Joey Logano

I believe that Kyle was better than Joey on Saturday night. Having said that, I was struck by the fact that Joey is now a guy you have to think about beating in order to win a race, or even the Championship. Sliced has every reason to be proud, and I respect the passion. I really, really, really like who Joey has become. No, I don't wish he was still at JGR because I think he needed a move--particularly to Penske to make this happen. The dude looks happy, and has swagger. He has survived, and you have to respect that.

Kyle was in the top ten for most of the race usually around 8th place. The rest of the Toyota's were in the top 20 and not much of a factor until Kenseth recovered from his flat. About the time he got better (last couple pits/strategy) Joey had engine problems. Penske was one two and dominated the race. Even getting caught out on a late caution, the Penske's were running up thru the field. Kez went to the front and Joey was right behind him in third until his engine went away. Kez and Joey were the class of the field at Kentucky. Joey's finish didn't show how well he ran. Only three cars led laps. Kez 199, Joey 37, and Kyle last with 31. Most of Kyle's laps were a result of good racing luck when the caution flew. So pull off your rose colored yoda glasses and try your best to take an honest look at that particular race. :):)

I agree. Bottom line is where you finish, good luck or bad.
You can dominate all 249 laps at Homestead & blow an engine on lap 250 to lose the race - and the championship. Finishing order is errythang

I believe that Kyle was better than Joey on Saturday night. Having said that, I was struck by the fact that Joey is now a guy you have to think about beating in order to win a race, or even the Championship.
i'm just the opposite of this. i think Joey was the better of the two, but i am Penske bias, but my tv must be too. i also think if Kyle is among the top 4 going into the last race, he will be hard to beat for the championship, really, really hard.

i'm just the opposite of this. i think Joey was the better of the two, but i am Penske bias, but my tv must be too. i also think if Kyle is among the top 4 going into the last race, he will be hard to beat for the championship, really, really hard.
I agree with every word of that.

Bro Jimmy has three and the two Penske's have two a piece. You expect the Hendrick's, but a second year team with only two cars to have won four races between them? Joey is having a hell of a year, his best year ever, Kez is doing well also.

I believe that Kyle was better than Joey on Saturday night. Having said that, I was struck by the fact that Joey is now a guy you have to think about beating in order to win a race, or even the Championship. Sliced has every reason to be proud, and I respect the passion. I really, really, really like who Joey has become. No, I don't wish he was still at JGR because I think he needed a move--particularly to Penske to make this happen. The dude looks happy, and has swagger. He has survived, and you have to respect that.
Dont say that too many times or every time you post you'll get jumped on for it :D but thanks.. at least someone can speak the truth around here :cheers:

Dont say that too many times or every time you post you'll get jumped on for it :D but thanks.. at least someone can speak the truth around here :cheers:

Been there, done that. As I have mentioned to you, I think it is cool you stuck with your guy when everybody else wrote him off. I actually heard myself say, "...we gotta beat Joey now..." during the race on Saturday. I'm not trying to be a dick when I tell you that I didn't really ever think I would say that. It just came out. That, to me, was a wake up that the 22 is going to be a factor in all of this. They were making the case on NASCAR Radio that as we move through the Chase, qualifying well will put pressure on other teams. The 2 and 22 have been unmatched in their ability to qualify.

Kyle was in the top ten for most of the race usually around 8th place. The rest of the Toyota's were in the top 20 and not much of a factor until Kenseth recovered from his flat. About the time he got better (last couple pits/strategy) Joey had engine problems. Penske was one two and dominated the race. Even getting caught out on a late caution, the Penske's were running up thru the field. Kez went to the front and Joey was right behind him in third until his engine went away. Kez and Joey were the class of the field at Kentucky. Joey's finish didn't show how well he ran. Only three cars led laps. Kez 199, Joey 37, and Kyle last with 31. Most of Kyle's laps were a result of good racing luck when the caution flew. So pull off your rose colored yoda glasses and try your best to take an honest look at that particular race. :):)

You weren't watching the times. That's clear to me....even with my rose colored Tie-yota glasses. ;)

oh but I was watching the times..you need a graph to splain it to ya? Lap 120 ish Joey ran him down and passed him went to 1st @ 135. Crappy pit caution for Kez and Logano lap 210, took Kez 15 laps thru traffic to run him down. Joey had car trouble after 210 but the rest of the race, for the most part he was ahead of the 18. Hate to get in the wankfests with obsessed fans? to the point of not seeing reality. I'm done from here on out, this is getting stupid and pointless. Joey has had three DNF's and now car trouble at Kentucky but he has two wins which is what they are looking for this year. Best year so far for Logano.
graph_it

oh but I was watching the times..you need a graph to splain it to ya? Lap 120 ish Joey ran him down and passed him went to 1st @ 135. Crappy pit caution for Kez and Logano lap 210, took Kez 15 laps thru traffic to run him down. Joey had car trouble after 210 but the rest of the race, for the most part he was ahead of the 18. Hate to get in the wankfests with obsessed fans? to the point of not seeing reality. I'm done from here on out, this is getting stupid and pointless. Joey has had three DNF's and now car trouble at Kentucky but he has two wins which is what they are looking for this year. Best year so far for Logano.
graph_it

Do appreciate the lap chart. Whatever on the stupid and pointless comment....and the obsessed fan thing....back to topic. Kyle was buried in traffic the whole night Joey not so much. I was referring to lap times honestly--the position argument is pretty clear. I know that Kyle didn't feel he had anything for either of them, but I have heard Kyle stuff like that when he is 2/10ths better than the guy behind him. Sorry, you're "out"---good information.

Last edited:
Do appreciate the lap chart. Whatever on the stupid and pointless comment....and the obsessed fan thing....back to topic. Kyle was buried in traffic the whole night Joey not so much. I was referring to lap times honestly--the position argument is pretty clear. I know that Kyle didn't feel he had anything for either of them, but I have heard Kyle stuff like that when he is 2/10ths better than the guy behind him. Sorry, you're "out"---good information.
Those laps were in clean air.

graph_it
filepicker-fhnyUnXrRKWySYcCFD5X_tumblr_ma0mi8LRjg1qbfzh4_zpsba423f2b.jpg

We posted position changes from Racing Reference. I talked about times. Back in the holster sport. :dual9mm:
You win the trophy for best track position at the end of the day, not fastest lap time.

You win the trophy for best track position at the end of the day, not fastest lap time.
You gonna put ur money on a guy who leads a lot of laps all the time and has some mechanical issues or wrecks here and there... Or a guy who runs 8th-12th week in and week out...?

I put this somewhere else but I thought I'd bring more attention to it because.... well... :D

With over half of the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in the books you might be watching races and thinking, Joey Logano has been near the front a lot this year. If that thought has crossed your mind, you are correct.

So far this season, Logano has spent nearly 83% (82.92%) of laps inside the top-15. The only other driver in the 80’s is Jeff Gordon, who has spent 81.27% of laps in the top-15. From there it begins to drop, but not unexpectedly the names are all drivers high in the points. Brad Keselowski (79.14%), Matt Kenseth (76.39%), and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (75.89%) make up the top-5 in this category.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nasca...nksrc=story_article_yb_original_head_16823992

Also..

upload_2014-7-13_9-14-54.png

Just some numbers I thought I'd bring to everyone's attention..

Dont take it personally lol .. Im just a happy fan :)

While the younger generation may think this is funny, some of us do not.
Please do not go further. If you must, take it to The Podium where it is not visible to casual visitors.
From a fan of Earnhardt, who labled Jeff Gordon as gay & sparked an epidemic of insults & judgement.

But I digress.

Seriously though... Barring parts failure and wrecks Joey is a lock for a top 5 week in and week out. With Michigan, Bristol, Atlanta, Richmond, Chicago, Dover, Kansas, Charlotte, Texas and Homestead making up two thirds of the remainder of the season... I see no reason to think Joey isn't a viable candidate as a favorite to make the final four and have a shot as his first championship. Anyone who disagrees is either biased or not paying attention. I'm not trying to throw it in anyone's face and this isn't an "I told you so!"... I'm just a happy fan seeing his driver finally compete at the level he should have been all along. I'll save the jack-assery for the season finale.. :p :D

Seriously though... Barring parts failure and wrecks Joey is a lock for a top 5 week in and week out. With Michigan, Bristol, Atlanta, Richmond, Chicago, Dover, Kansas, Charlotte, Texas and Homestead making up two thirds of the remainder of the season... I see no reason to think Joey isn't a viable candidate as a favorite to make the final four and have a shot as his first championship. Anyone who disagrees is either biased or not paying attention. I'm not trying to throw it in anyone's face and this isn't an "I told you so!"... I'm just a happy fan seeing his driver finally compete at the level he should have been all along. I'll save the jack-assery for the season finale.. :p :D

I've been saying Joey in the Final Four for quite some time now. No question.

Back
Top Bottom