Fired Up Friday Question(s)

Question #1: Do you think Keselowski or Kevin Harvick can bounce back from their Martinsville problems and qualify for Homestead?
They both could make this happen.

Question #2: ‪‎NASCAR tracks offer unique trophy’s to their winners throughout all three of the touring series. What trophy (past or present) is your favorite?
Darlington
Why?

Just a cool trophy steeped in History
Darlington Trophy.jpg

Question #3: Ricky Stenhouse Driver should go as a Housemaid in black skirt and high heels for Halloween this weekend in Texas?

Question #1: What do you expect from Sunday's race at Phoenix Raceway?

Question #2: Who are your Championship Four after Phoenix?

Question #3: Which current driver in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver is the most respected?

I don't expect to see the retaliation that many are predicting. I do expect to be sitting on the edge of my seat most of the day watching who is in or out of the final 4 @ Homestead.

Keselowski
Logano
Harvick
Kenseth

Jeff Gordon being NASCAR's elder sans Keselowski.

1. A good race, but no payback

2. Gonna go with JGR past, present, and future: Logano, Kenseth, Hamlin, and Edwards

3. That's a tough one, maybe Junior?

1. I expect rough and tumble racing, but no deliberate payback .
2. Tough question --- Kenseth, Logano, ?, ? Gotta pass on the other 2. No idea
3. If I can only have 1 --- Jeff

1. Good racing with maybe a few ruffled feathers.
2. Hopefully Kez, Logano, and a couple other guys.
3. Tie between Kensith and Gordon.

1. 312 plus laps, at least 170 of them green, with a GWC. The GWC will prevent Gordon from advancing.
Brad will have a bad day, but I don't think any shenanigans will be a factor. It is just a whim, he will paranoid himself to death during the race.
He will hear voices in his head all day, especially the late Jim Morrisons voice. He won't admit to hearing Morrison chanting to him
"even with a hole your so full of sheet"
repeatedly in a perfect 14th century cherokee dialects, after he backs it into the wall but after it happens you will remember this here prophecy.

2. Logano, Newman, Kenseth, Harvick

3. Danica.

1 - I don't expect anyone doing any payback. But if the two guys on the bubble are racing near each other at the end of the race there will probably be an incident.

2 - Logano, Kenseth, Gordon, Harvick

3 - Gordon and Kenseth

1 no paybacks
2 brad, jeff, harvick, matt

1. A quick race, whoever has the setup will get a big jump
2. 2, 22, 4, 99
3. Kezelowski they all want him out of it like a red spot at a hen pecking party.

1)To not hear much about any of the other 35 drivers and teams.

2) Harvick, Logano, Hamlin, Gordon

3) I gotta say Gordon still, even though he's been somewhat "controversial" in recent years..

Question #3: Which current driver in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver is the most respected?
1 - Not really sure what to expect Sunday... a lot of point counting and the announcers going off every time certain drivers are around each other... and hopefully 11th or better for Joey lol

2 - Joey, Harvick, Denny, Newman
(2 of which will race for a championship :D )

3 - Depends if you're talking about by the drivers or the fans... by the drivers I'm thinking probably Jimmie. By the fans... uhhh... Josh Wise? :p

No but probly Jr for the fans... if ur going by a head count.

#1: What do you expect from Sunday's race at Phoenix Raceway?
Matt wins

#2: Who are your Championship Four after Phoenix?

1. Matt
2. Don't care
3. Don't care
4. Don't care

#3: Which current driver in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver is the most respected?
It's a toss up, Matt or JJ

Nothing but good, hard racing

Logano, Hamlin, Gordon, Keselowski

Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

1) i feel a dull one
2) Logano...Hamlin...Kenseth...Newman
3) Gordon...ya elders

1. Lots of hard racing. Eight drivers fighting for four spots.

2. Kenseth, Newman, Lagano, Gordon.

3. Gordon, on the respect end and D Jr on popularity end.

1. Harvick and Kenseth will dominate the race but the real battle will be from about 6th on back to around 12th.

2. Newman, Hamlin, Edwards and Kenseth...book it.

3. Earnhardt Jr.

Question #1: What was the best race of 2014?

Question #2 Was the Chase a success or not? Why?

Question #3: Who had the most disappointing season in 2014?

My personal favorite was fall Martinsville. I watched my driver start from the mid pack and work his way up through the field for a victory that obviously meant a lot to him and his fans.

I think it was a success but not with the members of this board apparently. IMO it produced some of the best racing that we saw all year long. The manufactured excitement of a post season was at an all time high. It brought out emotions of the drivers and the fans alike and will continue to keep people talking throughout the off season.

The most disappointing for me was Tony Stewart's season for obvious reasons. It really sucks that he couldn't keep his wining streak going. I look forward to seeing him back up front next season.

1. Watkins Glen

2. From a racing standpoint, yes. From a business standpoint, no. I don't think you can call it a success when 28 of the 36 races had viewers hip declines this year.

3. Tony Stewart

1: Brickyard
2: Sort of. Exciting racing but too gimmicky and it was not win and you're in like they keep saying. The sudden death aspect needs to go.
3: Jimmie Johnson. His fans are still scratching their heads wondering what happened. I wasn't expecting much from Tony this year because of his leg and then the accident happened. We'll see how it goes next year.

My favorite was Bristol... but I think the best was probably the Glen or Chicago

Yes... the best car all year still won the championship.... it was exciting as hell... and the conspiracy theorists have nothing to go on and on about all off season.

Probably Tony Stewart.. broke his streak of consecutive years with a win. It was full of drama and tragedy, not to mention rehabilitation... Which makes it understandable but I still think he's probably very disappointed.

I know for damn sure who had the most disappointing finale :confused:

the glen
yes chase produced excitement
Stewart

Watkins Glenn
chase was ignorant, manufactured excitement that gave us the wrong champion
too many drivers had bad season

HEY, what time and channel is practice and qualifying on? Oh damn,,nevermind..:(

Unfortunately I have a toilet brain and pretty well flush them from one race to the other. I remember some of the better moment from different races but not much. So I guess I had the most fun watching Kyle Larson several times running with the big dogs and pulling the Cole Trickle move on the outside several times.

By all accounts I have seen, a success per what the media has and is continuing to say. However there are a lot of folks on this site and around and about that think it stinks. Me personally, I have come to the conclusion that I really don't give a **** one way or the other, as long as they fill a full field and race hard.

Has to be Tony Stuart, in more than one way.

Question #1: Which Kyle wins more Cup wins in 2015 Kyle Busch or Kyle Larson?

Question #2: What driver has the most to prove in 2015?

Question #3: If you could go to one, and only one, NASCAR race this year, which one would it be?

I'll go Busch. Larson is part of the future but I think Busch will have a great year in 2015.

Danica. Two full years now. Time to be better than mediocre.

My choice would be Martinsville. I leave that race track every fall happy to have seen the racing there.

Back
Top Bottom