Edwards to Joe Gibbs Racing, Suarez?

Always nice seeing the bigger teams expand. That's why I think NASCAR should raise the team limit back up to 5. The more guys in top cars the better racing.

Would love to see Penske, RCR and MWR all go to 3 drivers in the near future if possible. Here's to hoping.

Always nice seeing the bigger teams expand. That's why I think NASCAR should raise the team limit back up to 5. The more guys in top cars the better racing.

Would love to see Penske, RCR and MWR all go to 3 drivers in the near future if possible. Here's to hoping.

RCR has three with Newman, Menard, and Dillion.

I thought MWR had three, oh the 66.does not count.

Penske should have expanded ages ago IMO.

Penske will expand when Blaney is ready. The problem with the bigger teams expanding is the bigger teams will have more expectations to make the chase so when you don't, you're looking behind your shoulder.

Define better? you do realize that Carl in his "crappy Roush car" has the same number of cup wins as the entire JGR team this year?

You do realize that's incredibly misleading and Gibbs will have 3 cars in the chase as opposed to one for Roush right?

You do realize that's incredibly misleading and Gibbs will have 3 cars in the chase as opposed to one for Roush right?

Im sorry, how many championships does Gibbs have? Dont worry I'll wait...

Whats misleading about it? Carl has two wins, Denny has one, Kyle has one. Would you like a calculator?

I think going to a forth team now will hurt JGR for the next few years. Where's the talent pool?

I do think the CC for the #19 will probably come from outside the organization. Perhaps Bullins.

I think JGR will be strong next year right from the beginning.
I think Joe Gibbs has better leadership skills than does Jack Roush. Toyota needs to step the HP up next year.
JGR 2015 is a very formidable team. Time will tell.
I like it.

@DGodfatherMoody

New JGR backer Carlos Slim Domit is the son of Carlos Slim, Forbes Magazine's richest man in the world. Great add for JGR and the sport!

Thought something like that would be the reason that Suarez showed up. He isn't that good. Didn't do much in the states against the competition.

Glad Carl went over to the dark side, good place for him..with those REALLy fast Toyotas, "car is Really fast" and watch him have top 20's was getting tiresome. Let him do that some wheres else.

Im sorry, how many championships does Gibbs have? Dont worry I'll wait...

Whats misleading about it? Carl has two wins, Denny has one, Kyle has one. Would you like a calculator?

LOL, about 33% more than Roush has.

Define better? you do realize that Carl in his "crappy Roush car" has the same number of cup wins as the entire JGR team this year?

Oh, I see. I mistook you for a Carl Edwards fan, when you are actually a Roush fan.

My bad. Edwards is absolutely 100% on a better team in 2015. There's a reason Roush has a lineup of Biffle, Stenhouse and Bayne next year while JGR has a lineup of Kenseth, Hamlin, Busch and Edwards. It's cause one team is taking steps to improve while the other is fading away into mediocrity.

Thought something like that would be the reason that Suarez showed up. He isn't that good. Didn't do much in the states against the competition.

Lol I'm sure this is after all the time you've spent watching him race :rolleyes:. He's a talented driver

With 3 wins in the #19, Carl Edwards would become the winningest driver in that car number of the 88 drivers that have driven that car # (Mayfield 2).

great, glad you toyota people got him, I have high hopes for C.Beuscher moving up next year and running some cup races for Roush/affiliate. He would be right there up at the top of the standings in Nationwide if he would have raced all the races this year. :)

NASCAR Car Number 19

• Ford: 578 races
  • Dodge: 349 races
  • Chevrolet: 291 races
  • Buick: 41 races
  • Mercury: 39 races
  • Toyota: 38 races
  • Plymouth: 14 races
  • Oldsmobile: 9 races
  • Pontiac: 9 races
  • Packard Motor Car Company: 5 races
  • Hudson: 1 races

Untitled.jpg

great, glad you toyota people got him, I have high hopes for C.Beuscher moving up next year and running some cup races for Roush/affiliate. He would be right there up at the top of the standings in Nationwide if he would have raced all the races this year. :)
We're glad we got him too. :)

Buescher's a talented kid too, though. I could see him maybe taking the 16 when Biffle retires.

Buescher's a talented kid too, though. I could see him maybe taking the 16 when Biffle retires.
hell with that, get Stenhouse otta there if he doesn't do something next year. As it is Biff and Bayne I'm thinking will both do better than Stenhouse, unless he pulls his head out.

You guys got another points racer just like Kenseth, but not as good at it as Kenseth. IMO. Solid racers, but they don't win races very often. Far as I am concerned he made a sideways move, I know Toyota/Gibbs people disagree. Gibbs is happy because he got a sponsor for Edwards and most importantly for Suarez. Winning isn't everything, sponsors pay the bills when you aren't

You guys got another points racer just like Kenseth, but not as good at it as Kenseth. IMO. Solid racers, but they don't win races very often. Far as I am concerned he made a sideways move, I know Toyota/Gibbs people disagree. Gibbs is happy because he got a sponsor for Edwards and most importantly for Suarez. Winning isn't everything, sponsors pay the bills when you aren't

I think Kenseth proved last year when he has top notch equipment, he can flat out dominate. Ditto for Edwards, he won 8 times in 2008

Kenseth is underrated; his reputation is unjustifiably stained by the 2003 championship season
Edwards would have won the 2011 championship in much the same fashion if not for the Chase. But, both drivers have proved they can pull multi-win seasons when everything is clicking as well. Glad to have 'em both at JGR.

Kenseth is back to doing what he always has done, it isn't the car or the team or some other blah blah blah. If there wasn't this recent chase or any chases, like now without the winning is everything deal, he would be right up there at the top in POINTS. He has one season in his long career where he actually wins a few..and here we go. Underrated..it was the Toyota, the Gibbs..blah blah. He is a top ten or better POINTS racer. nothing wrong with that IMO. 11 out of 15 full time seasons he is in the top 10 or better.

22nd in the real world record books. 31 wins. And at 42? you figure it out. he doesn't set the world on fire with wins but his top ten finishes are what keeps him in the ball game.

22nd in the real world record books. 31 wins. And at 42? you figure it out. he doesn't set the world on fire with wins but his top ten finishes are what keeps him in the ball game.
He started in Cup the same year as Junior and only a year ahead of Harvick and he's got more wins (and championships) than those guys.

Back
Top Bottom