Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Cool pic from yesterday.

Byqf_x1IYAA-0us.jpg:large
I wish there was one like this for every driver

Dale Earnhardt Jr. ‏@DaleJr 41m
Why is sneaking up on @Amy_Reimann and scaring her so much her phone flies across the room Soooooooooo much fun?!?!?

Things like this make me smile so much. It's nice to see Dale Jr. with someone who makes him happy, you can see it in his driving too.

Losing his father seems like it shook him up a lot, it's great that he's found peace with Amy.

Dover installs catch fence for 2015 NASCAR season

DOVER, Del. Dover International Speedway started work Monday on a new catch fence that will be installed in time for the 2015 NASCAR season.

The fence will stand at 21 feet, up from its current 15 feet. The new $2.9 million fence will be installed by Smith Fence, a Florida-based contractor that has performed similar installations at other facilities on the NASCAR circuit.

Other improvements at Dover in recent years include the installation of SAFER barriers, the widening and lengthening of pit road, new fan care medical facilities and many fan experience improvements.

from here

Dover installs catch fence for 2015 NASCAR season

DOVER, Del. Dover International Speedway started work Monday on a new catch fence that will be installed in time for the 2015 NASCAR season.

The fence will stand at 21 feet, up from its current 15 feet. The new $2.9 million fence will be installed by Smith Fence, a Florida-based contractor that has performed similar installations at other facilities on the NASCAR circuit.

Other improvements at Dover in recent years include the installation of SAFER barriers, the widening and lengthening of pit road, new fan care medical facilities and many fan experience improvements.

from here

Damn, so they weren't lying about the lights.

I keep hopeing MIS will install lights. Tracnk President, Roger Curtis, has told me directly that there are no plans to do it. Although I would love to see the MIS weekend races moved to Friday and Saturday nights, I think the main benefit would be the flexibility to run later in the event of rain. That track is out in the middle of nowhere so there shouldn't be a curfew issue.

I keep hopeing MIS will install lights. Tracnk President, Roger Curtis, has told me directly that there are no plans to do it. Although I would love to see the MIS weekend races moved to Friday and Saturday nights, I think the main benefit would be the flexibility to run later in the event of rain. That track is out in the middle of nowhere so there shouldn't be a curfew issue.

Nice. Some of the best info comes from pillow talk. :D

Better driver, no that's not the case but he is a Chase driver and that's something that Larson wasn't able to accomplish.

Maybe if Larson wasn't so busy on the Xbox and the Halo and actually buckle down, he'll BE in The Chase! :p

For anybody who thinks the current championship format is goofy and complicated, go back and look at the 1974 points system. As bad as the current format is, '74's was much worse.

For anybody who thinks the current championship format is goofy and complicated, go back and look at the 1974 points system. As bad as the current format is, '74's was much worse.
is that the fun one with decimals?

is that the fun one with decimals?
Yep. There were decimals and multipliers, and the points were based on money winnings. Since the Daytona 500 was far and away the highest paying race on the schedule, it kind of made the rest of the season anti-climatic.

Yep. There were decimals and multipliers, and the points were based on money winnings. Since the Daytona 500 was far and away the highest paying race on the schedule, it kind of made the rest of the season anti-climatic.
Wheres the thread complaining that Richard Petty wasn't the true champion that year?

20 Invited to Drive for Diversity Combine

Drivers at the Combine are:
Devon Amos, 23 years old, Rio Rancho, N.M.
Jairo Avila, 19, Alhambra, Calif.
Amber Balcaen, 22, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Nicole Behar, 16, Otis Orchards, Wash.
Collin Cabre, 20, Thonotosassa, Fla.
Abraham Calderon, 25, Monterrey, Mexico
Madeline Crane, 16, Meansville, Ga.
Claire Decker, 19, Eagle River, Wis.
Paige Decker, 21, Eagle River, Wis.
Natalie Decker, 16, Eagle River, Wis.
Juan Esteban Garcia Duarte, 17, Bogota, Colombia
Ruben Garcia Jr., 18, Naulcalpan, Mexico
Ryan Glenski, 21, Mooresville, N.C.
Ali Kern, 21, Fremont, Ohio
Katlynn Leer, 15, Moulton, Iowa
Michael Lira, 17, Port Orange, Fla.
Hannah Newhouse, 17, Twin Falls, Idaho
Emily Packard, 17, East Montpelier, Vt.
Kenzie Ruston, 22, Mooresville, N.C.
Dylan Smith, 22, Concord, Vt.

Full story here

20 Invited to Drive for Diversity Combine

Drivers at the Combine are:
Devon Amos, 23 years old, Rio Rancho, N.M.
Jairo Avila, 19, Alhambra, Calif.
Amber Balcaen, 22, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Nicole Behar, 16, Otis Orchards, Wash.
Collin Cabre, 20, Thonotosassa, Fla.
Abraham Calderon, 25, Monterrey, Mexico
Madeline Crane, 16, Meansville, Ga.
Claire Decker, 19, Eagle River, Wis.
Paige Decker, 21, Eagle River, Wis.
Natalie Decker, 16, Eagle River, Wis.
Juan Esteban Garcia Duarte, 17, Bogota, Colombia
Ruben Garcia Jr., 18, Naulcalpan, Mexico
Ryan Glenski, 21, Mooresville, N.C.
Ali Kern, 21, Fremont, Ohio
Katlynn Leer, 15, Moulton, Iowa
Michael Lira, 17, Port Orange, Fla.
Hannah Newhouse, 17, Twin Falls, Idaho
Emily Packard, 17, East Montpelier, Vt.
Kenzie Ruston, 22, Mooresville, N.C.
Dylan Smith, 22, Concord, Vt.

Full story here
A lot of females on that list and thats a good thing. Especially Kenzie Ruston.

In 2012, after Penske switched back to Ford and wasn't doing so well (Keselowski fans were abondoning ship), I seen much of the blame being put on Jack Roush for not being a "team player" and withholding information as the one of the causes.

Now, the tables seem to have turned in Penske's favor yet the blame hasn't. Instead I see people calling for RFR's demise and even cheering for it, yet nothing being said about Penske holding back inofrmation.

What gives?

Back
Top Bottom