Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

It seems contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on...... Kevin and Kasey are both under contract but all it takes is money to buy them out.......
I haven't seen anything that definitely says Harvick is still under contract after this year. Only that SHR may have an option for 2017 and that Harvick said he "thinks" he has a "team extension" for two years.

Regardless, I'm not sure why either would be willing to leave the organization they just won a title with two years ago. Why?

Screenshot_2016-05-16-22-26-51.png

Harvicks current response

But of course Harvick's going to bluff. That's what they all do in these situations. He isn't at liberty to talk about it right now.

It's gonna happen. He doesn't have time in his career left to wait for SHR to rebound from such a big change with their upcoming chassis program and the manufacturer change. He's gonna go straight to source of who built him championship winning equipment. The pit crew dropping the ball constantly doesn't help. Him being a Chevy man doesn't help. The idea of SHR having to enter a rebuilding phase doesn't help. Next year is merely an option year on his current contract. Kasey is underperforming. It's just the perfect storm.

Pockrass posted that O'Reilly Auto Parts will replace Duck Commander as the title sponsor of the Texas spring race. Good riddance.
Good riddance? To a sponsor that brings $5 million into the sport over 3 years, and all you have to endure is "Drivers, start your engines?" I guess maybe you are really, really wealthy and never have to worry about paying the bills and stuff, but sponsorship is important to the sport.

Good riddance? To a sponsor that brings $5 million into the sport over 3 years, and all you have to endure is "Drivers, start your engines?" I guess maybe you are really, really wealthy and never have to worry about paying the bills and stuff, but sponsorship is important to the sport.

Wealthy and ignorant to sports sponsorships, I am.

Before my post was edited by a mod(****** ridiculous) it showed my reasoning.

I don't need "God n guns" preached to me by a pretend hick reality TV star.

You know how hard it is to introduce this sport to people when the first thing they see is the exact stereotype we try and constantly conquer?

With them sponsoring the race, pre-race is the most embarrassing dog and pony show... The super obnoxious invocation, the terrible national anthem by one of the Robertson kids. It's like come on.....

And also, I would take an Auto Parts Chain over a duck call manufacturer any day of the week. Absolutely.

Wealthy and ignorant to sports sponsorships, I am.

Before my post was edited by a mod(******* ridiculous) it showed my reasoning.

You know how hard it is to introduce this sport to people when the first thing they see is the exact stereotype we try and constantly conquer?

With them sponsoring the race, pre-race is the most embarrassing dog and pony show... The super obnoxious invocation, the terrible national anthem by one of the Robertson kids. It's like come on.....

And also, I would take an Auto Parts Chain over a duck call manufacturer any day of the week. Absolutely.
OK, I can see your rationale now.:oops:

OK, I can see your rationale now.:oops:

Haha I guess I really drove it home didn't I? My bad.

I've been so annoyed with that noise the past couple years. Keep the politicking out of the ******* sport ya know?

ALSO TO ANY MODS OR POSTERS WHO MAY BE BUTTHURT BY MY POSTING ON THE MATTER:

If this is not some "random NASCAR stuff to talk about", I don't know what is. Don't be mad at me, be mad at NASCAR for introducing it.

The mute button is your friend. I use it often when something on TV irritates me or I know that It's going to bother me. To me they can say whatever they want. It's called freedom of speech. :cheers:

I wonder if Hendrick would consider helping Harvick revive KHI by setting him up with Germain?

Or maybe even Hendrick sets up a deal with Germain for another driver? That 13 car has solid sponsorship, if it can get better equipment and a good driver, it might be a solid little team.

I wonder if Hendrick would consider helping Harvick revive KHI by setting him up with Germain?

Or maybe even Hendrick sets up a deal with Germain for another driver? That 13 car has solid sponsorship, if it can get better equipment and a good driver, it might be a solid little team.
They have no interest in running a race team now that Keelan's around. They still have KHI to provide services for some MMA fighters and country music performers. A few others I'm forgetting.

They have no interest in running a race team now that Keelan's around. They still have KHI to provide services for some MMA fighters and country music performers. A few others I'm forgetting.

I'm still surprised that someone hasn't done an SHR/Hendrick or a FRR/JGR type deal with Germain. They don't get terrible results (given the equipment and driver) so I have to imagine that if Hendrick wanted someone badly enough, he could broker a deal with them to provide cars and equipment.

I'm still surprised that someone hasn't done an SHR/Hendrick or a FRR/JGR type deal with Germain. They don't get terrible results (given the equipment and driver) so I have to imagine that if Hendrick wanted someone badly enough, he could broker a deal with them to provide cars and equipment.
I think they're one of the teams RCR has a deal with, along with JTG-Daugherty. They've come a good ways in the past few years, maybe RCR will try to do some bigger things with them in the future.

I think they're one of the teams RCR has a deal with, along with JTG-Daugherty. They've come a good ways in the past few years, maybe RCR will try to do some bigger things with them in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them as a landing spot for Ty if Newman and Menard both re-up. It'd save RCR from sticking a rookie driver with a first year team.

^ Reading recent comments from Ryan Newman and from RCR management, I get the impression that Ty is "in" at RCR and Newman is "out" (unless sponsorship for a fourth car materializes). I could be wrong.

The mute button is your friend. I use it often when something on TV irritates me or I know that It's going to bother me. To me they can say whatever they want. It's called freedom of speech. :cheers:
Agreed. That's why I rarely turn a race on until two or three minutes before the green is scheduled (weather permitting). Exceptions are Martinsville (when I know I'll hear a marching band) and the August Bristol race.

Oh, Stewart Fan --- that paint scheme brings great memories of Bobby Labonte. :)
That scheme always reminds me of that great TV ad with #18 coming off turn 4, a window unit air conditioner hanging out the shotgun side, owner and chief in the back seat nuking nachos.

Couldn't find it, but did find this one:

"Currently, we're running third!"

That scheme always reminds me of that great TV ad with #18 coming off turn 4, a window unit air conditioner hanging out the shotgun side, owner and chief in the back seat nuking nachos.

Couldn't find it, but did find this one:

"Currently, we're running third!"

I think I remember the one you mean. I really liked it at the end when the microwave dings and Coach says Nacho's are ready! Loved it.

I am watching todays rained out truck practice, and they are airing The day we lost Dale Earnhardt or whatever the title was....as a filler.

I knew Ken Schrader got to Dale first, I remember it well. But I never thought about how bad it was for him. He talked to Richard Childress first and told him it was bad, he went to Michael Waltrip in victory lane and did the same.

Hearing Kenny tell about that, you could see the pain in face and hear it in his voice.

I am watching todays rained out truck practice, and they are airing The day we lost Dale Earnhardt or whatever the title was....as a filler.

I knew Ken Schrader got to Dale first, I remember it well. But I never thought about how bad it was for him. He talked to Richard Childress first and told him it was bad, he went to Michael Waltrip in victory lane and did the same.

Hearing Kenny tell about that, you could see the pain in face and hear it in his voice.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what Schrader saw he looked into Dale's car and how shocking it may have been.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what Schrader saw he looked into Dale's car and how shocking it may have been.
He was white as a ghost and had a "deer in the headlights" appearance during his on-air interview after the race ended. I never thought much of it at the time because I assumed Dale was fine.

He was white as a ghost and had a "deer in the headlights" appearance during his on-air interview after the race ended. I never thought much of it at the time because I assumed Dale was fine.
The pictures I saw of the inside of the car had blood spatters everywhere. It had to have been terrifying for Kenny.

So.....my girlfriend is getting her masters right now. In a fit of boredom, I decided to read one of her textbooks last night. There was a section of government waste and they reprinted a Heritage Foundation list (so students could critique it).

One of the examples of waste?

The FCC paying $250,000 to sponsor David Gillilland.

Poor David. It's not often that you're literally a textbook example of wasted money.

So.....my girlfriend is getting her masters right now. In a fit of boredom, I decided to read one of her textbooks last night. There was a section of government waste and they reprinted a Heritage Foundation list (so students could critique it).

One of the examples of waste?

The FCC paying $250,000 to sponsor David Gillilland.

Poor David. It's not often that you're literally a textbook example of wasted money.
Would have been great if he flashed his man boobs and cussed like a sailor during an interview while the FCC was sponsoring him.

I hope the other examples were more substantial. If the biggest example of the government waste they could find was a quarter-mill for the one-off sponsorship of a bottom-feeder race team, we'd be in great shape.

I hope the other examples were more substantial. If the biggest example of the government waste they could find was a quarter-mill for the one-off sponsorship of a bottom-feeder race team, we'd be in great shape.

I'll try to find a link to the full list (the book gave a link) when I get home and off my phone.

I sort of find this interesting, last night was the last time its going to be the "Sprint All Star Race", but yet no mention of it, and so far, I havent heard any mention from the at track coverage of Sprint is leaving. I wonder if NASCAR has asked them to not to talk about it.

Back
Top Bottom