Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like an EGOMANIAC
157cc8b19227406588604a77a487bfd7653baacecf1f8bca9a438b6d9a55c7f6.jpg

Looks like the face of a man who regrets driving around in his home town during the off-season in a Cadillac HEARSE. With this painted on the rear door.......

Nothing wrong with hearses.

Personally, I'm glad to see Smoke coming back, and I'm glad he's still eligible for the Chase, even though I think it's a joke of a way to determine a champion.

Folks, let's not get personal. If you have a problem with someone's posts, click their name, hit "Ignore" .

You are taking the bait --- hook, line, and sinker.

*removes Admin hat*
Personally, I find those posts in bad taste, also --- but, the poster is entitled to
their opinion.
*puts Admin hat back on*

Have you ever tried to sleep next to a water heater? Man, that made me laugh...

Folks, let's not get personal. If you have a problem with someone's posts, click their name, hit "Ignore" .

You are taking the bait --- hook, line, and sinker.

*removes Admin hat*
Personally, I find those posts in bad taste, also --- but, the poster is entitled to
their opinion.
*puts Admin hat back on*

Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if in poor taste I guess.

Tony looked like this incident has taken its toll. I thought the first part of his statement was sincere, the rest was a prepared statement (as is required these days). I think the best thing for Tony is to get into a car. I take Tony for his word (he has earned that from me) that the story will be told in time. I have learned from instant news that it takes time for news to play out and Tony's story will play out at a longer than an instant media cycle.

On a lighter side (take it in the humor as it is intended):
We have a Days of Thunder moment coming up. ...you know the scene. Can he drive through it...

I’m glad he decided to return and not just hang it up and retire. Getting back into the 14 is probably the best therapy possible for someone like him. While the situations are not completely identical, I am reminded of Ernie Irvan’s comeback in the 90’s when after a near fatal accident at Michigan speedway, he came back to win a race there 3 years or so later. That was a really exciting race to watch.

Hopefully Tony can have as robust a comeback as well.

Last edited:
I realize he wrote it, but is was prepared to some degree as he referred to a written text - that is what I ment.

Yes, it according to one of the media, it was a crumpled piece of paper he pulled out of his pocket.

Posted by Marty Smith on Facebook ---

I wondered how authentic Tony Stewart's statement was. Did he write it? Or did a lawyer? So I asked ->

"I can confirm, 100 percent, that Tony Stewart wrote that himself, unedited," Stewart Haas Racing Executive Vice President Brett Frood told me. "And yes, you can tell them I said it."

Last edited:
Not me...Im hoping he hits the wall hard and KARMA takes it's course...He should understand the 2 most recents signs he has been given...The third incident should really teach him a lesson............

Negative Karma is bad medicine, wishing ill on other's will bare furit only on your tree.

My big concern is the time it is taking on the investigation.

Small town politics and a witch hunt going on is my theory at this time. Taking way to long to wrap this up. Maybe it is pure incompetence on the part of the investigators at the sheriffs office. Whatever it is this is taking way too much time.

Small town politics and a witch hunt going on is my theory at this time. Taking way to long to wrap this up. Maybe it is pure incompetence on the part of the investigators at the sheriffs office. Whatever it is this is taking way too much time.
They may be waiting until everybody involved has went through the initial grief periods.

SOMETIMES...That means their giving the defendant and their legal team time to mull over a plea deal...Like if they were going to indict him on involuntary vehicular manslaughter charges, the prosecutors will offer a chance at a plea with reduced jail time...

SOMETIMES...That means their giving the defendant and their legal team time to mull over a plea deal...Like if they were going to indict him on involuntary vehicular manslaughter charges, the prosecutors will offer a chance at a plea with reduced jail time...

upload_2014-8-29_21-34-10.jpeg

It is my opinion that the reason that the Ontario County Sheriff's Dept. is taking so long with the Stewart/Ward investigation is simply because it has become such a high profile incident. I believe that the investigators are taking their time so that nobody can say that they overlooked something. It is also my opinion that Tony Stewart will be cleared of any and all wrong doing or negligence with regard to the unfortunate death of Kevin Ward.

I'll bet damn near every single person in the Cup garage made their way over to Tony at some point to shake his hand and welcome him back. I know I would have.
I'm certain he was warmly welcomed back. I hope that gave him some comfort. I hope that Tony's words during his press conference gave the Ward family some comfort.

I have no clue what the end result of this investigation will come up with. It just seems to me if they had anything at all they could prove, charges would have already been filed while the investigation continued.

I sure would hate for the Ward family to keep reliving this terrible event over and over. The Sheriff department is probably just making sure that they can't be held liable for screwing up some crucial piece of evidence. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to get caught up in the ****e storm if somehow the investigation is/was botched up.

A month is nothing in a death investigation.

Caley Anthony was last seen on 16 June 2008. Casey Anthony was formally charged with murder on 14 October 2008 and was acquitted in July of 2010.

Trayvon Martin was killed on 26 February 2012. George Zimmerman was formally charged with his death on 11 Aprill 2012 and was acquitted in July of 2013.

Murder and accidental death always have those peskily little things like "FACTS" that separate the two. It don't take a blind man walking by the fish market to know he hasn't reached the barber shop yet.

I'm sure they are looking at every video clip frame by frame. For lack of a better term Ward "charged" down the track towards Tony's car. I would have a difficult time finding Tony guilty. I'd also have a hard time finding anyone else guilty under similar circumstances.

Not me...Im hoping he hits the wall hard and KARMA takes it's course...He should understand the 2 most recents signs he has been given...The third incident should really teach him a lesson............
I don't think this is an opinion. A poster that wishes a driver hits the wall hard and insinuates that he hopes he dies has gone way overboard. Now that is an opinion and It's mine.

Only a heartless brain dead person would wish for another person to die. I am in total disgust of anyone who would even think it, let alone say it.

What can anyone say when they read tripe such as posted wishing harm and insinuating Tony Stewart should lose his life. It is an indicator of a persons true character by showing how low some people will go to get their five seconds (or less) of notorious recognition.

I hope, for eveyones' sake, the fans who do not see Tony as a favorite will take the high road and instead of jeering, will cheer and welcome Tony back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom