Fired Up Friday Question(s)

If I were a Jeff Gordon fan and I lived in your area, my Homestead tickets would be a given.
I'll buy'em as soon as they go on sale. They'll email me an alert a few day's ahead of time. We're going to 4 races for sure this year and more than likely 7. We'll see how it works out.

Question #1: What driver is on the hot seat heading into 2015?

Question #2: If you could attend one race in Jeff Gordon’s final season, which race would it be?

Question #3: HMS or JGR..... Which one of these two teams will combine for the most race wins in 2015?

1) Danica, it's a contract year for her. GoDaddy probably brings in enough money for SHR, but I'd have to think that sooner or later, GoDaddy want to see some significant improvement from Danica

2) Fall race at Martinsville, he's done so well there in the past two years, I'd love to see him win a final race at M-Ville.

3) HMS.

1. Danica, it's time to show us what you got and I'm not talking more bikini pics.
2. Fall Atlanta race, the place where it all started.
3. Doesn't matter to me.

You may be right. It looks to me like Nascar's new rule's package seems to greatly favor the Toyota engines.

Could you explain that. All 3 engines are going to get a piece added, how does that favor Toyota?

If I were a Jeff Gordon fan and I lived in your area, my Homestead tickets would be a given.

Why ??? The 24 car may be entered but that doesn't mean he will be racing for anything, other than his last time in a cup car.

1. Kurt Bush, but not necessarily cause of performance
2. Richmond, but nothing to do with the 24.
3. HMS

1. Danica (contract year and to avoid Kournikova comparison)

2. Martinsville

3. HSM (because they are the current gold standard)

Could you explain that. All 3 engines are going to get a piece added, how does that favor Toyota?
My opinion is this. Everything that's been written about the Toyota engines in the last 2 or 3 years explains that they are already down on horsepower. They are restricting everybody's horsepower this year and from the articles I've read it will benefit the Toyota engines the most. The articles made sense to me so that's my opinion

1. Stenhouse for one, but I don't know how you can completely blame a Roush driver for bad performance given the crap they have to work with.
2. One of the road courses - the guy has owned them both in the past and it'd be pretty awesome to see him own them just one last time.
3. HMS is easy answer but nothing is constant in this sport so I suspect JGR will be nipping at their heels.

1-I would have to say Patrick. I dont like it, but I think it is likley true. I think at BARE MIN she needs a top 5
2 kentucky. hes gonna win
3 Neither. SHR

Yeah, I support my driver to the ends of the earth, but I am worried about things. Im a dedicated fan, but I know what pressure is too. I am also a worry wort, so who knows. lol :D

Yeah, I overestimated the Danica hatred.

She brings a SH*T pot full of money with her to the ride, plus it helps take care of the equality thing pretty well, along with what I have seen and heard a lot of Women really pull for her and watch because of her. I personally like her, she just is not a top caliber Cup driver.

She brings a SH*T pot full of money with her to the ride, plus it helps take care of the equality thing pretty well, along with what I have seen and heard a lot of Women really pull for her and watch because of her. I personally like her, she just is not a top caliber Cup driver.

We shall see. I really have have high hopes

In regards to question #3, HMS won 13 races last year and JGR won 2, that's an awfully big gap to close. While I think JGR will win more than 2 races this year and HMS will win less than 13, I think HMS still comes out ahead in the win column at the end of the year.

In regards to question #3, HMS won 13 races last year and JGR won 2, that's an awfully big gap to close. While I think JGR will win more than 2 races this year and HMS will win less than 13, I think HMS still comes out ahead in the win column at the end of the year.
Hell, Carl will win 13 by himself!

Why ??? The 24 car may be entered but that doesn't mean he will be racing for anything, other than his last time in a cup car.

I've been arguing with Gordon fans since the day they tried to take over nascar message boards with their "best ever" mantra.

but I would love to be in attendance for this race. easily one of the best ever. and nascar should forever be indebted for what he did for the growth of this sport.

and trust me, he may be racing for nothing, get trashed early in the race, but if he can make it out to take the checkered flag, everyone in that place will be standing and cheering for him. hell, I will be doing the same in my living room.

legends don't happen often. best to enjoy them when they do.
jmo

Question #2: If you could attend one race in Jeff Gordon’s final season, which race would it be?

Question #3: HMS or JGR..... Which one of these two teams will combine for the most race wins in 2015?

1. stenhouse
2. homestead
3. hms

1.Kurt Busch
2.Martinsville (fall)
3.HMS

Ricky Stenhouse ---------------------- time to go or get gone

Seen enough of Jeff

JGR

1. Danica because her renewal with SHR is coming up
2. A road course mostly because I've never been to a road course. I think Sonoma
3. I'll go with HMS but I don't think it's a given.

How do you know what money GoDaddy pays???????

Good point. We all like to say how much she brings in but none of us have ever seen the books. We can all only assume.
Many people said Napa paid a lot to MWR and then I read where they were only at 15 million for the whole season. Explains why they are
sponsoring Chase in Xfinity. It doesn't look like they will be a main sponsor in cup next year for the 24. HMS charges to much. LOL

How do you know what money GoDaddy pays???????

It does not take a brain surgeon to know that a Nascar race car fully wrapped in a sponsor brings in a SH*T POT full of money. In the same thought, she brought Go Daddy with her when she went to SHR. Does not matter how much at all, it is just stupidly obvious that you do not wrap a Nascar Race car with a sponsor for minimum wage.

Question #1: What driver is on the hot seat heading into 2015? I'll agree with the others that said Stehnhouse. I'm not sure who all is at the end of their contracts.

Question #2: If you could attend one race in Jeff Gordon’s final season, which race would it be? Martinsville. I'd attend it because it (or possibly Richmond) are the closest to me.

Question #3: HMS or JGR..... Which one of these two teams will combine for the most race wins in 2015? HMS. If I'm guessing, JGR still may have issues like they did last year. No reason to think HMS won't be at the top of its game.

It does not take a brain surgeon to know that a Nascar race car fully wrapped in a sponsor brings in a SH*T POT full of money. In the same thought, she brought Go Daddy with her when she went to SHR. Does not matter how much at all, it is just stupidly obvious that you do not wrap a Nascar Race car with a sponsor for minimum wage.
Actually some cars do get wrapped at minimum wage, just depends on what you call minimum wage.
Danica came to JMS in the Xf series with Go Daddy not to SHR. That came later.
Jed Burton just got a cup ride, now tell me how big that pi** pot is.

Actually some cars do get wrapped at minimum wage, just depends on what you call minimum wage.
Danica came to JMS in the Xf series with Go Daddy not to SHR. That came later.
Jed Burton just got a cup ride, now tell me how big that pi** pot is.

So you think Danica, came to SHR without GoDaddy? o_O

What has Jeb Burton got to do with Danica?

So you think Danica, came to SHR without GoDaddy? o_O Show me where I said that

What has Jeb Burton got to do with Danica?
Nothing

What has Danica have to do with car wraps?

You said:It does not take a brain surgeon to know that a Nascar race car fully wrapped in a sponsor brings in a SH*T POT full of money. In the same thought, she brought Go Daddy with her when she went to SHR. Does not matter how much at all, it is just stupidly obvious that you do not wrap a Nascar Race car with a sponsor for minimum wage.

I am saying Jeb Burton isn't going to have a sponsor with SH*T POT full of money.
How much is a SH*T POT full of money.?

Nothing

What has Danica have to do with car wraps?

You said:It does not take a brain surgeon to know that a Nascar race car fully wrapped in a sponsor brings in a SH*T POT full of money. In the same thought, she brought Go Daddy with her when she went to SHR. Does not matter how much at all, it is just stupidly obvious that you do not wrap a Nascar Race car with a sponsor for minimum wage.

I am saying Jeb Burton isn't going to have a sponsor with SH*T POT full of money.
How much is a SH*T POT full of money.?

You asked: What has Danica have to do with car wraps? Nothing, never said she did. What I said was it takes a SH*T POT full of money to WRAP a car in a sponsor.

10godaddy-truespeed.jpg

You said in your comment Quote: Danica came to JMS in the Xf series with Go Daddy not to SHR.
You asked: How much is a SH*T POT full of money.? This question answers itself.

Last edited:
Question #1: Will Jeff Gordon replace Dale Earnhardt Jr. as the most popular driver in 2015?

Question #2: Tomorrow night’s Sprint Unlimited is a 75 lap race that is split into two segments, broken up by a competition caution at lap 25. If you could tweek one thing about the Sprint Unlimited, what would that one thing be?

Question #3: Who's your pick to win the Sprint Unlimited this year?

While I'm a diehard Jr. fan I'd like to see Jeff get it. Will he? I doubt it. Jr Nation is pretty strong. I will probably have to break ranks and cast a vote his way.

No competition caution. Let the race unfold on its own. It's a plate race that will naturally sport a close field from first to last place. No need to bunch them up.

I have to go with Jeff Gordon. He's gotta be pumped for this season.

Question #1: Will Jeff Gordon replace Dale Earnhardt Jr. as the most popular driver in 2015?

Question #2: Tomorrow night’s Sprint Unlimited is a 75 lap race that is split into two segments, broken up by a competition caution at lap 25. If you could tweek one thing about the Sprint Unlimited, what would that one thing be?

#1 - If I had to bet, I would say no.

#2 - Make the one eligibility requirement solely pole winners from the prior year again.

#3 - Wild card, I'll say Casey Mears.

1) Most likely
2) Reverse the field at the halfway point.
3) I honestly have no idea. LOL

Back
Top Bottom