is there a HMS cup driver with a sick stomach after tonight????

hidesert cowboy

Team Owner
I just watched something I have never seen before a kid drive around veterans at what every driver says is the hardest track they race on. Chase is great on restarts he is just flat out awesome every where. stunned is the word. My question is what in the world is going to happen with this kid. There is no way they can keep him in that 9 car very long. HMS already has a full house of drivers. I think the plan was to groom chase along for a couple years in the NW series and then look at him and other drivers on who was going to take over the 24 car. Does Rick let this kid go to another team or does he boot another driver somehow?? I know chase had a great car but I have never seen that from anyone else short of the very best in the cup series.

If they feel he is ready in 2015, they elevate JR Motorsports to the Cup series with Chase driving. Technically not a 5th HMS car, but yeah, it'll be the 5th HMS car.

Or, they give Kahne the boot. Gordon will hang it up on his own terms.

I'm hoping they keep Chase in the N'wide series next year. The kid is good, yes. He has loads of talent, yes.
But he needs seasoning and being put into difficult situations during races. Give him experience. Maybe a select
few Cup races next year ----- but bring him along slowly, letting him develop.

We've all seen "whiz kids" brought up too soon, and disappear just as fast.

I'm hoping they keep Chase in the N'wide series next year. The kid is good, yes. He has loads of talent, yes.
But he needs seasoning and being put into difficult situations during races. Give him experience. Maybe a select
few Cup races next year ----- but bring him along slowly, letting him develop.

We've all seen "whiz kids" brought up too soon, and disappear just as fast.
when you tame the lady in black on the first date and you send kyle busch to his hauler in tears to pout, after driving around kenseth and harvick. Lets just say yeah leave him in NW another year but the plans better be in place for a cup car.

The regular HMS drivers are going no where until they decide to leave. Chase needs more seat time. No way Rick Hendrick is going to let this kid get away from him though. You gotta remember Chase has not ever rode around most of the tracks that they race on. I dont know if they can do it now but Hendrick and some of the other teams used to field a R& D car and put somebody in it for one race or maybe two. Chase is not ready for cup but I honestly think he could finish 20th right now.

Would like to see Chase do the same thing Kez did. Run a limited cup schedule in the "5th" Hendrick car. Him & Larson are bringing unparalleled attention to the nationwide series and I'd like to see them beating the cup vets for as long as possible :D Let 2015 or 2016 come & see what seats open up at HMS.

He had the best car by far tonight, so it's not exactly a miracle. The miracle is Nationwide regulars finishing 1-2. I have to give him credit, going from fifth to first in two laps. It was as if everyone got out of his way. Some days everything goes right.

I am all for any nationwide regular beating up on the cuppers. :)

Most importantly in the whole situation, you gotta think NAPA is extremely happy with themselves right now.

Looks like they got their new man for maybe 10+ years.

He had the best car by far tonight, so it's not exactly a miracle. The miracle is Nationwide regulars finishing 1-2. I have to give him credit, going from fifth to first in two laps. It was as if everyone got out of his way. Some days everything goes right.

Actually, he overcame two bad pit stops in a row (losing what, 4? 5? positions in each) and still managed to win. That doesn't happen by accident.

Actually, he overcame two bad pit stops in a row (losing what, 4? 5? positions in each) and still managed to win. That doesn't happen by accident.

He owned that ****.

As far as HMS sick stomachs... I feel like they should allow up to 5 teams... I know we all felt like Roush and HMS were getting out of hand a few years ago, myself included... but there is so much talent!!!! Reform is in order.

These guys are surely bringing in eyeballs and new fans right? Well, hopefully. By these guys I mean Larson and Elliott.

They are both amazing and I for one am loving it.

Hendrick's put a lot into Chase already, so I don't see him wasting an opportunity to get him into Cup. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hendrick try to push Kasey Kahne out early.

I'd push kahne out too. He ain't never gonna set the world afire and win it all. I feel like Chase could though.

Did that really happen? I missed it on the post race show. I'd love if it did happen though! Shades of his days in the 5 at HMS.
I didn't see it and i watched the whole thing. Last week he was one of the first to congratulate Chase.

He owned that ****.

As far as HMS sick stomachs... I feel like they should allow up to 5 teams... I know we all felt like Roush and HMS were getting out of hand a few years ago, myself included... but there is so much talent!!!! Reform is in order.

mmmmm yeah , change the rules for Hendrick . That'll work. :)

He owned that ****.

The 4 team per organization is in no way keeping Chase Elliot out of cup.

Chase has 7 Nationwide starts to his name. Why not let the guy start Nationwide for a couple years before moving him up so quick?

Lol, yeah great car, but you can see the talent. Kid just has it.

I'll lose a lot of respect for Hendrick if he kicks Kahne out. I see Elliott taking over the 24 in a couple years.

Leave Chase alone. He has won two NNS races. Vickers had two Championships early, and is still struggling to become a member of the elite. The media (social media) has created a fan base that builds these kids up to whatever they want them to be, and then drops them like a hot rock when they fail. There is a huge jump between NNS and Cup.

I like the fact that Elliott brings some excitement to the NWS races. Leave him there for a while as it's good for him and the series.

mmmmm yeah , change the rules for Hendrick . That'll work. :)
The 4 team per organization is in no way keeping Chase Elliot out of cup.

What I'm saying is if they allow 5 cars.. There might be two or three really good extra seats, there is more talent then the sport knows what to do with and they can use accommodation..

It's not about a rule change to benifit Hendrick. Typical blue oval fan skewing things to make Rick Hendrick the big bad wolf. lol just playing.

Did you notice how he shoved the 54 to make room for his pass on Larson? That was a veteran move many veterans don't execute.

I think Kasey will soon find out that Ricks loyalty has it's limits.

Back
Top Bottom