Joey Logano

image.jpg

Both Penskes are still in the hunt. Great racing by both of them, you could tell that Joey was going to help Kez stay in the chase if at all possible yesterday. They have the best strategy to go all the way to the end if their racing luck holds out.

I will give Joey and Kes credit, they do seem to function as a TEAM and work as a cohesive unit. That's pretty rare these days.
Exactly.. I dont think I've ever seen team mates work so well together.

They just got Penske his highest amount of wins in a season in NASCAR. Thats impressive considering who has driven for Penske in the past... and its not like its all one of them getting the wins... one has 5 and the other has 6. I wouldn't be surprised if they each got 1-2 more either.

Exactly.. I dont think I've ever seen team mates work so well together.

They just got Penske his highest amount of wins in a season in NASCAR. Thats impressive considering who has driven for Penske in the past... and its not like its all one of them getting the wins... one has 5 and the other has 6. I wouldn't be surprised if they each got 1-2 more either.

Is alot easier when 1, there are only 2 teams within the organization. 2, There is chemistry. And 3, They actually like and get along with one another.

Its easier to work stuff out when there is only 2 people involve as say..3 or 4 teams.

Is alot easier when 1, there are only 2 teams within the organization. 2, There is chemistry. And 3, They actually like and get along with one another.

Its easier to work stuff out when there is only 2 people involve as say..3 or 4 teams.

I guess Newman and Rusty didn't get that memo. Those 2 teams were at each others throats.

Why would he do that? Doubles the chances of Penske winning it all.
You think Joey is more concentrated on getting Penske a championship no matter which Penske driver wins, rather than taking home the trophy himself?

If so, thats a slap in the face to his own team who have worked there asses off to help him get where he is in 2014.

You think Joey is more concentrated on getting Penske a championship no matter which Penske driver wins, rather than taking home the trophy himself?

If so, thats a slap in the face to his own team who have worked there asses off to help him get where he is in 2014.
Can u ever write a sentence without contradicting yourself? Lol

I never said that... but I'm sure.. 100% sure in fact... that he would rather finish 2nd to Brad then Harvick or Gordon.

It's not like they've been preaching 2 cars/one team all year long or anything :rolleyes:

Can u ever write a sentence without contradicting yourself? Lol

I never said that... but I'm sure.. 100% sure in fact... that he would rather finish 2nd to Brad then Harvick or Gordon.

It's not like they've been preaching 2 cars/one team all year long or anything :rolleyes:
After the success Joey has had this year, I dont think he wants to finish second at all. But if he finishes 2nd to Brad he's gonna regret Talledega.

The key to the whole race was @joeylogano going to the high side w/ us so we could get track position back on the 48. Awesome teammate.

Will make it even more dramatic if one has to kick the other's ass to win it. Great teammates are fertile ground for a rivalry.

Will make it even more dramatic if one has to kick the other's ass to win it. Great teammates are fertile ground for a rivalry.
guess they can hold hands and cross together.:biggrin: It is going to be tough to survive the next three. Man, only four races left in the season, going to be over before ya know it.

I assume Joey is trying to win the championship. He actively pushed arguably his toughest competition into the next round.
Apparently with the "2 cars One team" aspect, if Brad wins the title they will enscribe "Brad & Joey 2014 Sprint Cup Champions" on the trophy. So it doesnt matter which Penske driver wins ;)

Apparently with the "2 cars One team" aspect, if Brad wins the title they will enscribe "Brad & Joey 2014 Sprint Cup Champions" on the trophy. So it doesnt matter which Penske driver wins ;)

I don't guess you have figured out that Logano was already advancing into the next round, so why wouldn't you help your team mate advance.o_O

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...tle-hope-102114?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:nascaronfox

"Keselowski's stunning victory on Sunday understandably thrust him into the national headlines, but Logano has been the star of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup so far, with victories in two of the six races, three fourth-place runs and a worst result of 11th Sunday at Talladega, where his only concern was helping Keselowski win so he could make it into the next round of the Chase.

When the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series raced at those tracks in the spring, Logano won at Texas and finished fourth at both Martinsville and Phoenix. All told, Logano earned one victory, three top fives and 130 points at those three tracks. The next closest of the other seven Eliminator Round drivers was Jeff Gordon, who had 112 points. Keselowski earned just 78 points during those three races."

How about trying to help his team owner become the first guy to ever win Indy and NASCAR in the same year.. That'd be HUGE.
they are also in the running for manufacturer championship, I think the Fords are 21 points out of first. I don't have a clue how Nascar figures that, it is supposed to be a private winning fund situation, but Kez mentioned it after Dega.

they are also in the running for manufacturer championship, I think the Fords are 21 points out of first. I don't have a clue how Nascar figures that, it is supposed to be a private winning fund situation, but Kez mentioned it after Dega.
I think it's 9, 6, 3 or something.. highest finisher each race I believe.

Plus Penske is in the hunt for the owners championship in NNS as well... he's got a shot at winning the championship in every racing series he is competing in this year. That's impressive with 4 to go... 3 in NNS I think.

Back
Top Bottom