Congratulations Joey Logano

As far as that Martinsville race goes, if I was Denny, I would probably have bullied my way into that spot too. Difference is, I wouldn't have asked for or expected Joey to give it up. And if I was Joey, I wouldn't have given it up. Eff that.

Unless it's a RP race, when you're in position to win with just a few laps to go, there are no such things as teammates.

As far as that Martinsville race goes, if I was Denny, I would probably have bullied my way into that spot too. Difference is, I wouldn't have asked for or expected Joey to give it up. And if I was Joey, I wouldn't have given it up. Eff that.

Unless it's a RP race, when you're in position to win with just a few laps to go, there are no such things as teammates.

Exactly.
Denny did nothing wrong there. Nothing for any Logano fans to cry about. Bottom line is, Denny got the win even if he had to plow his way to the front to get it.
You should expect that at Mville.

Correct, and the difference in this case was finishing 2nd or 3rd instead of winning.
As long as I've been watching NASCAR, Denny has by far been the worst team mate I've seen. It's rare to see team mates going at it but I've seen it more than once from Denny. That M'Ville race, and then there's the way he ran Kyle into the wall in the All Star race a couple years back, I'm sure there's more. Denny is too full of himself. I think being a team player is key to this sport. Especially after seeing Joey's transformation after finding a good team mate to work with. Denny seems to think he can do it all himself... and he can't.

As long as I've been watching NASCAR, Denny has by far been the worst team mate I've seen. It's rare to see team mates going at it but I've seen it more than once from Denny. That M'Ville race, and then there's the way he ran Kyle into the wall in the All Star race a couple years back, I'm sure there's more. Denny is too full of himself. I think being a team player is key to this sport. Especially after seeing Joey's transformation after finding a good team mate to work with. Denny seems to think he can do it all himself... and he can't.

Maybe you're right about Denny being a bad teammate, but the two example you give are both going for a win in the final laps of a race.

At that point the teammate crap goes out the window and you shouldn't expect a teammate to do anything but try to get the best finish possible for him and his team.

Kyle was just the usual crybaby after the all-star race.

Teammates should give each other some consideration during the race. But in the final laps of the race, it's every man for himself.

He's done a hell of lot more "all himself" than Logano has ever done.

Maybe you're right about Denny being a bad teammate, but the two example you give are both going for a win in the final laps of a race.

At that point the teammate crap goes out the window and you shouldn't expect a teammate to do anything but try to get the best finish possible for him and his team.

Kyle was just the usual crybaby after the all-star race.

Teammates should give each other some consideration during the race. But in the final laps of the race, it's every man for himself.
Agreed 100%.

I remember being on Denny's side when that stuff went down in the All Star race, and I couldn't stand him or Kyle back then. He didn't do anything wrong right there. As I think he even said in an interview afterwards, what was he supposed to do? Pull over and let Kyle pass him?

It's funny though, because I have a feeling that if the roles were reversed, Kyle would have done the same exact thing that Denny did, Denny would have reacted exactly like Kyle did, and I would have taken Kyle's side. LOL.

Slow down my friend! You're going to get blisters on your fingers! LOL
I'm a believer too Sliced, I bought this tee in Las Vegas when I was there with Bobby.
uploadfromtaptalk1397161679627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom