Chicago RACE thread

Not sure where the Golden Horseshoe is. Jimmie better check his shorts.

Yeah, but the crazy thing about this format is that all he has to do is advance. Kez's impressive win means little in 2 races when they reset the points. Things will get tighter though.

speed? after the first pit when everybody adjusted, he ran between 5th and 12th, Hambone was crying the whole race...my moter is blowing up..gees it's a Toyota, that is the way they sound.

I thought Johnson was junk until I watched how he was racing. He wasn't pushing it, I don't count him out.

speed? after the first pit when everybody adjusted, he ran between 5th and 12th, Hambone was crying the whole race...my moter is blowing up..gees it's a Toyota, that is the way they sound.

LOL. :moon:

Larson is in a top tier car, he keeps making rookie mistakes..he loves the wall, and it keep biting him, and he isn't that good on restarts when you need to be good. Give him time and he won't be making those mistakes

Larson drove from last to first in that thing, and it was a backup car..wrecked the good one..hit the wall up top...again.

Larson is in a top tier car, he keeps making rookie mistakes..he loves the wall, and it keep biting him, and he isn't that good on restarts when you need to be good. Give him time and he won't be making those mistakes
Ganassi does not have top tier equipment.
The kid is 22.
You know what happens to old Champions? They get older. Youngsters start nibbling into their wins until they don't win so much anymore. Then they retire and the youngsters become the Champions. Kyle Larson is going to be part of the future. I can't wait until Ryan Blaney, Bubba Wallace, Chase Elliott, etc. get to Cup. We are in for some good racing.

Ganassi does not have top tier equipment.
The kid is 22.
You know what happens to old Champions? They get older. Youngsters start nibbling into their wins until they don't win so much anymore. Then they retire and the youngsters become the Champions. Kyle Larson is going to be part of the future. I can't wait until Ryan Blaney, Bubba Wallace, Chase Elliott, etc. get to Cup. We are in for some good racing.
back up car goes from last to first? how do you explain that..Jaime Mac was leading the race until he screwed up not the car.

might be for you, but Ganassi isn't a dog team like so many think. They needed a driver and now they have one.

I know Ganassi get engines from HMS. I'm wondering if they get the full blown teammate treatment like SHR do with all the HMS R&D and race setups on a silver platter if they want it.
Does Ganassi get their chassis from HMS?

And yes, it would be a nascar dream come true for me.

Takes both, like Larson said after the race..couldn't believe the backup car was so good. tells the story

everybody wanking about hendrick domination..hell, I want some competition from the other teams, healthier that way. Penske with only two cars are giving them hell, Ganassi has an up and comer, Gibbs going to 4 cars, and even Petty has some hope with Almirola.

everybody wanking about hendrick domination..hell, I want some competition from the other teams, healthier that way. Penske with only two cars are giving them hell, Ganassi has an up and comer, Gibbs going to 4 cars, and even Petty has some hope with Almirola.
Brad kicked Hendrick ass today.

Ganassi has needed a driver in cup for a long time, nothing like a hot shoe to jack up the crew back at the shop.

With all of the BS changes that Brian has made to the sport in the past decade, I'm just thrilled to see a talent like Kyle Larson breathe a little life into the sport. Kyle Larson battled with (arguably) the best driver (Gordon) in the Cup Series today and came up a little short. Larson also beat 6-time, KyBu, KuBu. Harvick. Matt, Jr., Kasey, etc. at a 1.5 that he never raced at.
I like what I see in Kyle Larson.

yeah, might as well give him a chase berth or whatever gizmo they will come up with next year, I think we all know he will be in it.

Larson absolutely could not have a better mentor than Jeff Gordon. They have similar styles as youngsters and virtually the same background.

Only thing that saved Kyle was the late cautions. He is the best in the series on restarts and he improved his position each time. Kenseth was doing the same thing, he tired them to death at the last of the race.
Late cautions hurt him too. He was driving away up front when Bowyer brought out the yellow. That probably cost him the race.

Late cautions hurt him too. He was driving away up front when Bowyer brought out the yellow. That probably cost him the race.
I think you are talking about Larson, but I could be mistaking, I was talking about Busch and I remember he led at the start of the race, he started on the pole but after the first pit I didn't think he led very much after that point. Larson came from the back and popped up front at about the 3/4 mark and there was hell to pay after that point at the front.

Great day, and I've got the 18 singing TRD's praises. I have NEVER heard that. Great start.

What did they do with the real Kyle Busch ?? I bet they have him locked up in a cage somewhere
Kyle Busch doesnt get excited about a seventh place car, guys were passing him like he was in 3rd gear :rolleyes:
I am not saying that there havent been improvements but maybe to little to late

What did they do with the real Kyle Busch ?? I bet they have him locked up in a cage somewhere
Kyle Busch doesnt get excited about a seventh place car, guys were passing him like he was in 3rd gear :rolleyes:
With this point system, it doesnt matter. All hes, or anyone, has gotta do is steal a win every 3 races... Or atleast stick around in the top 5

I know Ganassi get engines from HMS. I'm wondering if they get the full blown teammate treatment like SHR do with all the HMS R&D and race setups on a silver platter if they want it.
Does Ganassi get their chassis from HMS?

And yes, it would be a nascar dream come true for me.

You know, much of that kind of information is very confidential for whatever reason, but I think they are more engine and associated supports for the engine program. Completely not sure, but thinking that they do their own bodies. Those tiers of support arrangements are more public with ECR than Hendrick.

I hear ya, but he is feeling something that hasn't been there before. As Chex said, all he has to do in this first round is what he did. Honestly, what has the 2 done by winning in this format? Really, not much more that the 18 IF the 18 continues to run well.

Looks like after all this time, he has finally become the New and Improved Kyle Busch. ;)

Back
Top Bottom