I am Dale Earnhardt documentary

Bump as a reminder for those that are interested.

B_FsdooXEAEWcW6.jpg:large

Is this just another fluff piece or is it going to get into the down and dirty laundry???????????

Down and dirty laundry?

Yeah. I'm not interested in all the fluff stay between the lines type of things. He did some amazing stuff behind the scenes that has squeaked out but I'm more interested in the man not the race car driver, that is already well documented.

I can still make a point.

Maybe the reason NASCAR's declining is because the sport's biggest (and only, apparently) current superstar has been dead for 14 years.

Some of us are hanging around waiting for another one, I know I am

The executive producer's name is Tally Hair. LOL what kind of name is that?

I never knew Earnhardt received death threats.

There was a pool of fans of other drivers that boo ed like the dickens when he did anything good. I always groaned inwardly but man that guy could wheel.

I hope they are making them in another 14 years

Why? I mean seriously, why? After 5 movies about the man, what more can honestly be said about him?

Some of us are hanging around waiting for another one, I know I am

and that's the problem. Everyone is waiting for the next Earnhardt Sr., and I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen. It's been 14 years, pretty sure Earnhardt Sr. is nothing but a skeleton at this point. It's time to put the Earnhardt Sr. era behind us and appreciate the current talents we have on the track.

Remember those "young fans" you said NASCAR should try to bring in. They need to know about Earnhardt.

Yea....no, those younger fans, honestly couldn't give a rats ass about a driver who raced before they became interested in the sport.

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but I think the constant obsessing over Earnhardt Sr. is not helping the sport move forward. Everyone is so busy worshiping at the altar of the #3 that he might as well be the saint of NASCAR at this point.

Why? I mean seriously, why? After 5 movies about the man, what more can honestly be said about him?

and that's the problem. Everyone is waiting for the next Earnhardt Sr., and I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen. It's been 14 years, pretty sure Earnhardt Sr. is nothing but a skeleton at this point. It's time to put the Earnhardt Sr. era behind us and appreciate the current talents we have on the track.

Yea....no, those younger fans, honestly couldn't give a rats ass about a driver who raced before they became interested in the sport.

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but I think the constant obsessing over Earnhardt Sr. is not helping the sport move forward. Everyone is so busy worshiping at the altar of the #3 that he might as well be the saint of NASCAR at this point.
so 20 years from now should the NFL just forget about Tom Brady? There is nothing wrong with remembering the greats. Without Earnhardt NASCAR wouldn't be half as big as it is.

so 20 years from now should the NFL just forget about Tom Brady? There is nothing wrong with remembering the greats. Without Earnhardt NASCAR wouldn't be half as big as it is.

NFL has many great Quarterbacks, but see, you don't see NFL fans going "Without so and so Quarterback, the NFL wouldn't be where it is today!", and that's kind of the problem. Earnhardt is no longer simply one of the best drivers in the sport, he's now some great Titan (Greek Mythology, look it up) that single handily shaped NASCAR.

The NFL would not be the same without the greats..

Well, it's true...... I wasn't even a fan but one has to be pretty dumb about the sport to think Earnhardt wasn't the real King of NASCAR.

I'm more willing to give Bill France Sr. and Jr. more credit in how NASCAR has shaped through it's history.

Remember those "young fans" you said NASCAR should try to bring in. They need to know about Earnhardt.

This I dont really agree with.

It doesn't hurt knowing the sport history and where each driver fit in but if I'm new to a sport I dont need to look deep to get into it.

These documentaries dont bother me, I like watching them but you dont need to watch it to have an A-HA moment.

Why do these things worry you so ?

Because I don't think it's healthy to obsess over the dead.

I don't mind the documentaries. I think they are kinda cool especially since I was still holding my moms hand crossing a street and wearing hair barrettes when he died.

However, I highly doubt that if Sr had died in his sleep from a heart attack or from other tragic causes we'd be having these many docs.

People love to relieve tragedy. It's human nature for some reason. Like a car wreck. People will go on and on about the morbidity of it, but still read all the books, watch all the movies, and buy all the paraphernalia.

Take JFK movies and documentaries for example. How many times have people made him/his family movie and documentary material since 1963? Princess Diana is another example?

More pity for you than hate.

Sorry for anybody that never got to see Dale in his prime.

He wasnt just rough. He was brilliant. And probably the most fierce competitor I ever saw.

It was fun listening to Dale on the radio too. He was always in command, nobody told him what to do.
A man among boys.

Because I don't think it's healthy to obsess over the dead.
I don't obsess over the dead --- I prefer to remember his life. And that's what I think this show was about.
There are those who didn't know Big E, and they need to know that he existed and what he meant to a whole lot of people.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. ‏@DaleJr 15m15 minutes ago
Damnit Rusty Wallace! Why in the hell didn't you push me past daddy @MISpeedway in that IROC race?!? I will never forgive you. We had him!

Dale Earnhardt Jr. ‏@DaleJr 1h1 hour ago
@MattDearwent: So that's where Stevie's verse come from?!? @DaleJr” She gave dad one at every single event. And every event I've ran!

nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm 2h2 hours ago
Drivers all "Oooo look at me I can adjust my own track bar" just watched Dale clean his own windshield while his car was moving. #iamdale

Awesome doc. There could be an Earnhardt documentary every 3 years for all I care. This coming from someone who really didn't care for his tactics.

Don't understand why some people would be against any well done, primetime shown NASCAR documentary. Dafuq is wrong with you?

Awesome doc. There could be an Earnhardt documentary every 3 years for all I care. This coming from someone who really didn't care for his tactics.

Don't understand why some people would be against any well done, primetime shown NASCAR documentary. Dafuq is wrong with you?
The same guy that bitches about not having enough publicity on the racing world but condemns a doc on arguably the greatest the sport has ever seen. Thats rich.

The more nascar the better I say.

Back
Top Bottom