Make Xfinity Great Again

I would throw in 2 maybe 3 more standalone races and I would change the rules package. That's all

No we are not delusional puppies living in the past. I would rather see 30 cars at South Boston over last night's garbage any day. It was awful, everybody knows it. Kyle Busch may not have won South Boston.

No we are not delusional puppies living in the past. I would rather see 30 cars at South Boston over last night's garbage any day. It was awful, everybody knows it. Kyle Busch may not have won South Boston.
I doubt anyone running at South Boston would've won Richmond Xfin last night.
It sounds like maybe you shouldn't watch Xfin anymore. I hate restrictor plate races so now I don't watch them.

It is probably true that schedules with lots of short tracks are gone forever. But that doesn't mean that the current tracks put on better races, in fact I think tracks like the one on the original post were superior.

Nascar has a pretty big hype machine that sucks up to everything it does. I think it is a good thing to call them on the BS and malpractice that has damaged the passion of many.

Just axe this **** show altogether.

The Kyle Busch series is broken beyond repair. It's hot garbage. I don't watch it anymore. Haven't for a while.

Run the Cup Series and Trucks. Expand the Truck field to allow the few competitive Xfinity teams a place to go.

I doubt anyone running at South Boston would've won Richmond Xfin last night.
It sounds like maybe you shouldn't watch Xfin anymore. I hate restrictor plate races so now I don't watch them.

I agree as I was watching the preliminary World Cup of Hockey game last night between the US and Canada and flipped over to the X race here and there. The most exciting thing for me was seeing a tire bouncing around pit road and no caution.

The Xfinity series has become the primary development / feeder series for Cup. There are few standalone teams that can compete with the Cup subsidiaries, few Cup-affiliated teams (or sponsors) that want to field a non-developmental driver, and no developmental value in driving on the short tracks the up-and-comers have already graduated from.

Times change. What some of y'all are looking for isn't here any more, and won't be coming back. Watch something else.

I agree as I was watching the preliminary World Cup of Hockey game last night between the US and Canada and flipped over to the X race here and there. The most exciting thing for me was seeing a tire bouncing around pit road and no caution.
I guess it comes down to what you're willing to tolerate. All of us are never going to agree on everything.
I like Cup guys and teams in Xfin and Trucks. I can understand how some people do not like it.
So many changes have diminished my interest in the sport. I don't like plate races and I don't like The Chase, so I don't watch those races.
I watch the stuff that I like.
It used to be the end of the world if I didn't watch all of the qualifying and every race. Times change.

The Xfinity series has become the primary development / feeder series for Cup. There are few standalone teams that can compete with the Cup subsidiaries, few Cup-affiliated teams (or sponsors) that want to field a non-developmental driver, and no developmental value in driving on the short tracks the up-and-comers have already graduated from.

Times change. What some of y'all are looking for isn't here any more, and won't be coming back. Watch something else.

I see your point but "Watch something else" sounds like something Helton and France would say and with Nascar's fan base shriveling up like a prune I think everyone that watches any Nascar program, regardless of how they feel about what they are watching, should be embraced.

I see your point but "Watch something else" sounds like something Helton and France would say and with Nascar's fan base shriveling up like a prune I think everyone that watches any Nascar program, regardless of how they feel about what they are watching, should be embraced.
Sorry, didn't mean it like that. But I don't see much point in hoping the series will change anytime soon. The death of the successful full-time Busch-series driver was a gradual process, and his revival looks like it will take longer and be less likely.

The Randy LaJoies and Green brothers are gone, and NASCAR / BZF doesn't care what we think will bring them back (assuming it / he is interested in that, which they don't appear to be). No point in having an intervention when the ill party won't take the first step of acknowledging there may be a problem.

I guess it comes down to what you're willing to tolerate. All of us are never going to agree on everything.
I like Cup guys and teams in Xfin and Trucks. I can understand how some people do not like it.
So many changes have diminished my interest in the sport. I don't like plate races and I don't like The Chase, so I don't watch those races.
I watch the stuff that I like.
It used to be the end of the world if I didn't watch all of the qualifying and every race. Times change.

I agree with what you have said and the best time for me in Nascar was up until pit road speeds were instituted but even after that it was still good as ESPN did a great job with the broadcasts and the cars still looked like stock cars. Around 1995 things started going south and the slide has continued unabated. The only race I refuse to watch is the finale at Homestead as ignoring it is my little one man protest. I don't care for plate races but I normally record them and fast forward through them and stop on anything that looks interesting and once that is over fast forward to the last 10 laps. I do like Martinsville and the road courses and usually Phoenix too but you never know when a good race can happen as Atlanta, Kansas and KY have been really great sometimes and totally suck the next. California and Michigan have been really bad in the past but can be awfully good too so with Nascar it is really hit and miss.

I think there are some members for which Nascar has completely jumped the shark but they just don't know it yet and there are others who will be happy with any race as they are either easy going people or look for arcane things that most fans have no interest in.

Make Xfinity Great Again. Build a wall to keep the Cup drivers out.
This all you really have to do, everything thing would just be putting a band-aide on it.

Make Xfinity Great Again. Build a wall to keep the Cup drivers out.
Where are you going to find capable drivers to replace them? A quarter of the drivers are already either over the hill, never were, or never will be. And will the sponsors that fund the 'Cup Driver of the Week' cars for Penske and Gibbs stick around? Roush isn't a bottom-tier team and Bubba should be a marketable shoe, but they aren't able to sell all of their inventory.

Without a plan for replacing those drivers and sponsors, how does clearing the Cup drivers out automatically make the racing will get better?

Because sponsors have control of things any change will be slow and painful.
Without high priced cup drivers and Cup teams participating the series could survive on fewer
sponsor drivers. There are some cup teams that will race Xfinity if they didn't have to compete against Cup Teams. All the small teams got pushed out because of the cup teams big budgets.
Take that away and maybe some new teams will come in and make the series what it was.
You could even let Carl Long have his own team again.

Where are you going to find capable drivers to replace them? A quarter of the drivers are already either over the hill, never were, or never will be. And will the sponsors that fund the 'Cup Driver of the Week' cars for Penske and Gibbs stick around? Roush isn't a bottom-tier team and Bubba should be a marketable shoe, but they aren't able to sell all of their inventory.

Without a plan for replacing those drivers and sponsors, how does clearing the Cup drivers out automatically make the racing will get better?
My post was more a joke about the Trump theme of the thread than anything. I understand why the Cup drivers are in Xfinity, but it does make a lot of the races downright unwatchable. I think I've watched maybe 4 or 5 NXS races this year but that's about it.

They should probably consolidate the truck and x-fijnity series and exclude the cup drivers from competition.

Yes, Carl Long ... very competitive.
I take that as an insult to all the drivers and owners who tried scratching out a living starting this sport and all the independents who mortgaged everything they owned just to try to make a race and keep afloat...

I have a lot of respect for Carl Long ........ he didn't have a gnat's chance in hell of ever gaining any ground..... but..... he hung in like a hair in a biscuit until Ernie Elliott and Nascar gave him a good screwing......

Alan Kulwicki didn't stand a chance either... but.... he overcame ...... pretty sad we will never see that happen again.... I for 1 am glad I witnessed it....

I take that as an insult to all the drivers and owners who tried scratching out a living starting this sport and all the independents who mortgaged everything they owned just to try to make a race and keep afloat...
As you wish.

Racing has burned fortunes, bankrupted the wealthy and the poor, ruined businesses and torn families apart. There are lots of places to keep racing while avoiding all of that.

Sometimes a reach is a reach too far. JMO.

I have a lot of respect for Carl Long ........ he didn't have a gnat's chance in hell of ever gaining any ground..... but..... he hung in like a hair in a biscuit until Ernie Elliott and Nascar gave him a good screwing......

Alan Kulwicki didn't stand a chance either... but.... he overcame ...... pretty sad we will never see that happen again.... I for 1 am glad I witnessed it....

Very, very well said. I don't think anyone with a cavalier attitude toward Carl Long understands what he was trying to accomplish on a shoe string budget or how badly Nascar screwed him.

As you wish.

Racing has burned fortunes, bankrupted the wealthy and the poor, ruined businesses and torn families apart. There are lots of places to keep racing while avoiding all of that.

A reach is really difficult when Nascar uses draconian measures to punish you for something that actually gave you a disadvantage.

That has nothing to do with my remarks.

Mr. Long was in over his head long before that ugly issue reared its head.

Very, very well said. I don't think anyone with a cavalier attitude toward Carl Long understands what he was trying to accomplish on a shoe string budget or how badly Nascar screwed him.
You can be sure that I understand it exactly.

As you wish.

As you wish.

If a person never tries to reach for the next level...... he will be resigned to be flipping burgers at McDonalds all his life..... I am pretty sure you never stayed at your same job level all your adult life. Didn't you try to challenge yourself to better your position in life? There's no guarantee it will work... but.... there IS a guarantee if you don't try... it WON'T work.....

If a person never tries to reach for the next level...... he will be resigned to be flipping burgers at McDonalds all his life..... I am pretty sure you never stayed at your same job level all your adult life. Didn't you try to challenge yourself to better your position in life? There's no guarantee it will work... but.... there IS a guarantee if you don't try... it WON'T work.....
I understand that.

Racing is often likened to a disease. Unlike a lot of other sporting endeavors, it's extremely expensive relative to hoped for financial rewards. Many of those afflicted aspire to greater heights but very few attain them. Carl Long exists on a long list of failed attempts. Some people recognize the need to get off the treadmill and some do not. Again, there are lots of places to race ... the top levels support the few.

They should probably consolidate the truck and x-fijnity series and exclude the cup drivers from competition.

So then both series would be dead, and we would be left with only Cup. Fine, I guess, but I kind of like to get warmed up with the support races.

Back
Top Bottom