Eldora - Anyone here going for the Truck race?

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
16 more days.

I know Johali's going. Anyone else?

I'll be camping in Lot #1, Row #1, Sites 13-14 along N Star Fort Loramie Rd just north of the track. Stop by and have a Bud Light or BYOB.

Drop by (I'll try to stay awake Smoke14 :D) and have a cold BL. Lot #1, Row #7, Site # 3. About 50 yards from the track main gate. Follow the golf cart tracks from DP's Chateau and you'll find me. :cheers:

upload_2014-7-7_9-45-43.png

Sounds like a second semi trailer of BL is in order. :D
Beer loaded. Firewood loaded. Planning a little tuneup on the golf cart and loading it up tonight. Should be able to squeeze some more speed out of her. Not sure how that will affect the speed in the turns though. Will be pulling out either Friday night or Saturday morning for the trek across Ohio.

Beer loaded. Firewood loaded. Planning a little tuneup on the golf cart and loading it up tonight. Should be able to squeeze some more speed out of her. Not sure how that will affect the speed in the turns though. Will be pulling out either Friday night or Saturday morning for the trek across Ohio.
Make sure you're using the recommended tire pressure. Having a problem in the turn might spill the beer --- and that would be tragic.

Pulling out in a few minutes for our Eldora trip. Been raining here all night long and it looks like it will be for most of the ride out there. If this keeps up it will definitely live up to the name, MudSummer Classic. Better pack your galoshes Johali! You might need em. :D

Sounds like a fun time in the making. Hope you have great weather, get to enjoy a good race and have a lifetime of memories as a result!

Pulling out in a few minutes for our Eldora trip. Been raining here all night long and it looks like it will be for most of the ride out there. If this keeps up it will definitely live up to the name, MudSummer Classic. Better pack your galoshes Johali! You might need em. :D

You will drive out of your funk soon... :D

Beautiful weather over here.

rain ....or no rain....betcha ya'll have great trip .
they go barefoot on fla coast...so johali is prepared.

figure bloomquist & schraeder will be better prepared this yr. ?

Had a little slowdown today. Left Georgia this morning after it rained all day yesterday, all night and all day today. Had a wheel bearing on the 2 year old RV go out and burn up in the middle of nowhere Tennessee. We have roadside assistance and they helped us limp to a State campground. Old Stone Fort State Park on The Barren Fork of the Duck River. A mechanic is supposed to finish repairing it tomorrow. So all should be good. I'm still smiling and just popped a top on a BL. :D

By the way, Insane Duane wins the Late Models feature race.

Last edited:
We finally arrived safely at Grand Lake Campground and set up. We're about 25 minutes from Eldora. Sitting by the lake, cold BL in hand unlaxing. :D

thought an ole captain woulda had spare wheel bearings / etc on board ? :D

are tha fish biting ?

Haulers have been arriving all night long. They are lining up to enter the track at 11am.

Note to anyone that's coming today..... They are opening up the garage area to all Wednesday ticket holders at 1pm today. They didn't do this last year.

The weather has been great here since Saturday. Today looks to be the same. Tomorrow however..... :mad:

thought an ole captain woulda had spare wheel bearings / etc on board ? :D

are tha fish biting ?
Wheel bearings, bearing races, seals, dust cap, 10 1/2" drum/hub, brake parts and pieces. I was short a coupla springs but they said all or nothing. ;) :D

The fish are biting slow but the beer's cold, the scenery's beautiful, my lovely wife is near at hand and the racing starts tonight. All is good. :cheers:

We just left southwest Michigan for Eldora. Going with a crew who went last year. I had a ticket last year but some things came up and didn't make it.

Goin' to be a good one folks.

Back
Top Bottom