Does Jeff Gordon even care anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff rough some of the drivers up a little bit. I was surprised he let Joey around him so easy on the GWC without even putting up much of a fight. I would have thought he would have tried to block Joey a little bit.
Jeff is a driver's driver. In his early wins he always gave credit to whoever he raced hard for racing him clean & giving each other plenty of room. He likes to keep racing others how they race him. Coming back to Texas, he knew he was doomed on 2 tires and had a slow short run car any way. He did all he could without getting run over & dumped. Settled for 2nd after getting pushed back to 7th. Not a bad idea.

Jeff only cares about payday when his wife has her hand out waiting for the check.

I really thought that if he cleared Vickers as soon as he did that he would be ok holding on but Joey was too quick.

Maybe if Joey had restarted 5th or something that would have been the difference.

But I'll take second. He turned a 6th place car into a second place runner up. That's almost like a win.

If Jeff had won the Texas race he would have had to stay and do late interviews well into Monday night.
He would have had to do the high fives, with all of those pit crew peoples unwashed hands as well.
All while pretending to enjoy being forced to stay in the Denton, Arlington, or Ft Worth, or Dallas texas areas well into Monday evening. JFK wasnt even forced to stay there overnight.

Mr Couth would have had to hang out with the Duck Dynasties people too and ham it up. And you really never can be sure of what else may be involved, it is texas, Billy Gibbons may have even shown up hisselves and prolonged the pomp and circumstances.
The only upside is getting to practice a little of the fun type acting, as in wearing a cowboy act and shooting cap guns for the camera.

Then as if he wasn't tortured enough, he has to ring the bell at the Hendrix facility, in the presence of the Godfather himself Mr Rick Hendrick. The man that that has presided over forcing him to race and be the hostage.

Finishing second allowed him to avoid those problems while still having a good points day. As long as he runs fast and gets a top ten he has satisfied the requirements of Ricks syndicate, and it is less overtime work.

Last of all if he wins as he has accidentally done in the last few years, it only encourages his captors to prolong his ordeal.

Another caveats that needs clarification: Jeff already knows that had he won at least a third of us would have had called our wives Ingrid on Sunday night, and had her call us Jeff. Perhaps even named the little ones "Jeff" or "Jeffrina" some nine months later.

But even so this doesn't help Jeff to escape his current problems, so it isnt an inspiring motivation. By the times those future little ones are old enough to want souvenirs $ from his hauler he will have already been emancipated. Probably as a refuge granted Asylum in Eastern Europe or some other unknown parts.

Apoendix : This didnt work out for Jeff in the past either. Because anyone that did the Jeff/Brooke name game in a post 90s post race celebration didnt materialize in souvenir sales either. All those resulting kids wanted Jimmie Johnson souvenirs.

I really thought that if he cleared Vickers as soon as he did that he would be ok holding on but Joey was too quick.

Maybe if Joey had restarted 5th or something that would have been the difference.

But I'll take second. He turned a 6th place car into a second place runner up. That's almost like a win.
I think ur right.. if more people... even one, had taken only 2 tires Jeff probably would have won with Joey close on his heels.

Last edited:
Another caveats that needs clarification: Jeff already knows that had he won at least a third of us would have had called our wives Ingrid on Sunday night, and had her call us Jeff. Perhaps even named the little ones "Jeff" or "Jeffrina" some nine months later.

But even so this doesn't help Jeff to escape his current problems, so it isnt an inspiring motivation. By the times those future little ones are old enough to want souvenirs $ from his hauler he will have already been emancipated. Probably as a refuge granted Asylum in Eastern Europe or some other unknown parts.

Apoendix : This didnt work out for Jeff in the past either. Because anyone that did the Jeff/Brooke name game in a post 90s post race celebration didnt materialize in souvenir sales either. All those resulting kids wanted Jimmie Johnson souvenirs.
LMAO You should write a novel .. you remind of a buddy of mine that is just able to come up with the most random hilarious things all the time and it never stops coming. :XXROFL:

LMAO You s-ld write a novel .. you remind of a buddy of mine that is just able to come up with the most random hilarious things all the time and it never stops coming. :XXROFL:

I just like goofing off. And using unpoetic licence, personallys I never played the Jeff/ Ingrid name game.

I always called the wifey Teresa (Earnhardts) back in the day.:) and tried to get her to grit her teeth real fierce like while looking back and to say Git-R-Done real southern and serious like.

Getting her to do the Ingrid Belguimnese accent would have been unfair. And besides that I dont know the key Belgium phrases for words like Git-R-done, hence it would have destroyed the mood.

Chapter 2: "Southern Hospitality"
I just like goofing off. And using unpoetic licence, personallys I never played the Jeff/ Ingrid name game.

I always called the wifey Teresa (Earnhardts) back in the day.:) and tried to get her to grit her teeth real fierce like while looking back and to say Git-R-Done real southern and serious like.

Getting her to do the Ingrid Belguimnese accent would have been unfair. And besides that I dont know the key Belgium phrases for words like Git-R-done, hence it would have destroyed the mood.

But one thing Jeff does care about, is the environment. He saves the trees

149.jpg

While we all know that Jeff Gordon doesn't care anymore at least there's another Gordon that seems to.

@JeffGordonWeb

Ella driving a quarter midget for the first time today. The smile says it all.

BlO1DMcIUAAIzqt.jpg

BlO2Rs3IIAAM20L.jpg:large

Awesome.

Just get Leo going and in about 15 years from now we'd be talking about them like them Dillon boys. :D

@nascarcasm

Spring and Jeff Gordon - two things that are very slow on restarts.
Sad how the whole nascar community knows his weakness now :(

I hope he practices on the off season. How hard could it possibly be for a 20+ year 4 time champ

Sad how the whole nascar community knows his weakness now :(

I hope he practices on the off season. How hard could it possibly be for a 20+ year 4 time champ

DW was talking about how everyone knows his weakness. That was a sad moment. I just smh.

Shoot, even Kahne who's like everyone's bitch got him last year at Pocono on the final restart.

I think NASCAR is going to give the old man his own lane to restart if this keeps up. lol

I don't understand why he spins tires so often.. The top lane in the front row at Darlington was causing problems for lots of people but especially the 24.. It was like clockwork.

It doesn't help that once he finally gets going the car is useless for the first 10 laps in a run..

It doesn't help that once he finally gets going the car is useless for the first 10 laps in a run..

Not only that, but by the time he gets settled, he would have already lost around 3-4 seconds on the leader.

That's why he's not winning as often. Between the double file restarts and his slow restarts, its no wonder why he doesn't have many chances at the win.

Oh and did I forget to say how NASCAR loves their G-W-C finishes which totally neuters him.

Basically, super long green flag runs=Gordon wins mostly

Not only that, but by the time he gets settled, he would have already lost around 3-4 seconds on the leader.

That's why he's not winning as often. Between the double file restarts and his slow restarts, its no wonder why he doesn't have many chances at the win.

Oh and did I forget to say how NASCAR loves their G-W-C finishes which totally neuters him.

Basically, super long green flag runs=Gordon wins mostly

Yuup, a vicious cycle that they have yet to catch up on..

He's having the best start to his career in years. That win is just so damn elusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom