race. Greatest feeling ever until I could feel no more. :D I love this damn sport.

Tell me that story again Rev ;)

Tell me that story again Rev ;)

The day dawned somewhat hazy.....I hadn't slept because I never do the night before the race....I had just finished burning my symbols of the opposition (Budweiser flags, etc.) in the middle of my hotel room when the smoke detector went off....:p

I still find it hilariously ironic that the guy who slobbed FoMoCo's metaphorical knob for so many years is now driving a Toyota.

Damn right the engines were fine, and the set ups either sucked or the drivers couldn't drive that rules package. Probably the latter given that the 14 among others were terrible, and remember, the 14 had what the 4 had....and the 41....etc. Drivers give 100%. Period. I never worry about that.
I am going to disagree that the 4,14 and 41 had the same stuff. Each driver goes for his own feel and the 4 got it.
I think he has the best CC in the business right now. When at MWR this guy had 3 different drivers and they all ran good in the same car.

Makes you want to say he was Freaky Fast.

I am going to disagree that the 4,14 and 41 had the same stuff. Each driver goes for his own feel and the 4 got it.
I think he has the best CC in the business right now. When at MWR this guy had 3 different drivers and they all ran good in the same car.

When I saw the 4 run at phoenix he was in a different zone than the rest of SHR, there was no chance ANYBODY was going to get around him

I gave my Carl Edwards shirts to my Granddaughter as a gag gift. I gave my husband Brad and Joey t-shirts for his gifts. It's in our wedding vows that I can only support Ford drivers, thankful that Penske went to Ford!

Respectfully, I absolutely disagree that the SHR cars had different stuff. To screw a driver or drivers within a team using Hendrick stuff would be the death blow to an organization not to mention pissing off the Hendrick bunch. No way. Harvick likes a tight car, and Childers didn't have to do much to get it that way for him. Childers is a likable personality and certainly talented, but the dude does not possess pixie dust. Rodney was competent at MWR, but wasn't the car whisperer IMO. The love fest between Champion Harvick and his minion is getting a little sickening. Let's see what happens when it goes to ****, and Champion Harvick starts throwing his CC under the bus the way he did with his crew. BTW, I watched NASCAR '15 Preview last night. When Champion Harvick talks about growing as a team as they struggle through the tough times, which team is he talking about? The one that was with him most of the season, or the one he bailed on? It will be absolutely fascinating to see if the forecasted looser car shifts the balance of power away from the 4, 24, 22, etc. Tom Gordon expressed some concern on NASCAR Radio a couple of weeks ago. Time will tell. Fingers crossed.

Respectfully, I absolutely disagree that the SHR cars had different stuff. To screw a driver or drivers within a team using Hendrick stuff would be the death blow to an organization not to mention pissing off the Hendrick bunch. No way. Harvick likes a tight car, and Childers didn't have to do much to get it that way for him. Childers is a likable personality and certainly talented, but the dude does not possess pixie dust. Rodney was competent at MWR, but wasn't the car whisperer IMO. The love fest between Champion Harvick and his minion is getting a little sickening. Let's see what happens when it goes to sh!t, and Champion Harvick starts throwing his CC under the bus the way he did with his crew. BTW, I watched NASCAR '15 Preview last night. When Champion Harvick talks about growing as a team as they struggle through the tough times, which team is he talking about? The one that was with him most of the season, or the one he bailed on? It will be absolutely fascinating to see if the forecasted looser car shifts the balance of power away from the 4, 24, 22, etc. Tom Gordon expressed some concern on NASCAR Radio a couple of weeks ago. Time will tell. Fingers crossed.

If SHR drivers dont have different stuff then there are 3 crew chiefs that need to be fired, the performance difference in the cars is WAY to great to be dismissed

Difference in the cars is caused by the driver constantly wanting something different. Last year the cars were tight and those that like a tight car fared better. They say the 2015 car is going to be loser and if that is the truth then JJ will rise to the top again, Biffle will be having fun and \
JG will be whining as usual.

If SHR drivers dont have different stuff then there are 3 crew chiefs that need to be fired, the performance difference in the cars is WAY to great to be dismissed

....and honestly man, I do believe that some firings might be in order. Johnston, Knost, and Gibson ain't all that. Hendrick has his name on those cars. He isn't going to be agreeable to an organization that plays favorites. Danica is an exception here. Having said all of that, I do believe very strongly that this is a rules package issue, and not so much an equipment and/or CC issue.

Difference in the cars is caused by the driver constantly wanting something different. Last year the cars were tight and those that like a tight car fared better. They say the 2015 car is going to be loser and if that is the truth then JJ will rise to the top again, Biffle will be having fun and \

This rules package favored a single driving style, and could not be tuned otherwise. Why else would they change the package again? Supposedly, this was one of the greatest years of competition ever.

This rules package favored a single driving style, and could not be tuned otherwise. Why else would they change the package again? Supposedly, this was one of the greatest years of competition ever.

You would think they would have left it alone, best year for Junior in a long time.:)

You would think they would have left it alone, best year for Junior in a long time.:)

Damn good point. LOL. Made Letarte look like a Championship winning CC.....which....he....is....not.

....and honestly man, I do believe that some firings might be in order. Johnston, Knost, and Gibson ain't all that. Hendrick has his name on those cars. He isn't going to be agreeable to an organization that plays favorites. Danica is an exception here. Having said all of that, I do believe very strongly that this is a rules package issue, and not so much an equipment and/or CC issue.

Not sure I understand ............................. they are all subject to the same rules so why one car out of three is a rocket every weekend ? Some might say its all Harvick but Im not buying, so what is it ?

Why not enough leeway in the package to suit them all

Not sure I understand ............................. they are all subject to the same rules so why one car out of three is a rocket every weekend ? Some might say its all Harvick but Im not buying, so what is it ?

I truly believe that this is about a rules package which favors the drivers who like a tight car, and nobody else. Tony and Kurt (forget Danica for obvious reasons) cannot drive a tight car. The package had no capability for a CC to tune the tight out....or I believe Newman explained that you could get the thing to turn, but that the entry line was so picky that inconsistency was inevitable. This caused lots of CC's to chase their asses right into oblivion (yes, buddy, Dave). This particular package was right down Champion Harvick's alley. Do not forget that he was fast from the first test last December. I really don't think that they would make a decision to screw the other drivers from the first test, and equally I do not believe that this was all due to Rodney Childers' "brilliance." This was a package that was always going to work for them. It will be absolutely fascinating to see if Champion Harvick has the ability to adjust and/or Rodney has the ability to to keep the tune he likes in the car.....and more specifically, if the 2015 package has the flexibility that puts the competition in the hands of the CC's and drivers where it belongs.

Back
Top Bottom