Cup RACE thread --- Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no weatherman, but from the looks of it, on and off again rain for the next hour. If they are willing to wait an hour and a half, then I think there could finally be a window assuming something else doesn't develop. The rain showers out by Nashville are moving slower and appear to be slowly falling apart.

Which is why they never should have gotten everyone back in the stands for those parade laps. The radar was showing increased convection/severity the last 45 minutes...

Hopefully everyone is safe....
The few people remaining in the stands have been advised. Calm yourself.

Let's see, hamburger, some chili powder, onion, stewed tomatoes, pinto beans, northern beans or kidney beans. I think thats it, it's really simple but let it cook for a while. The longer it sits, the better it is. oh yeah, and salt, pepper and water.

Sometimes, mom used to put a couple of peeled potatoes in it too, my father loved it like that.
You expect me to do that myself? At this hour?

Replace half the hamburger with kielbasa, or some smoked brisket if you want to get really over the top. Also, a tablespoon of cumin, and a teaspoon each of cocoa powder and cinnamon. If it's a bit too soupy, natural peanut butter will tighten it up some.

Edit: and none of that spaghetti / pasta crapola they insist on in Cincinnati, or the rice Hoosiers stick in.

NASCAR can get this in if they wait till about 1245 no reason not too since they've waited this long

Yeah, I was thinking about an hour for the rain to stop then another 30-45 minutes to dry the track. No reason to wait since they've already waited this long.

NASCAR attempted to resume the race because they thought they could get a few more green flag laps in before it rained again.

Unfortunately for fans at the track, it rained again before they were able to fly the green flag again.

Let's see, hamburger, some chili powder, onion, stewed tomatoes, pinto beans, northern beans or kidney beans. I think thats it, it's really simple but let it cook for a while. The longer it sits, the better it is. oh yeah, and salt, pepper and water.

Sometimes, mom used to put a couple of peeled potatoes in it too, my father loved it like that.
...cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano, tomato paste, sugar, paprika, bell pepper...:)

I could do some of that except for bell pepper. I hate peppers. I bet sugar makes it taste really good.
Just enough to cut the tomato acidity. A couple of teaspoons is usually enough. Try poblano peppers instead.

You expect me to do that myself? At this hour?

Replace half the hamburger with kielbasa, or some smoked brisket if you want to get really over the top. Also, a tablespoon of cumin, and a teaspoon each of cocoa powder and cinnamon. If it's a bit too soupy, natural peanut butter will tighten it up some.

Edit: and none of that spaghetti / pasta crapola they insist on in Cincinnati, or the rice Hoosiers stick in.

I could do some of that too except peanut butter sounds gross and no, absolutely no spaghetti.

How sad are we that we are sitting posting about chili?

I could do some of that too except peanut butter sounds gross and no, absolutely no spaghetti.

How sad are we that we are sitting posting about spaghetti?

I had never heard of spaghetti in chili until I moved to Wisconsin this year. Some coworkers got me to try it. After I overcame my initial reticence, it was actually quite good.

Let it rain all afternoon tomorrow and give us a sunday night race

Let it rain all afternoon tomorrow and give us a sunday night race

For the sake of those attending hopefully not. A Sunday afternoon race should allow those in attendance some extra travel time to get back home. A Sunday night race would likely create a logistical nightmare for a lot of people....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom