Michigan RACE thread

Racing=passion.

Love how patrick fought for a 18th place after that wreck. Looked like Burton came down a tad, but most of that was side suck.

Same here...and there is really no use in doing the research and figuring it all out...they'll just change it again next year :D

...not being overly critical though, tradition in sports is over-rated, make it fun. Heck, even a somewhat boring Nascar race beats soccer.
:D
That's why I said that Championships don't matter anymore. Just enjoy the racing on a race-by-race basis until November and then watch football until the 2015 season starts.

Got to hand it to Jiff Gor-don, I'll bet Tom is having a bear of a time rolling over to victory lane to congratulate him.

:D
That's why I said that Championships don't matter anymore. Just enjoy the racing on a race-by-race basis until November and then watch football until the 2015 season starts.

Or is it because Kyle will never win one?

Gordon has won one in 13 years, but Championships damn right still matter. Matter a lot. More more than winning individual races.

Seeing Jeff Gordon win in person was something I was beginning to think may never happen. I'm nearly as relieved as I am happy.

I'm happy for you. I haven't seen him win since the first race weekend I attended in 99'. Something I'll never forget.

Or is it because Kyle will never win one?...
It's because the rules for winning a Championship change every year. You cannot compare drivers from a couple of years ago to drivers running today because they aren't running under the same set of rules. Are you new to the sport?

It's because the rules for winning a Championship change every year. You cannot compare drivers from a couple of years ago to drivers running today because they aren't running under the same set of rules. Are you new to the sport?

That's correct. They can only be compared with who they're running against present day.

This will make our 5th format in 12 years for determining a champion. Brian sure has muddied the history books with this crap.

Can someone tell me what happened to Kurt. I had to go to work at 4 pm. One minute he's in 3rd, next thing I know he's 30th.

Can someone tell me what happened to Kurt. I had to go to work at 4 pm. One minute he's in 3rd, next thing I know he's 30th.

He was racing Logano very hard for the lead on a restart and drove it into the corner too hard and hit the wall. His tire flew apart soon after.

Looks like Austin Dillon jumped past Kyle Larson in points today.

And both are ahead of Kyle Busch?!:eek:

Looks like Austin Dillon jumped past Kyle Larson in points today.

And both are ahead of Kyle Busch?!:eek:
Smdh at this points scale. Both Larson (five Top 5s, ten Top 10s) and Kyle Busch (one win, six Top 5s, nine Top 10s) are destroying Dillon (one Top 5, three Top 10s) on the track but are behind in points because they have a few DNFs.

Smdh at this points scale. Both Larson (five Top 5s, ten Top 10s) and Kyle Busch (one win, six Top 5s, nine Top 10s) are destroying Dillon (one Top 5, three Top 10s) on the track but are behind in points because they have a few DNFs.
The current point system is literally a joke. It must be.

He was racing Logano very hard for the lead on a restart and drove it into the corner too hard and hit the wall. His tire flew apart soon after.

Looked to me that, as Logano and Busch were battling for the lead, Joey mighta got enough of Kurt to cut the tire that ended up going down.

Right after the contact Kurt fell off the pace and eventually lost the tire completely.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408315574.515393.jpg

Brought friend home from hospital today, had to watch last half on DVR

Props to Gordon on 91, great final restart.

Nice fight while still racing clean by Logano

Jimmie Johnson shifting with vice grips for a while and still finishing 9th?? Unreal.

The first wack understandable. He just got loose and did a damn fine job of saving it and not taking newman out. But the second time, idk what Jimmie was thinking. Looked to me like he tried to knockout Newman's left rear tire and failed. Newman should be pissed.

Agree - the first one was a nice save that unfortunately put him into RN.

The second one looked totally on JJ although what he was doing I have NFI - looked both avoidable and suspicious though.

Looked to me that, as Logano and Busch were battling for the lead, Joey mighta got enough of Kurt to cut the tire that ended up going down.

Right after the contact Kurt fell off the pace and eventually lost the tire completely.
Yeah, I'm not sure on that but I do know that they were both racing as hard as they could for the win - the way it should be :cheers:

Those of you who thought that JJ looked scared when he was talking to Newman are either delusional or trolling.

And FTR, JJ was spot on when he said Newman is not well respected by his peers when it comes to how he races.

Back
Top Bottom