Joey Logano

I've been saying Joey in the Final Four for quite some time now. No question.

Idk I could see kyle busch sneaking in there, my final four would be Jimmie, Jeff, brad, and either harvick/jr/ busch, pretty much a crapshoot IMO

I'm sure Gilliland is ready to help Joey out if need be. Are we allowed to talk about that?

Why do NASCAR drivers get to bump on go karts :/

Why do NASCAR drivers get to bump on go karts :/

they are professionals. I love bumping on go karts, but it can get you thrown off if there is a captain no fun operating the ride.

Edit-wow. GREAT video. Dont think i have ever been on go karts that fast

Last edited:
they are professionals. I love bumping on go karts, but it can get you thrown off if there is a captain no fun operating the ride.

Edit-wow. GREAT video. Dont think i have ever been on go karts that fast
Oh I know, I got thrown out once cause of the other morons who were hitting each other and they kicked everyone out.

""I won every single restart," Logano said. "I was on the front row except the last one, so here I am. It's kind of frustrating."

The succession of late-race restarts that preceded the final go sparked some tension between Logano and Gordon, with each driver filing complaints with their crews about the gamesmanship involved. Logano asked his crew to mention the issue to NASCAR, but said afterward that he'd like either a reminder or clarification about restart procedures.

"I mean, the rule is you're not supposed to lay back. They tell us in the driver's meeting every week and he's two car-lengths behind me and then they get mad at me for brake-checking," Logano said with a laugh. "Well, of course I'm going to slow down because I don't want him to be two car-lengths behind me and get a huge run. I'm going to talk to NASCAR and figure out what the actual rule is, what we're supposed to do because I think we're both confused. I feel like he knows why I slowed down, but just got to figure out what the rules are."

Where's Spencer with the crying towel when you need him?

I figure the leader controls the restarts and can play whatever games they want/need to. I sure didn't have any problems with Loganos restarts and Gordon is my driver. I'm sure I'd have been pissed getting beat every single time but hey, that's the way it goes.

""I won every single restart," Logano said. "I was on the front row except the last one, so here I am. It's kind of frustrating."

The succession of late-race restarts that preceded the final go sparked some tension between Logano and Gordon, with each driver filing complaints with their crews about the gamesmanship involved. Logano asked his crew to mention the issue to NASCAR, but said afterward that he'd like either a reminder or clarification about restart procedures.

"I mean, the rule is you're not supposed to lay back. They tell us in the driver's meeting every week and he's two car-lengths behind me and then they get mad at me for brake-checking," Logano said with a laugh. "Well, of course I'm going to slow down because I don't want him to be two car-lengths behind me and get a huge run. I'm going to talk to NASCAR and figure out what the actual rule is, what we're supposed to do because I think we're both confused. I feel like he knows why I slowed down, but just got to figure out what the rules are."

Where's Spencer with the crying towel when you need him?
Ur right... Even winning Gordon had to cry about Joeys Restarts... Poor guy lol

Bvai1VeCUAADjhU.jpg:large

Nope, jolo was break checking every restart, everybody was pissed and bitching about it, so he got taught a lesson on restarts. Plain and simple.

:rolleyes: The leader of the race does it every week, aj Allmendinger was doing the exact same thing at the glen last week and nobody cared. It was only a big deal this week because golden boy jeff gordon was complaining about it. And he's the better driver and had the better car I would certainly hope he could take the lead after getting 3 chances at it.

:rolleyes: The leader of the race does it every week, aj Allmendinger was doing the exact same thing at the glen last week and nobody cared. It was only a big deal this week because golden boy jeff gordon was complaining about it. And he's the better driver and had the better car I would certainly hope he could take the lead after getting 3 chances at it.
And where was your driver again? I forget.

I don't get all this driver wank, Joey had the best car at the first of the race, and Gordon's car got better. A lot of times the best car doesn't win, but Gordon and crew didn't screw up, they had good pit strategy, Gordon stayed out of trouble and they won. Both of them are in the chase, and those races are pretty much all that matters unless you haven't already made the chase.

That had nothing to even do with me... lol just so random I had to say something... apparently bc his driver didnt do good he cant have an opinion of the race :rolleyes:
Ok, I get it. You felt left out of the conversation because It's the jolo thread so you trolled me. That's ok I understand. And by the way I think the poster I was talking to is able to answer for himself just fine.

Unless Joey wins a race in the Chase he will not be in the final four. All this talk about Joey sending a message this past weekend is bull****. Has he had good runs? Yes, but he hasn't been dominate lately. He will have to have it turned on every race to make the final four. At this rate it will be 3 HMS and Brad. Yes, I left a spot for Johnson, because lets face it we haven't seen the last of him yet.

Unless Joey wins a race in the Chase he will not be in the final four. All this talk about Joey sending a message this past weekend is bull****. Has he had good runs? Yes, but he hasn't been dominate lately. He will have to have it turned on every race to make the final four. At this rate it will be 3 HMS and Brad. Yes, I left a spot for Johnson, because lets face it we haven't seen the last of him yet.
I duno... I mean Brad hasnt exactly been setting the world on fire lately... If I had to pick between the two right now... even if I wasn't a Joey fan I'd say he has a better shot at it.... he's run top 10 every race except maybe 1 this entire season... barring parts failure and wrecks he's a top 5 car every single week.,....but really... what about Harvick? I think he has a better shot than Brad... or even Jimmie the way it looks right now (if Jimmie didnt have that "chase time performance" switch)

I duno... I mean Brad hasnt exactly been setting the world on fire lately... If I had to pick between the two right now... even if I wasn't a Joey fan I'd say he has a better shot at it.... but really... what about Harvick?

Harvick and Joey are in the same league right now I think. Fast cars with great early success. I havent paid enough to Joey to figure it out, but with Harv I dont think hi and his team will get past their own mistakes.

Harvick and Joey are in the same league right now I think. Fast cars with great early success. I havent paid enough to Joey to figure it out, but with Harv I dont think hi and his team will get past their own mistakes.
The only thing I think can stand in front of Joey right now (other than HMS) is his team, he's run fantastically all year other than parts failure or wrecks... IMHO I think he'll finish 5th or 6th in the standings this year... but I dont count out the possibility of him taking it all.

The only thing I think can stand in front of Joey right now (other than HMS) is his team, he's run fantastically all year other than parts failure or wrecks... IMHO I think he'll finish 5th or 6th in the standings this year... but I dont count out the possibility of him taking it all.

Yep that is how I feel about Harvick.

Yep that is how I feel about Harvick.
The way I see it, anyone other than the 3 HMS cars is going to have to do some fancy wheel work to make it to the final 4... but nothing is guaranteed... for all we know it could be Harvick, Biffle, Menard, and Bowyer lol..... no matter how it ends up imo whoever makes it to the final 4 is worthy of a cup. Im just here to enjoy the ride and hope my driver can pull it off... he's got the talent and the team to do it... just needs the dominoes to fall the right way and you're lookin at the first Ford champ since 04... but like I said, I really think he'll be around 5th or 6th... with hope that he'll do better. I think thats completely reasonable... theres no denying he is among the best in the sport right now. I mean all you have to do is look at the standings... I do however think theres a good chance of him grabbing another win before the chase. Just not sure how he and his team will hold up under the pressure after that. Last season he blew up at Chicago and ruined his shot but other than that he was one of the strongest through the whole chase... always has been really... chase time is when Joey has always done his best... only now he's in the chase lol I'll just cross my fingers and enjoy the ride.... its gonna be a good one

That is not true, nothing in the rules say that any of them have to win a race to advance.

what if? Kenseth can make it without a win and snatch the cup. It wouldn't get any better than that, the guy that was the reason for this whole chase thing being started, winning the cup without a win.
I think Kenseth won once early in the year he won the cup. Then just top 5'd everyone to death.

I think Kenseth won once early in the year he won the cup. Then just top 5'd everyone to death.
yeah Newman won 8 times and Penske pitched a fit. Kenseth top 10ed them to death with only one win, out pointed them and clinched the cup. So... as the worm/cup turns, some of us who are a bit twisted, have our antennas up as it gets closer to the cut off.

Back
Top Bottom