CHASE talk goes here ----

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
OK, folks, I'm getting dizzy and confused with all the separate CHASE threads.

So, please, put it all here where everyone can comment in one place and keep track of
who likes it, who hates it, who accepts it for what it is, who thinks it's fair/unfair, who thinks some
driver has no business in the Chase, ad nauseum.

Warning --- In a few minutes, the myriad of other Chase threads will be combined and locked.

I'm thinking that members will take great pride in having their collective Chase threads moved up to the sticky section. Just a hunch.

Well, except for Fender.

Last edited:
This trend to organize everything is dumb.....JMO........why not a for chase sticky and an against chase sticky? Then we can have a I like drive X sticky, and a drivers we don't like sticky. Perhaps a things we liked about the race sticky, and things we didn't like about the race sticky.

Here's an idea....how about 26 sticky threads for each letter in the alphabet, and just throw every thread in one based on the first letter in the title.

All these sticky categories simply defeat the drop down the list function of the software. There are fewer and fewer new threads to move the dead threads off the front page.

A forum that is moderated to take control of everything wont last long. JMO.

This trend to organize everything is dumb.....JMO........why not a for chase sticky and an against chase sticky? Then we can have a I like drive X sticky, and a drivers we don't like sticky. Perhaps a things we liked about the race sticky, and things we didn't like about the race sticky.

Here's an idea....how about 26 sticky threads for each letter in the alphabet, and just throw every thread in one based on the first letter in the title.

All these sticky categories simply defeat the drop down the list function of the software. There are fewer and fewer new threads to move the dead threads off the front page.

I agree. Too much clutter? No, the irrelevant threads will work themselves out and the relevant ones will work themselves back to the top.

At the very least unlock the old threads as there was still very good discussion going on in them.

I give up --- I was trying to gather everything in one place so people could keep up.
Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Kind of like Brian France.

My only beef is that you closed off the old discussions. Keeping them in one thread is fine, but I'd suggest keeping them active so we can still keep the discussion going.

They are open.
I humbly apologize to all those who want all those Chase threads.
I apologize for being a neat freak and trying to keep things together.
I apologize to those who were complaining about all those Chase threads.

I'm sorry I can't separate all those combined threads for those who want to comment on them. They are merged in order of the posts made --- so good luck.

They are open.

I'm sorry I can't separate all those combined threads for those who want to comment on them. They are merged in order of the posts made --- so good luck.

Ah, Thanks. It was showing locked earlier.

They are open.

Shouldn't the thread titled "The Real Championship Thread" be merged with the older threads too? I mean it is technically a Chase thread...

just the opposite here. really tired of sore losers and bad sports in general harping on every thread along with the chase tweakers with their own agendas. this is a racing forum, not a complaing forum. Give them their pity party thread, and boot them off of the other threads where the rest of us are trying to talk racing.

A new thread where I can say that I don't like this chase format at all.

I think it's a ridiculous method of determining the champion for a season.

More reasons this new chase format is a joke...

We have 3 drivers who have 12 wins, 37 top 5's among them eliminated from the chase.
But we have 1 driver who has 0 wins and 4 top 5's who moves on.

What is wrong with this picture ?

More reasons this new chase format is a joke...

We have 3 drivers who have 12 wins, 37 top 5's among them eliminated from the chase.
But we have 1 driver who has 0 wins and 4 top 5's who moves on.

What is wrong with this picture ?
I don't totally disagree but playing off the other side it just sounds like some teams made critical mistakes (or were victims of such) and an extreme underdog capitalized. Two races is not much time to recover from a bad race with this level of competition which is why the winning clause exists. Kes at Talladega and Harvick yesterday took advantage of that - but the opportunity was available to all.

The playoffs are the time to be on top of your game... so if someone has a bad race or gets caught up in something sure it may be a shame but they knew beforehand that misfortune would not be tolerated. It is really a shame Gordo didn't advance because he had a great season.... the Kes incident most likely cost him.

People talk about playoffs with this chase format. You can't compare ball and stick sports to racing. Completely different animals that need completely different championship formats.
It is completely different than any other sport.

People talk about playoffs with this chase format. You can't compare ball and stick sports to racing. Completely different animals that need completely different championship formats.
Agreed.

But whether its called the chase, the playoffs, the post-season, etc. its meant to compare to stick and ball sports... that's what Brain "Game 7" France wanted and that is what he got.

So...the guy with 6 wins is out and the guy with 0 wins in 3rd? o_O
2015 will be the last year that I attend a NASCAR race. I will relinquish the season seats that I've had for over a decade and I'll no longer follow Brian France's little circus.

Bobby, I hate to say it, but I'm pulling for Newman just so hopefully it'll prove a point that Brian France is a massive idiot.

I

Bobby, I hate to say it, but I'm pulling for Newman just so hopefully it'll prove a point that Brian France is a massive idiot.
I had to go back and look at a little history, if Newman wins the championship without winning the race on Sunday, he would indeed be the first winless champion in the 66 seasons of the Cup series. There have been four one-win champions, but never a winless one.

Not to all of us.

Championships have to hold some sort of value, how in the world can we call someone a "champion" if overall they weren't the best driver over the "entire" season?

When we start ranking the greatest drivers of all time, IMO, any championship that was won during the Chase era is watered down compared to the previous championships.

Championships have to hold some sort of value, how in the world can we call someone a "champion" if overall they weren't the best driver over the "entire" season?

When we start ranking the greatest drivers of all time, IMO, any championship that was won during the Chase era is watered down compared to the previous championships.
Again, welcome to 2004.

I've never been a fan of the chase era but of all the versions this is my favorite.

Again, welcome to 2004.

I've never been a fan of the chase era but of all the versions this is my favorite.

But why? It's even more watered down than before.

I get the excitement behind it, that's an increase in "drama", but that shouldn't be how you determine if someone wins a championship.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm liking what I'm seeing. I'm also enjoying this more than any of the post seasons since the inception of the Chase.

Back
Top Bottom