Cup RACE thread --- Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.
In their defense, they made me continue watching and that's really their #1 goal in with these rain delays, so kudos for that.

The rain is not going to stop anytime soon. NASCAR might as well go ahead and announce tomorrow's start time.

Bristol Radar 5.gif

It is if the only events you've ever organized consist of outings for yourself and your cats.

When you know weather is inevitable you don't start the event. I've organized tons of events/tournaments. We don't send players out for one hole when lightning is 20 miles away. 15 miles being our buffer zone. It's called being proactive...

Last edited:
When you know weather is investable you don't start the event. I've organized tons of events/tournaments. We don't send players out for one hole when lightning is 20 miles away. 15 miles being our buffer zone. It's called being proactive...
Investable? Intervesting

Honestly, I am not much of a cook but I will say, my mother taught me how to make good chili. It's not spicy but it's really good.

Dammit, now I want some.

Then start cooking :booya:

When you know weather is investable you don't start the event. I've organized tons of events/tournaments. We don't send players out for one hole when lightning is 20 miles away. 15 miles being our buffer zone. It's called being proactive...
You don't. They do.

Your righteous indignation is wasted on me. They're doing their best. Sometimes it's good enough and sometimes it isn't. They're all still there, they still have fans there and I'm gonna sit here amusing myself with other things until they try again or call it.

Honestly, I am not much of a cook but I will say, my mother taught me how to make good chili. It's not spicy but it's really good.

Dammit, now I want some.
Don't worry about not being spicy, I can turn up the heat for myself. Oh, and a side of cornbread would be nice.

I went to a race at AMS that was called after it stopped raining. It didn't rain at all the rest of the day. I've never heard as many pissed off race fans as leaving the track that day. NASCAR made an effort, and that is to be praised in my view. As others have mentioned, going to these races isn't cheap. For some people, it may be their only vacation of the year. NASCAR owes it to them to make every effort possible to get the race in for those who can't come back.

Rio Olympics ........................ womens mountain biking event will do nicely

I went to a race at AMS that was called after it stopped raining. It didn't rain at all the rest of the day. I've never heard as many pissed off race fans as leaving the track that day. NASCAR made an effort, and that is to be praised in my view. As others have mentioned, going to these races isn't cheap. For some people, it may be their only vacation of the year. NASCAR owes it to them to make every effort possible to get the race in for those who can't come back.
Exactly, this isn't rocket science.

I went to a race at AMS that was called after it stopped raining. It didn't rain on the rest of the day. I've never heard as many pissed off race fans as leaving the track that day. NASCAR made an effort, and that is to be praised in my view. As others have mentioned, going to these races isn't cheap. For some people, it may be their only vacation of the year. NASCAR owes it to them to make every effort possible to get the race in for those who can't come back.

It really is a tough situation. Personally, whether I was at the track or at home...I want to see some racing so I could honestly wait all night. I just feel for those who are currently waiting at the track and most likely not going to get to see a race tonight. I work in 10 hours but thankfully Sundays are rather slow and relaxing, so I'm not concerned about getting a lot of sleep.

You don't. They do.

Your righteous indignation is wasted on me. They're doing their best. Sometimes it's good enough and sometimes it isn't. They're all still there, they still have fans there and I'm gonna sit here amusing myself with other things until they try again or call it.

Anyone with a radar knew they weren't going racing there. We all called.. That's not self righteous rather using the radar and drawing a simple conclusion....

NASCAR had to of known the whole time there was no chance

Don't worry about not being spicy, I can turn up the heat for myself. Oh, and a side of cornbread would be nice.

Let's see, hamburger, some chili powder, onion, stewed tomatoes, pinto beans, northern beans or kidney beans. I think thats it, it's really simple but let it cook for a while. The longer it sits, the better it is. oh yeah, and salt, pepper and water.

Sometimes, mom used to put a couple of peeled potatoes in it too, my father loved it like that.

Listening to officials: take shelter severe weather warning

Which is why they never should have gotten everyone back in the stands for those parade laps. The radar was showing increased convection/severity the last 45 minutes...

Hopefully everyone is safe....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom