NASCAR on NBC - 2015

What I've been saying for yrs. the cars had way to much aero and were simply going to fast to actually race. Very intrigued to see how it plays out

The HOF broadcast was produced by nascar productions like it always is. Looked exactly the same as it did on fs1 last yr. your fox hate is out of control

The HOF broadcast was produced by nascar productions like it always is. Looked exactly the same as it did on fs1 last yr. your fox hate is out of control

NASCAR Productions produces NASCAR America? LOL.

I'm watching the rebroadcast right now. I see NBCSN and I see NBC graphics.

Hall of Fame broadcast was excellent. Professional and well done all around.
Ill wait until we get some actual race coverage to judge, rather than jumping to conclusions from filming a buncha old fogies sitting around & a 20 lap richard petty driving experience race.

NASCAR Productions produces NASCAR America? LOL.

I'm watching the rebroadcast right now. I see NBCSN and I see NBC graphics.

Watch the end. The credits will say produced by nascar productions in association with nbcsn. They produce the HoF and yr end banquets. They also produce the tudor sports car races on fox.

Watch the end. The credits will say produced by nascar productions in association with nbcsn. They produce the HoF and yr end banquets. They also produce the tudor sports car races on fox.

I've seen that at the end of NASCAR races as well. I guess there was no difference between FOX and ESPN.

The NBC crew sounded comfortable which is a good sign. I'm not worried about them. Too many pros on that crew to fail

I've seen that at the end of NASCAR races as well. I guess there was no difference between FOX and ESPN.

Only diff between any of them is who is on air and who is in the truck. The camera people and some support staff work for nascar productions

Only diff between any of them is who is on air and who is in the truck. The camera people and some support staff work for nascar productions

Then why did TNT have different camera angles than FOX and ESPN? And why did FOX have different on-board cameras than ESPN and TNT? And why was the audio quality worse on TNT than on FOX?

All different people behind the scenes and a totally new booth now.

We've seen NBC's IndyCar coverage, which is top-notch. We've seen Rick Allen in the booth for years on SPEED. We've seen most of the on-air crew on NBCSN at various times and at previous gigs on FOX, TNT and ESPN, or on NBCSN in Kelli's case. I think the coverage will be fine.

Camera angles are chosen by the TV director (in the truck) on board are the choice of TV producer and director (in the truck) sound issues? Could be from the on site mobile production or couldve been ar turners master control in Atlanta.

TNT stopped putting any effort into it in 2013. Turner is bleeding $$$ and cutback the budget on nascar along with deciding not to bid on the future deal

Camera angles are chosen by the TV director (in the truck) on board are the choice of TV producer and director (in the truck) sound issues? Could be from the on site mobile production or couldve been ar turners master control in Atlanta.

TNT stopped putting any effort into it in 2013. Turner is bleeding $$$ and cutback the budget on nascar along with deciding not to bid on the future deal

The sad part about TNT was how good their pre-race shows were and how bad their actual race coverage was.

They were ok when weber/Wally/Kyle did them. Had enough chemistry from the NBC days to get through it. But only 6 weeks a yr it's tough build anything. Fox offered to produce their telecasts when the deal started. Should've taken them up on it

Dale Jarrett, Kyle Petty on NBC Pre-Race: “No Fluff and Puff”

Good article on what to expect from the NBC pairing of Dale Jarrett/Kyle Petty.

Entire article can be read here.

“I really think there is an opportunity to do some different things this season,” Jarrett told Popular Speed last week at the NASCAR Media Tour. “One of the reasons I say that is that I’m working with someone I’ve know since we were kids in Kyle Petty.

“And even though we’ve known each other since we were kids, and competed against each other, we’ve remained good friends who somehow have two totally different views on how things should be or how we see the sport.”

Jarrett said that he and Petty are not going to be afraid to challenge each other in the pre-race booth and that the fans are going to benefit from these likely exchanges.

“He may think I’m off my rocker sometimes and he’s going to say that to my face,” Jarrett said. “But I’m going to take that knowing exactly how he means it and not be afraid to challenge the way he looks at it too. We’re not going to look for those opportunities every time we’re on TV together but we’re going to be willing to express it when they come up and the fans are going to be the winners.”

Watching NBC doing the K&N East Race from this past Sunday right now on NBCSN. Allen & Burton called the race.

I would like a broadcast that didn't have rodents, prolonged views of drivers feet and side cams and I don't need to be reminded of what tight and loose is every 5 minutes. When a driver screws up or does something dangerous (like when Edwards came back on track for the sole purpose of wrecking BKez) we need to hear the guilty party taken to task. When the race is getting out of hand and a mystery caution is called don't just let it go.

Basically just go back to the 90's and watch ESPN broadcasts of Bob, Ned and Benny and do things that way as those broadcasts were entertaining, informative and didn't treat viewers as idiots.

Rick, Steve, and Jeff sounded really nice together during the Gridiron challenge, i feel Rick improved from his Truck races and Steve sounds like he was born to be a broadcaster.

Concerning the races, FOX Sports uses Game Creek Video for their race production, including the "Hollywood Hotel", TNT used them as well, NBC will be using NEP Productions I am going to guess, and ESPN used NEP Productions.

So yes, in theroy, the only real difference between FOX and TNT was on air talent and graphics , and some key people behind the scenes.

Fun but useless fact, the Game Creek Video Trailers that are used for NASCAR on FOX(Sports) are
FX-A
FX-B
FX-C
FX-D
FX-E aka the Hollywood Hotel
http://www.gamecreekvideo.com/truck/fx/

Custom Imagenxur.jpg

Back
Top Bottom