The real championship thread

This is the could of, would of, should of, 20/20 hindsight thread..as the thread founder ol Jeb is fond of saying. $hit in one hand and wish in the other and see what fills up first..pretty much sums up this whole thread. :blink:
True, but it's fun to see where we'd be at if the point system never got ******.

I just seriously.. cannot understand why this is STILL being dragged out like it is. Yes guys we get it. You all hate the chase.

I just cant imagine that these ppl have actually been doing this for 10 years now... I'm getting tired of it just after 10 months from 2014. So they MUST be getting tired of complaining.. right? One can only hope lol
I've only been complaining this year, previous chases were OK, IMO.

I know us new-chase-haters have probably been a little annoying, but it's coming just as strong from your guys' end. This format has been getting crammed down our throats for the last 9 months, hence the pushback. I know you guys think it's awesome, but truth is a lot of fans can see right through this bullsh!t and are tuning out in droves. It may be a turd, but at least I guess it's an exciting turd.

I've only been complaining this year, previous chases were OK, IMO.

I know us new-chase-haters have probably been a little annoying, but it's coming just as strong from your guys' end. This format has been getting crammed down our throats for the last 9 months, hence the pushback. I know you guys think it's awesome, but truth is a lot of fans can see right through this bullsh!t and are tuning out in droves. It may be a turd, but at least I guess it's an exciting turd.
I honestly dont even see the big problem with a winless champion.

As far as the format.. it just intensifies the "What have you done for me lately?" mentality.. "Yeah, 5 regular season wins.. ****s the bed on the final restart."

You cant make mistakes.. period. There's nothing wrong with that imo.

I honestly dont even see the big problem with a winless champion.

As far as the format.. it just intensifies the "What have you done for me lately?" mentality.. "Yeah, 5 regular season wins.. ****s the bed on the final restart."

You cant make mistakes.. period. There's nothing wrong with that imo.
Well then hell, might as well extend the entire "Chase" field to all 43 drivers and crown the Homestead winner the champion. That'll really ramp up excitement. Because, as we all know, people only care about what happens at the end of the season ;)

I've only been complaining this yeanjr, previous chases were OK, IMO.

Thank you. The pro-Chasers push just as hard as we do.

My thing is, as long as the powers that be let us do so, we're all allowed to state our opinions on here. Slice, if you're tired of it, I really don't know what to tell you, man. Like I said in another thread, this debate just isn't gonna end anytime soon. Whenever the fire finally starts to die down, someone is right there waiting with a can of gasoline, be they pro-Chase or anti-Chase. Yes, both sides have stirred the pot.

I personally welcome and enjoy the debate. I can do without the occasional insults, but I doubt that they're gonna stop anytime soon either, so it's whatever.

My thing is, as long as the powers that be let us do so, we're all allowed to state our opinions on here. Slice, if you're tired of it, I really don't know what to tell you, man. Like I said in another thread, this debate just isn't gonna end anytime soon. Whenever the fire finally starts to die down, someone is right there waiting with a can of gasoline, be they pro-Chase or anti-Chase. Yes, both sides have stirred the pot.

I personally welcome and enjoy the debate. I can do without the occasional insults, but I doubt that they're gonna stop anytime soon either, so it's whatever.
I think you're being unreasonable and hurtful and should be ashamed. Take back what you said.

I think you're being unreasonable and hurtful and should be ashamed. Take back what you said.
You're right.

Please forgive me, for I have sinned. I am very ashamed, and I take it all back.

I'd like to formally apologize to Slice, and to everyone, for my egregiously offensive, unreasonable, and insensitive comments. Slice is 100% right, and I love the new Chase.

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

You're right.

Please forgive me, for I have sinned. I am very ashamed, and I take it all back.

I'd like to formally apologize to Slice, and to everyone, for my egregiously offensive, unreasonable, and insensitive comments. Slice is 100% right, and I love the new Chase.

I think I just threw up in my mouth.
That's better!
:XXROFL:

This format has been getting crammed down our throats for the last 9 months, hence the pushback.

[quote="Mr. Gregory, post: 861304, member: 7401

My thing is, as long as the powers that be let us do so, we're all allowed to state our opinions on here. .[/quote]

bless ya'll's little hearts .
ya run outa logic .....so now ya tryin tha sympathy angle .
. :D:D

Last edited:

That's my thing.. ppl still get angry about it. I agree it's a fun debate.... but there are no new arguments on my side... its still just as awesome as it always was.... I guess I do look forward to finding out what the new anti chase thread will be called each week lol... I just really dont think Newman has a chance. Its like every week these people come up with someone else who has the cup locked up and some reason to complain about that. In my opinion it wouldn't matter if Matt and Newman both made the final race... they still wont win. They're just not fast enough... theyre fast enough to make it here, and run top 10/top 5 every week... that wont win u this championship unless ur relying on others' misfortune.

bless ya'll's little hearts .
ya run outa logic .....so now ya tryin tha sympathy angle .
. :D:D
LOL. Not even, hawg.

I just keep hearing some of y'all talking about how tired you guys are of hearing our criticism. You don't see me complaining about being tired of hearing all the pro-Chase talk, because as I said, everyone's allowed to say what they want to say whether I like it or not.

To be fair, there's not really much new ground to tread on either side of this war, and there hasn't been for a while. It's just fun to fight. Sometimes you just want to ball up your e-fist and bust somebody in their e-nose, y'know? :bigfight:

That's my thing.. ppl still get angry about it. I agree it's a fun debate.... but there are no new arguments on my side... its still just as awesome as it always was.... I guess I do look forward to finding out what the new anti chase thread will be called each week lol... I just really dont think Newman has a chance. Its like every week these people come up with someone else who has the cup locked up and some reason to complain about that. In my opinion it wouldn't matter if Matt and Newman both made the final race... they still wont win. They're just not fast enough... theyre fast enough to make it here, and run top 10/top 5 every week... that wont win u this championship unless ur relying on others' misfortune.
Y'know, some of those anti-Chase threads start as pro-Chase threads. Like I said, y'all stir the pot just as much as we do. ;)

I personally think we should just have one massive Chase thread as a sticky, like the Random NASCAR thread. I don't know if our war could just be contained to one thread, though. And besides, if we did that, what else would we talk about on the rest of the board?

Last edited:
Y'know, some of those anti-Chase threads start as pro-Chase threads. Like I said, y'all stir the pot just as much as we do. ;)

I personally think we should just have one massive Chase thread as a sticky, like the Random NASCAR thread. I don't know if our war could just be contained to one thread, though. And besides, if we did that, what else would we talk about on the rest of the board?
Joey Logano

Yep, but the other two could easily have a problem. Others usually do tend to have misfortune, and this format absolutely kills a driver for having an instance of bad luck. That would leave Matt and Ryan battling for 19th position in the closing laps, the higher finishing mid-pack driver taking home the championship while somebody more "deserving" (Kevin, Joey, etc.) sits in the garage. That's exactly the problem with this format that nobody (other than you, apparently) likes.

LOL. Not even, hawg.

I just keep hearing some of y'all talking about how tired you guys are of hearing our criticism. You don't see me complaining about being tired of hearing all the pro-Chase talk, because as I said, everyone's allowed to say what they want to say whether I like it or not.

To be fair, there's not really much new ground to tread on either side of this war, and there hasn't been for a while. It's just fun to fight. Sometimes you just want to ball up your e-fist and bust somebody in their e-nose, y'know? :bigfight:

just jest mg. which you understand ......others don't .
if ya don't toss it around a bit verbally ......everybody leaves w/ same attitude they entered w/ ! ..

excitement is what nascar needed in '14 . that's what we gettin w/ new format.
better racin each week !
who figured jr for martinsville win ? not even brian could mfg that !

'14 chase is gonna be good for nascar.........regardless of who wins tha cup. !

who figured jr for martinsville win ? not even brian could mfg that !
Jr has been competitive at Mville since he was in the 8 car. Personally, I'm surprised he hasnt won there earlier. Its not like Landon Cassil pulled one out of the hat.

Unofficial Top 25 in 2014 Sprint Cup Driver Points Standings (not the Chase):
[after Texas, race 34 of 36]
(using current points system, but not the Chase rules, unofficial)
1) #24-Jeff Gordon(C4), 1175
2) #22-Joey Logano(C1), 1149, -26
3) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.(EC), 1108, -67
4) #2-Brad Keselowski(C7), 1098, -77
5) #4-Kevin Harvick(C8), 1076, -99
6) #31-Ryan Newman(C3), 1060, -115
7) #20-Matt Kenseth(C5), 1052, -123
8) #48-Jimmie Johnson(EC), 1027, -148
9) #99-Carl Edwards(C6), 1020, -155
10) #42-Kyle Larson, 1018, -157
11) #16-Greg Biffle(EC), 962, -213
12) #18-Kyle Busch(EC), 954, -221
13) #1-Jamie McMurray, 945, -230
14) #15-Clint Bowyer, 939, -236
15) #3-Austin Dillon, 933, -242
16) #5-Kasey Kahne(EC), 911, -264
17) #11-Denny Hamlin(C2), 909, -266
18) #27-Paul Menard, 883, -292
19) #55-Brian Vickers, 875, -300
20) #41-Kurt Busch(EC), 840, -335
21) #47-AJ Allmendinger(EC), 836, -339
22) #9-Marcos Ambrose, 821, -354
23) #78-Martin Truex Jr., 798, -377
24) #14-Tony Stewart, 774, -401
25) #43-Aric Almirola(EC), 769, -406

I really hope Joey goes and wins the cup under all 3 of the current active formats so everyone can shut up lol

Denny Hamlin: 17th in points without the Chase. Tied for the points lead in the current format.

And some wonder why people debate the validity of this chase.

Now, I'll just wait for someone to post the "real, real" points in this thread.

Denny Hamlin: 17th in points without the Chase. Tied for the points lead in the current format.

And some wonder why people debate the validity of this chase.

Now, I'll just wait for someone to post the "real, real" points in this thread.
nascar.com does just that each week.

That site never works for me, so I have to rely on you guys. ;)
Since you seem to be asking.

The actual point standings after Texas.

Untitled.jpg

Back
Top Bottom