Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Changing Charlotte schedule?
One of the hot rumors circulating over the two weeks at Charlotte Motor Speedway was condensing the All-Star Race and Coca-Cola 600 into one long weekend ending before Memorial Day. A popular scenario was running the All-Star activities on Thursday, trucks on Friday, Xfinity on Saturday and the 600on Sunday.

When O’Donnell was asked by Mike Bagley whether NASCAR has considered making the Coca-Cola 600 a Memorial Day show, he replied, “It’s an interesting concept. I have not personally had those discussions with Marcus (Smith, Speedway Motorsports Inc. president and chief operating officer). I can tell you, though, it’s always worked really well for the track.

“But Marcus is certainly an innovator and looking at things in the future, so that is a conversation we could have. Our immediate goal is to dial in that package for the night race. We like being the finale. We like the tradition built into that event. But it’s certainly a discussion we could have.”

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...-cup-package-following-lackluster-600-742429/

does nascar still have autograph sessions where the drivers sit at a long lunch table?

Dale Earnhardt Jr., Denny Hamlin, Aric Almirola and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. tested tires for Goodyear in what is expected to be the eighth and final scheduled test for 2016.

Stenhouse, who finished 13th last fall at the one-mile track, was pleased with the early results.

“I thought the (first) day went really well,” Stenhouse said. “The sun came out and was baking the track. Once we got rubber down, we went through seven or eight different sets of tires. I think we came up with the one that had good grip at the beginning of the run and it fell off at the end of the run — hoping that it falls off, People want tires but then people try to stay out and hopefully create better racing and more passing. More passing is what we’re looking for in our whole series right now — just better racing.

“I think coming to tire tests and trying to figure out tires, I think Goodyear is doing a good job at trying to come up with the best possible tire to make that happen.”
http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/goodyear-tire-test-takes-place-at-new-hampshire-742628/

b1d50ec4fa8d49c20f3382909949561d.png

More people watched Indy 500 than coke 600. The young talent in IndyCar rivals NASCAR'S young talent.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...etermination-to-take-next-step-in-nascar.html

Great article.

Listening to her speak about her career – her fondness for stock car racing and her intense desire to win at the Cup level – it's apparent that she is fully committed to success here. And not afraid to put in the work. She doesn't make excuses.

"For me, I've realized how important so many elements are to being successful," Patrick said. "It's not just the team, not just the driver, not just luck, it's all those things. Everything has to be on.

God those convertibles are ugly. Those pics have more fans than Midwestern truck races.

If Jeremy Clements, a hometown Southern boy can not secure a sponsor, you know it is bad, very bad.

People are disinclined to sponsor Mr. Clements because of racist comments he made in 2013. He was suspended for that behavior.

What else ya got to explain how bad, very bad it is?

Did Rusty Wallace lose his nationwide team for calling Bubba Wallace names? There are few new teams to enter the nationwide series
with a chance to be good.

Did Rusty Wallace lose his nationwide team for calling Bubba Wallace names? There are few new teams to enter the nationwide series
with a chance to be good.
Maybe I have my timelines all screwed up, but I thought Rusty's N'wide team folded before anybody had heard of Bubba. I also thought it folded for lack of sponsorship and a reputation tainted by the ripoff auto service company Rusty mistakenly partnered with. Silly me.

Maybe I have my timelines all screwed up, but I thought Rusty's N'wide team folded before anybody had heard of Bubba. I also thought it folded for lack of sponsorship and a reputation tainted by the ripoff auto service company Rusty mistakenly partnered with. Silly me.
I thought it was cause Stephen wrecked them out of business

Myth.

Steven didn't have it and the thing turned out to be way more work and way more trouble than Wallace figured it was worth. Far from the first race team owner to arrive at that conclusion.

Reactions: Pat
Myth.

Steven didn't have it and the thing turned out to be way more work and way more trouble than Wallace figured it was worth. Far from the first race team owner to arrive at that conclusion.

oh did russell twll you this/

Timing, NASCAR America ended up being the post race show lol, as there was no Race Hub , funny part, it was even reference on NASCAR America , just kind of funny how things work out.

Starting to think that FS1 canned Victory Lane, Its been like over a month since the last time it was on.

Maybe Bruton will decide to invite the Robertson clan to say a few words next. Bass Pro don't give a ****! Lol.
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom