Joey Logano

It is a good idea to remember that despite all the hype about winning, it is more of a cure all, last chance, come from behind drama tool. the odds of the cup winner favor good finishes, with the wild card being a driver that wins, like hitting the jackpot for that round. You can't get rid of points racers, no matter how you stack the deck.

It is a good idea to remember that despite all the hype about winning, it is more of a cure all, last chance, come from behind drama tool. the odds of the cup winner favor good finishes, with the wild card being a driver that wins, like hitting the jackpot for that round. You can't get rid of points racers, no matter how you stack the deck.
At least its only the last 10.
I cant say I'm against the new format.
I know you are a big fan of championships but I don't hold them in such high regard.
Too many variables hat often come down to luck

Joey has as much a chance of anyone winning the championship.
He is very much a contender and at least even with Brad. The move to Penske did wonders for Joey.

I'm really starting to like the kid.

That is not true, nothing in the rules say that any of them have to win a race to advance.

No ****, but my point was that there will be 4 of 5 other drivers pushing the f#cking limits and he better as well. When it comes down to it you better have dominant cars, because hms is going to blow them all away.

No ****, but my point was that there will be 4 of 5 other drivers pushing the f#cking limits and he better as well. When it comes down to it you better have dominant cars, because hms is going to blow them all away.

Don't know about that......

From penske I think Wolf and Keselowski have been the most creative & aggressive when it comes to pit road strategies. That will either make em or break em.

From penske I think Wolf and Keselowski have been the most creative & aggressive when it comes to pit road strategies. That will either make em or break em.
Maybe more aggressive.. But for the past 4 weeks I've seen Todd Gordon make some different calls that have worked out every time

So you guys are saying Joey can win this without being on top of his game? He can make a mistake here and there and still win? OK..
Well... I do actually specifically remember hearing Joey and his CC talk about just that earlier this season... Last year they blew up at Chicagoland and blew there's chances from there pretty much.... But this year.. Someone can blow up in the first two races of any segment and if they win the third one... I think u get where Im going.... Not that I don't think they're at the top of their game.. He's run in the middle of Hendrick engines all year.. I mean he did beat 3/4 of them just last week.

Well... I do actually specifically remember hearing Joey and his CC talk about just that earlier this season... Last year they blew up at Chicagoland and blew there's chances from there pretty much.... But this year.. Someone can blow up in the first two races of any segment and if they win the third one... I think u get where Im going.... Not that I don't think they're at the top of their game.. He's run in the middle of Hendrick engines all year.. I mean he did beat 3/4 of them just last week.

Hhmmm..... Kind of like what I said earlier ain't it.

You're gonna have to be a bit more specific lol... The HMS thing?

Unless Joey wins a race in the Chase he will not be in the final four. All this talk about Joey sending a message this past weekend is bull****. Has he had good runs? Yes, but he hasn't been dominate lately. He will have to have it turned on every race to make the final four. At this rate it will be 3 HMS and Brad. Yes, I left a spot for Johnson, because lets face it we haven't seen the last of him yet.

If Joey doesn't win, then he better hope to have the best runs ever without a win to move forward. Same goes for everyone else. Nobody will be backing into this championship.

If Joey doesn't win, then he better hope to have the best runs ever without a win to move forward. Same goes for everyone else. Nobody will be backing into this championship.
Agreed.. Time will tell ..but I believe (and Im not the only one) that he has what it takes... Even if it doesn't happen to be this year Im convinced he's got a championship in him.. Maybe more than one. HMS is tough to beat right now... But that would just make it all that much sweeter

Bull crap. Got one in the chase that has backed into it with a rain win, another one is a road race expert, without a road race in the chase, and probably one or two that haven't won a race all season and with the right combo's can win the whole thing without a win, never say never IMO.

Bull crap. Got one in the chase that has backed into it with a rain win, another one is a road race expert, without a road race in the chase, and probably one or two that haven't won a race all season and with the right combo's can win the whole thing without a win, never say never IMO.

Getting into the chase is not winning the championship. Jesus f#cking christ.

I think the cream will rise to the top once the Chase starts. Getting into the Chase isn't as hard of a proposition as it used to be, with win-and-you're-in and a 16 driver field. IMO, 16 is way too many. We have 4 drivers in the 20's in points right now who are in the Chase, which is kind of silly. However, I think all of them will fall out of the Chase relatively quickly. One may sneak into the second round, but that's about it.

I think the cream will rise to the top once the Chase starts. Getting into the Chase isn't as hard of a proposition as it used to be, with win-and-you're-in and a 16 driver field. IMO, 16 is way too many. We have 4 drivers in the 20's in points right now who are in the Chase, which is kind of silly. However, I think all of them will fall out of the Chase relatively quickly. One may sneak into the second round, but that's about it.

Yes exactly this. All I am saying when it comes down to crunch time you better be flawless. Not sure Joey's, or Harvick's teams can be that right now.

Yes exactly this. All I am saying when it comes down to crunch time you better be flawless. Not sure Joey's, or Harvick's teams can be that right now.
I said yesterday that right now they both seem like they're more likely to finish around 5th or 6th.. But you never know.. They're not far off... Joey just needs his car to finish the race and Harvick just needs a new pit crew and they could both be contenders easily.

that is the conservative, outlook and probably odds on will happen, but it ain't black n white, which is what I was alluding to. Stewart proved that not too long ago.

With two races left before the chase, Logano arguably has more momentum than any other driver. In fact his Bristol checkered flag placed an exclamation point on a torrid five-week stretch marked by four top fives and a sixth-place finish. Statistically, he ranks among the best drivers in the sport, leading the series in average running position (9.460) and boasting its second-best driver rating (106.4).

“I do feel like Atlanta is a good race track for us, a place we were very, very fast, probably the best race car I ever had was last year in Atlanta, so I’m very, very excited about going back over there,” Logano said.

http://autoracingdaily.com/logano-fires-championship-warning-shot/

he might have momentum..wish you could cash that in, but Atlanta isn't one of his better tracks, but knowing him, he knows that is what you need to work harder on.

Driver wins before age 25: 67 of 2,412 NASCAR Sprint Cup races for which the winner's age is known have been won by drivers under 25:
1. Kyle Busch, 17 [turned 25 the day after his 17th win on May 2, 2010]
2. Jeff Gordon, 15
3. Kurt Busch, 7
(tie) Richard Petty, 7
5. Joey Logano, 6 (at 19, 22, 23, 24 years of age)
6. Junior Johnson, 5

Driver wins before age 25: 67 of 2,412 NASCAR Sprint Cup races for which the winner's age is known have been won by drivers under 25:
2. Jeff Gordon, 15
3. Kurt Busch, 7
(tie) Richard Petty, 7
6. Junior Johnson, 5
Is this supposed to be a bad thing? :XXROFL:

...One more win he's tied with Richard Petty.. sorry if that doesn't come off as negative to me. Nice try.

he might have momentum..wish you could cash that in, but Atlanta isn't one of his better tracks, but knowing him, he knows that is what you need to work harder on.
Yeah.. he's only had one finish better than 18th... although that was his only start there for Team Penske... I'm not worried about him running poorly.. the only thing I think will keep him from a top 5 is a wreck or parts failure... but what else is new? lol Its been that way all season

With 3 wins this season, Joey Logano, 24, looks to continue career revival with Team Penske

Joey Logano hopes he’s seen the worst of his NASCAR career.

Right now, he’s enjoying the best.

The even better news? He’s only 24 years old.

Rushed into a full-time Sprint Cup Series ride with Joe Gibbs Racing at age 18, Logano saw limited success and his career nearly flamed out with barely an opportunity to take off.

A second chance with Team Penske has turned into more of a second coming as Logano is one of five drivers this season with three victories with just two races remaining before the championship Chase begins.

full article here

It sure helped when he got out of that quicksand pit filled with ego's, and started racing for Penske. More like a chance instead of a second one. A new team sure surprised me about him. I didn't think he was that good.

With 3 wins this season, Joey Logano, 24, looks to continue career revival with Team Penske

Joey Logano hopes he’s seen the worst of his NASCAR career.

Right now, he’s enjoying the best.

The even better news? He’s only 24 years old.

Rushed into a full-time Sprint Cup Series ride with Joe Gibbs Racing at age 18, Logano saw limited success and his career nearly flamed out with barely an opportunity to take off.

A second chance with Team Penske has turned into more of a second coming as Logano is one of five drivers this season with three victories with just two races remaining before the championship Chase begins.

full article here
What did Slice give you to post that, Hmmm? :rolleyes:

2. Jeff Gordon, 15
3. Kurt Busch, 7
(tie) Richard Petty, 7
6. Junior Johnson, 5

Jeff still could break that record. If he cared.

:pbjtime:

:sarcasm: For those about to tell me I'm stupid.

What did Slice give you to post that, Hmmm? :rolleyes:
I guess it could look that way but no, I just saw a decent article that I thought Joey fans would enjoy. Not a Joey fan myself. Kinda indifferent to him. I don't mind seeing him have success but it will be unbearable around here should he take home the season's hardware. I may have to finally break down and use my ignore button come late November. ;)

I guess it could look that way but no, I just saw a decent article that I thought Joey fans would enjoy. Not a Joey fan myself. Kinda indifferent to him. I don't mind seeing him have success but it will be unbearable around here should he take home the season's hardware. I may have to finally break down and use my ignore button come late November. ;)
Yep. :D

I already have my "I told you so" thread drafted :p ..

Nah it wont be too bad... I believe most already realize I may have been onto something this whole time ;)

I can tell u one thing... I'm proud of my driver. Im glad he was given a second chance because he clearly has the talent and it would have sucked to see it go to waste.

Back
Top Bottom