Truck RACE thread --- Bristol

I had the race on mute so I didn't hear the announcers but the only issue I had was that they had to go to commerical between the 20 min caution clock? How does that work, you can't even get 20 mins of coverage uninterrupted? Most of the time the cautions come out before the caution clock anyway so it is a 20 min maximum between commericals and they still can't make that? That's my only gripe cause I couldn't hear anything, but that really got under my skin last night.
Unfortunately, the clock has nothing to do with the time between commercials.

At the start of the season, NASCAR implemented a 20-minute caution clock for just the Truck series only. The clock starts counting down when the green flag waves. If a caution is called for a normal racing reason (debris, accident, etc.), the clock resets to 20:00 when they go back to green racing again. If there have been no cautions before the clock reaches 0:00, then a caution is called regardless and the clock is reset to 20:00.

My opinion is it is a gimmick used to interrupt green flag racing and artificially bunch the field back up. I think most people here agree, and many fans and race participants are worried NASCAR will eventually use a clock in the Xfinity and Cup series.

Unfortunately, the clock has nothing to do with the time between commercials.

At the start of the season, NASCAR implemented a 20-minute caution clock for just the Truck series only. The clock starts counting down when the green flag waves. If a caution is called for a normal racing reason (debris, accident, etc.), the clock resets to 20:00 when they go back to green racing again. If there have been no cautions before the clock reaches 0:00, then a caution is called regardless and the clock is reset to 20:00.

My opinion is it is a gimmick used to interrupt green flag racing and artificially bunch the field back up. I think most people here agree, and many fans and race participants are worried NASCAR will eventually use a clock in the Xfinity and Cup series.

Yeah I understand the caution clock. My point is, why do they need commercials during green flag racing when there are only 20 minutes of green flag racing at a time, maximum. FS1 has to show commericals less than 20 mins at a time? It seemed like they were showing commercials every 6-8 mins. That's insane and it really makes them look bad now that there is a clock on the screen in which viewers can tell exactly how long ago a commerical break took place.

Yeah I understand the caution clock. My point is, why do they need commercials during green flag racing when there are only 20 minutes of green flag racing at a time, maximum. FS1 has to show commericals less than 20 mins at a time? It seemed like they were showing commercials every 6-8 mins. That's insane and it really makes them look bad now that there is a clock on the screen in which viewers can tell exactly how long ago a commerical break took place.

It's gotten so bad that even when they come back from a commercial break they immediately go to a bottom and side banner ad, as if they didn't just spend enough time wasting 8 laps on ads. The worst part is this isn't just happening during the race broadcast, they are doing it during Racehub as well. Seriously? we can't even watch a talk show without getting bombarded with ads? What other sport treats their fans this poorly?

Why I keep saying "TV Timeouts" won't work as long as Fox Sports is broadcasting NASCAR.

If NASCAR says caution will come out in six minutes, Fox will cut to commercial right now and then come back and stay on air during the whole caution to discuss pit stops and pit strategy and go to the "Hollywood Hotel" so Chris Myers and Michael Waltrip can ramble on about nothing.

They did this at Daytona one year. Same year, they implemented side-by-side coverage but only used side-by-side during cautions. When they went back to green flag racing, full screen commercials were back.

Good point, sport Greco Roman wrestling treats there fans better with clearances at dick's if you have your ID.

I get my Greco Roman equipment at Barney's in New York.

A lot more expensive but the sales girls are cute.

These races are always good, at night, at BRISTOL, yeah buddy.:D

I was able to watch all but the last 10 laps (DVR timed out due to rain delay):mad:, but, that's alright.

I thought Byron did one hell of a job, it would seem, that boy is going to be something else. I believe some people are just plain born with the ability.:booya:

Glad a new winner got to victory lane, plus, there was only Truck regulars in the field. They done good. :salute:

Back
Top Bottom