New developer for NASCAR video games.

THANK GAWD!

I have hated every NASCAR game since EA quit making them. The physics are horrible. The difficulty level is laughable. I could go on for days.

DMI Games, the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Dont fail us when we need you the most :cheers:

Don't get too excited. It's a former Eutechnyx employee who bought their NASCAR assets and code.

I'd expect another copy and paste job if it's released this year.

Don't get too excited. It's a former Eutechnyx employee who bought their NASCAR assets and code.

I'd expect another copy and paste job if it's released this year.
Dusenberry is the founder & CEO of Hasbro Interactive & Games.com. He's the man with the plan. Martin comes from EA, Papyrus & also Hasbro. He was VP at Eutechnyx so he wasnt much hands on me thinks. Papyrus made some sick racing games for PC.

I have high hopes.

Don't mean to be "that guy" but if you want a racing game, there is nothing better than iRacing right now. No console game will ever compare. The realism is as good as it gets without driving a real car. It can be expensive at first but totally worth it. I started out on a laptop and a $50 wheel. Have never looked back at console racing.

Dusenberry is the founder & CEO of Hasbro Interactive & Games.com. He's the man with the plan. Martin comes from EA, Papyrus & also Hasbro. He was VP at Eutechnyx so he wasnt much hands on me thinks. Papyrus made some sick racing games for PC.

I have high hopes.
I know their backgrounds, but that wasn't the point. The point was if it's released this year, there's a fairly decent chance it'll be a copy and paste job. And as far as I know, a release this year is what they're aiming for.

They bought Eutechnyx's broken code, which is mediocre and filled with bugs. It would be better from a quality standpoint to take a year to overhaul the code or start over from scratch instead of rushing to get a title out with the same issues Eutechnyx had. They'd lose all credibility right off the bat.

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you think anything great will come out of this right away.

DMi is the new publisher, not the new developer...or at least not the sole developer. Eutechnyx will still be developing the game but DMi will be completely overhauling the coding that will be imported into the game. In other words, they will be using the same "body" but all parts inside the body will be different. Ed Martin has worked on the most successful NASCAR games ever created so I am confident the new game will be better than the trash us fans have played over the past 8+ years.

nascarthegame.com mentions the game will be released in 2015, so it is my opinion that DMi has been working on the new game since last summer when most of the Eutechnyx employees who worked on NASCAR 14 were fired.

DMi is the new publisher, not the new developer...or at least not the sole developer. Eutechnyx will still be developing the game but DMi will be completely overhauling the coding that will be imported into the game. In other words, they will be using the same "body" but all parts inside the body will be different. Ed Martin has worked on the most successful NASCAR games ever created so I am confident the new game will be better than the trash us fans have played over the past 8+ years.

nascarthegame.com mentions the game will be released in 2015, so it is my opinion that DMi has been working on the new game since last summer when most of the Eutechnyx employees who worked on NASCAR 14 were fired.
Finally somebody with some sense & optimism.

I know their backgrounds, but that wasn't the point. The point was if it's released this year, there's a fairly decent chance it'll be a copy and paste job. And as far as I know, a release this year is what they're aiming for.

They bought Eutechnyx's broken code, which is mediocre and filled with bugs. It would be better from a quality standpoint to take a year to overhaul the code or start over from scratch instead of rushing to get a title out with the same issues Eutechnyx had. They'd lose all credibility right off the bat.

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you think anything great will come out of this right away.
I told you to stop posting FUD yet you continue. What's wrong with you?

5 nights at freddies!! Love that game

I have high hopes.

Eh, I wouldn't get too excited. Papyrus code went to iRacing.com, and unless they want a lawsuit, they can't really use the old Papyrus code. So, it's either C&P the crappy Eutechnyx code, or build from the ground up.

o, it's either C&P the crappy Eutechnyx code, or build from the ground up.
3 points to consider...
Eutechnyx will still be developing the game but DMi will be completely overhauling the coding that will be imported into the game. In other words, they will be using the same "body" but all parts inside the body will be different.

Ed Martin has worked on the most successful NASCAR games ever created

most of the Eutechnyx employees who worked on NASCAR 14 were fired.

I know it's been a while but Dirt 2 Daytona had a solid code with realistic driving (for a console game) and pretty good damage physics. Papyrus didn't have a monopoly on good games.
Ahh...the good ol' days. NASCAR gaming was at its pinnacle from 2001 - 2004 when we had the option to choose from EA, Infogrames, and Papyrus (and maybe others I am forgetting) to get our NASCAR fix. Once Papyrus ended the NASCAR Racing series and EA bought the exclusive license everything went downhill. It's great that there is no longer an exclusive license and I would love to see multiple developers compete once again, but that will never happen until a NASCAR game series is wildly popular and shows tremendous financial profitability for developers.

What I would really like to see is for iRacing to make a console game dedicated solely to NASCAR. Although iRacing claims they will never move to consoles, I suspect they would not hesitate to do so if it can be found that a console game would be profitable. Another option would be for DMi/Eutechnyx to purchase iRacing data, but that is too expensive for such a small company; Dave Thompson mentioned Eutechnyx inquired about purchasing the data related to laser-scanned tracks but it would have cost them millions of $. That's just for the track data and does not include any of the other coding used by iRacing, so the only way this option would ever be realistic is if a conglomerate such as EA would try their hand at another NASCAR game.

Somewhat off-topic, but I wish we would get a new Indycar game one of these days. I think the last one ever made was in 2005 and was one of the best racing games I've ever played. Codemasters developed that game and curently develop the F1 games, so I don't understand why they haven't attempted to revive this series.

What I would really like to see is for iRacing to make a console game dedicated solely to NASCAR. Although iRacing claims they will never move to consoles, I suspect they would not hesitate to do so if it can be found that a console game would be profitable. Another option would be for DMi/Eutechnyx to purchase iRacing data, but that is too expensive for such a small company; Dave Thompson mentioned Eutechnyx inquired about purchasing the data related to laser-scanned tracks but it would have cost them millions of $. That's just for the track data and does not include any of the other coding used by iRacing, so the only way this option would ever be realistic is if a conglomerate such as EA would try their hand at another NASCAR game.

The reason iRacing hadn't moved to consoles is because honestly, you can't play iRacing with a game pad. You need a Logitech G25 wheel & pedal set at the bare minimum. I mean sure, the guys behind iRacing could create a separate game for the console crowd, maybe call it iRacing Jr. or iRacing Lite. However, as someone who uses iRacing, I honestly do not want them to divert resources away from the most realistic simulator in the world, just so they can make a dumbed down arcade game for the console crowd.

Every dollar that I've spent on a racing game since the demise of Papyrus has been a dollar wasted along with the frustration of playing an inferior product. I can't get excited about the announcement of yet another name in the mix.

Somewhat off-topic, but I wish we would get a new Indycar game one of these days. I think the last one ever made was in 2005 and was one of the best racing games I've ever played. Codemasters developed that game and curently develop the F1 games, so I don't understand why they haven't attempted to revive this series.

Codemasters put Indycar in Grid Autosport, albeit without the real drivers, teams, and liveries. There's good and bad about that. You get less of the real Indycar tracks, but there are some fun tracks that wouldn't be in a "real" Indy game.

Dirt 2 Daytona was the PERFECT balance between arcade style controls and simulation level detail. I'd argue that it's the best console NASCAR game of all time.

I really liked 04 or 05. It had a brilliant rivalry system. Keep making contact or wrecking the same driver and they would get progressively angrier with you, to where they would start retaliating whenever you were around them. Race them clean or draft with them and they would remember that as well, and become an ally.

The reason iRacing hadn't moved to consoles is because honestly, you can't play iRacing with a game pad. You need a Logitech G25 wheel & pedal set at the bare minimum. I mean sure, the guys behind iRacing could create a separate game for the console crowd, maybe call it iRacing Jr. or iRacing Lite. However, as someone who uses iRacing, I honestly do not want them to divert resources away from the most realistic simulator in the world, just so they can make a dumbed down arcade game for the console crowd.

You could use the Logitech Driving Force as a starting wheel. The guy who won the 2012 (i think) iRacing Championship and $10,000 used that wheel. He used different pedals though. The wheel feels like a toy but is very inexpensive and perfect for starting.

And you're right, using anything besides a wheel on iRacing is asinine but can be done on a controller. Many people use them and can be somewhat competitive but struggle with car control. They are currently working on iRacing Lite but is only on PC.

For anyone interested in iRacing but scared of the price. If you already have a decent computer (PC/Laptop), you can get started for less than the price of an XBOX 360 and by finding the right deal on a wheel probably around $100. You won't have all the bells and whistles with good graphics but it's a start. I spent $400 and that was on a wheel/pedal set, materials for wheel stand and a subscription. Since then I've spent another $500 on computer upgrades and content but that was by choice

You could use the Logitech Driving Force as a starting wheel. The guy who won the 2012 (i think) iRacing Championship and $10,000 used that wheel. He used different pedals though. The wheel feels like a toy but is very inexpensive and perfect for starting.

And you're right, using anything besides a wheel on iRacing is asinine but can be done on a controller. Many people use them and can be somewhat competitive but struggle with car control. They are currently working on iRacing Lite but is only on PC.

For anyone interested in iRacing but scared of the price. If you already have a decent computer (PC/Laptop), you can get started for less than the price of an XBOX 360 and by finding the right deal on a wheel probably around $100. You won't have all the bells and whistles with good graphics but it's a start. I spent $400 and that was on a wheel/pedal set, materials for wheel stand and a subscription. Since then I've spent another $500 on computer upgrades and content but that was by choice

John Conti, and yea he did. The Logitech Driving Force Wheel is actually pretty solid, as long as the wheel has 900 degrees of rotation, you should do alright with it.

W

With the technology in the PS4 and the XBox One nowadays, a Wheel and Pedal set can easily be made for them. Heck the PS4 and X1 are up to par with some of the top gaming systems, and easily meet the requirments for Iracing when it comes to the required system needed. All you need is a PS or X1 compatible wheel and pedal set and you would be good to go.

W

With the technology in the PS4 and the XBox One nowadays, a Wheel and Pedal set can easily be made for them. Heck the PS4 and X1 are up to par with some of the top gaming systems, and easily meet the requirments for Iracing when it comes to the required system needed. All you need is a PS or X1 compatible wheel and pedal set and you would be good to go.
The game would have to have a wheel/pedal mode & a game pad mode that the user could switch in between

W

There's still the well...okay I'm going to be blunt and honest and if I piss off any console guys, I do not apologize.

People who play video games on consoles tend to have a certain....attitude, and that is nowhere more obvious when you get on XBox Live and play a game like Call of Duty or Modern Warfare, or whatever the FPS game of the week is. Let's just say that what you hear over the headset in those games tend to require an R or NC-17 rating.

While language like that can be bad, it's also the kind of attitude that I've come to expect from console players, I'd imagine if you put a console player inside a sim racing ****pit, fire up iRacing and put him in an official race, he's going to drive like he's on the set of Days of Thunder. The whole "Rubbin' is Racin' " bull****. While that may fly in games like NASCAR The Game 20xx, it tends to not really be tolerated in the iRacing community. Mainly because most of us (myself included) are trying to win races, we're trying to win points, we're trying to win our division championship in our respective series. Having some couch jockey jackass wreck us "because that's racing dur hur!" is kind of hinders to that goal. Now add in the language that you hear on XBox Live and you get a very unpleasant racing experience.

There is a reason, a very very good reason why iRacing.com is the only racing simulation in the history of sim racing to ever have the opportunity to have a sanctioned racing series that crowns a "real world" champion. It's not because iRacing is the most technologically advanced racing sim, but I like to believe it also has to do with the fact that the community takes the sim as seriously as the iRacing devs does.

To have all of this ruined by a bunch of couch jockies, yea, no. I'm going to not only say no to iRacing on consoles, but I'm going to say **** no.

The only saving grace of this is, most of these jackasses probably wouldn't make it out of the Rookie Series.

@SpeedPagan is right. I've played Forza, NASCAR and GT games on console and all are full of those jackasses. If you race and act like that in iRacing, you are kept from being promoted and will remain in rookie classes and will never gain experience. Possibly even banned.

and @USMCKoontz , XBOX and PS4 couldn't handle iRacing. While iRacing is not that demanding on a PC compared to other PC games, there is LOADS of graphics and sound options/adjustments required for optimum performance on iRacing. Making a console version would be pointless.

iRacing isn't a turn on, hop in a lobby and win game. You have to learn the cars and tracks for hours and hours to become competitive. I spent the first month just learning to drive and race cleanly. If you don't go into a race/practice session with a learning mentality, you won't get anywhere.

Not to mention unlike console games, you have complete control on the car at all times. There are full length,virtual races based on real races like the Daytona 500, Indianapolis 500, Daytona 24 and more.

If anyone is interested in realistic, competitive racing, road or oval; iRacing is something you should look into. Would be glad to help with any questions too.

If anyone is interested in realistic, competitive racing, road or oval; iRacing is something you should look into. Would be glad to help with any questions too.[/USER]

Same goes for me as well. I am more than happy to get more people involved in the world of competitive "hardcore" sim racing. :D Feel free to message me, Do the "at" thing on the forums, or come find me on iRacing.com. :)

W

Not sure about the PS4 but I have one for the XBOX One.

Same goes for me as well. I am more than happy to get more people involved in the world of competitive "hardcore" sim racing. :D Feel free to message me, Do the "at" thing on the forums, or come find me on iRacing.com. :)
Sim being the key word. I'm not interested in games.

Sim being the key word. I'm not interested in games.

IMHO, the only difference between iRacing and racing any of the "low budget" class at your local track (such as Hornet, U-CAR, etc.) is you don't spend as much. You're still racing against real people, in real time, for real points, and for a real championship.

Granted, it'd be nice to get trophies for the championship, but at least you'd get to brag that you are SK Modified Division 7 Season 2 of 2013 Champion.

I would love to play Iracing, get in behind a real type racing with real points... Does I racing have legit damage and pit stops or anything like that? Wonder if my laptop can handle it? Anyway to find out?

I would love to play Iracing, get in behind a real type racing with real points... Does I racing have legit damage and pit stops or anything like that? Wonder if my laptop can handle it? Anyway to find out?

Yes, iRacing does have damage, the phrase "You got Wheel Damage" will be heard over and over and over and over. Even if all you do is scrape the wall, the handling of your car will be affected and you will notice. Anything that is done to the car, affects the car, no matter how small.

On some of the series that has longer races, there are pit stops, and the only thing missing from them are the over-the-wall crew animation.

Looks like I can run it on my laptop I have now (although I plan on a new one in the future)... So I may try it out and see how I like it.

Back
Top Bottom