CHASE talk goes here ----

There will be a big backlash on this format just like last year when they added Gordon to the chase as a 13th driver. NASCAR needs new management.

OK, folks, I'm getting dizzy and confused with all the separate CHASE threads.

So, please, put it all here where everyone can comment in one place and keep track of
who likes it, who hates it, who accepts it for what it is, who thinks it's fair/unfair, who thinks some
driver has no business in the Chase, ad nauseum.

Warning --- In a few minutes, the myriad of other Chase threads will be combined and locked.
THANK YOU!!

IMO, The Chase is killing the sport. Fewer and fewer fans every single year.
Like many others, I'm about done with it. It really sucks watching something that you've loved forever die.

Seven threads rolled into one here lol... Im confused.... aaaand so we'll continue from here....

Also.... do we talk about Chase Elliot here too? Like the Danica sticky? :p

More reasons this new chase format is a joke...

We have 3 drivers who have 12 wins, 37 top 5's among them eliminated from the chase.
But we have 1 driver who has 0 wins and 4 top 5's who moves on.

What is wrong with this picture ?

LOL ............. when you put it like that it really does seem ignorant, I sure do hope Newman wins this thing and Nascar gives up on manufacturing excitement. Phoenix was hyped by many to be the "race of the year" and I feel dumb for buying tickets to a groaner.

You can make a movie and hype it up to be the best movie ever made and people will watch it to see a great movie. All these folks show up to watch this movie and find out its the WORST movie ever made............................... they sold lots of tickets though
Like every michael bay movie.

There will be a big backlash on this format just like last year when they added Gordon to the chase as a 13th driver. NASCAR needs new management.
They should hire Vince McMahon to run it, would make it more legitimate than this ridiculous "Don't win and your in" crap.

They should hire Vince McMahon to run it, would make it more legitimate than this ridiculous "Don't win and your in" crap.
they can't make new rules every year to let jeffy in, some of the other drivers would cry like he does. then all the drivers would be racing for the championship.

they can't make new rules every year to let jeffy in, some of the other drivers would cry like he does. then all the drivers would be racing for the championship.
sure they can, it's Nascar, hasn't been legitimate in 10 years. Can you imagine what would have gone down if what happened to Gordon would have happened to Dale Sr? lol

I don't quite agree that the chase is ruining the sport but I do feel that NASCAR is catering 100% to the casual fan and trying to attract new fans but in return it's actually driving some fans away. I don't see this format attracting many hardcore racing fans. I'm a die hard race fan so I'll watch any kind of racing regardless of a format.

here's a great analogy for ole anti chase nascar die hards.
new bay bridge.....between san fran -- oakland.
gotta tear old bridge down now.
but.......old cormorant birds won't leave old bridge !

enter enviro folks..........millions later.....old birds still on old bridge ! ha!

NASCAR is a business, reliant on investor dollars. The business is failing. Sponsorship in the sport is on the decline. Viewer ratings are down. Attendance is down to the point that seating area at certain tracks is being reduced. Like it or not, the sport is slowly going away. Brian's BS (Chase) attempts to increase interest in the sport have failed miserably. The sport is dying, like it or not.

Having Jeff Gordon in the last "Chase" where he belonged due to his works would be nice for NASCAR. But #&%^$...get the guys that 90% of the world don't know in there and let them shoot it out for a fake prize that no oldtimers will respect.

It is simply a disaster that NASCAR has created in their thunderous charge for profits.

Don't get me wrong...the drivers are cashing big checks too....$$ has ruined this sport like it has others....damned shame...but it is what it is.

Last edited:
NASCAR is a business, reliant on investor dollars. The business is failing. Sponsorship in the sport is on the decline. Viewer ratings are down. Attendance is down to the point that seating area at certain tracks is being reduced. Like it or not, the sport is slowly going away. Brian's BS (Chase) attempts to increase interest in the sport have failed miserably. The sport is dying, like it or not.

Let it die, maybe it'll torn down and rebuilt on the short tracks and such that built it in the first place, ratings and crowds mean nothing to me. I just want some solid racing and no manufactured bs.

I have really enjoyed 2014 CUP racing. Best in 20 years.

The racing has been pretty damn good this year. I probably shouldn't be so critical of the on track product. If I remember correctly the first 10 or so races were absolute bangers.

Let it die, maybe it'll torn down and rebuilt on the short tracks and such that built it in the first place, ratings and crowds mean nothing to me. I just want some solid racing and no manufactured bs.
When NASCAR is gone, motorsport fans will return to the dirt short tracks where NASCAR was spawned, but there will be no more "NASCAR."

The racing has been pretty damn good this year. I probably shouldn't be so critical of the on track product. If I remember correctly the first 10 or so races were absolute bangers.
The first 10 or so races ended on a GWC. The races themselves were meh. Granted I believe racing should never end on a caution but it was getting out of hand imo

The problem with this chase is simple, you have two guys in your "final four" who have had the kind of season to be there, and you got two guys who have lucked in to it by doing next to nothing. Heck, one of them didn't start all of the races. So say the 4 and 22 have trouble....you could quite possibly the most controversial "champion" of all time in NASCAR.

The first 10 or so races ended on a GWC. The races themselves were meh. Granted I believe racing should never end on a caution but it was getting out of hand imo

I remember solid racing throughout races consistently earlier this year. Maybe I was just stoned.

The problem with this chase is simple, you have two guys in your "final four" who have had the kind of season to be there, and you got two guys who have lucked in to it by doing next to nothing. Heck, one of them didn't start all of the races. So say the 4 and 22 have trouble....you could quite possibly the most controversial "champion" of all time in NASCAR.
Oh yea thats right. I forgot Denny sat out due to that crazy eye infection or whatever.

Now he's in the homestead bowl. LOL what a farce.

Dont talk to slice about that. He thinks one week of good ratings saves a whole year of mediocre ratings. :rolleyes:

No one can argue the fact ratings for NASCAR races have bee in the toilet. Considerably.
:rolleyes:

Oh.. sorry I didnt expect the fans to come bursting in by the masses due to the news of a new format... my bad thinking maybe it would need some time to generate excitement... ur gona tell me u dont think the high ratings over the past two races are bc of the new chase? And as I said somewhere else.. if new fans watch a full race like the one the other day or any over the past few weeks... they'll be hooked... its a good thing.... but of course ppl find a way to spin a ratings boost negatively.

:rolleyes:

Oh.. sorry I didnt expect the fans to come bursting in by the masses due to the news of a new format... my bad thinking maybe it would need some time to generate excitement... ur gona tell me u dont think the high ratings over the past two races are bc of the new chase? And as I said somewhere else.. if new fans watch a full race like the one the other day or any over the past few weeks... they'll be hooked... its a good thing.... but of course ppl find a way to spin a ratings boost negatively.

Because of controversy. The new chase had little to do with this week's boost in ratings.

Note that I said "little" to do so it did have something to do with it. I think that the fact it was an elimination race and because the points were so close played a part. A small one.

I don't need to spin why this race got good ratings when ratings are down every other week.

Sucks for you because you missed the blooming years of NASCAR ratings wise from 2001sh to 2005.

We won't being seeing those days again.

Because of controversy. The new chase had little to do with this week's boost in ratings.

Note that I said "little" to do so it did have something to do with it. I think that the fact it was an elimination race and because the points were so close played a part. A small one.

I don't need to spin why this race got good ratings when ratings are down every other week.

Sucks for you because you missed the blooming years of NASCAR ratings wise from 2001sh to 2005.

We won't being seeing those days again.
Pretty sure the new chase has a lot to do with the controversy.. no?

Also... it doesnt make a difference to me what the ratings were like 10-15 years ago... doesn't change my viewing experience now... which I always have enjoyed.

Also... it doesnt make a difference to me what the ratings were like 10-15 years ago... doesn't change my viewing experience now... which I always have enjoyed.

Ok. Good for you. But you're just one person. 1 individual can't buck the trend of a down spiral.

Ok. Good for you. But you're just one person. 1 individual can't buck the trend of a down spiral.
...but the races will still be on TV right? lol

I mean dd NBC not just sign a 15 year contract? I doubt Fox is going anywhere... I'll worry about it when Im in my 40's.

And high ratings do?

And high ratings do?
No... not at all... but the point is it doesn't matter to me what the ratings are like.. not that I dont like to see them up. Obviously I want the sport to do better... but Im not worried enough to think it's going to not be on TV.. and as long as it is... Im fine with it regardless of who else is watching it.

Back
Top Bottom