Well, Denny Hamlin is saltier than the Dead Sea..

I am convinced that the culture of NASCAR is its own worst enemy. The fans talk about this sh!t. The media talks more about this sh!t. Meanwhile, we have a great discussion about Kyle's tire issue which is the kind of thing we should be talking about (see KDB Tire Sabotage thread). Same deal with Austin's win. This is a solid Daytona win. A surprise. Late race pass. Battling another surprise for the win. Bubba in second. The 3 to Victory Lane. All of it good (unless you are a Toyota homer like me), but no, it's reduced to bitching about a driver supposedly taking someone out, Adderal, blah, blah. This sport simply cannot save itself from itself.

People have been talking about rough driving/winning at any cost, since the first wheel turned. It isn't isolated to only Nascar. For instance anybody been around long enough to remember Little Al and Fitty at Indy? or A.J. popping luyendyk, up side the head? how about Hold my watch? They have a shoving match almost every week on Street Outlaws.

I mean there was an in car video from Denny's car that shows him on the yellow line and then Bubba door slams him. There are two pops. The first from the door slam and the second presumably from Denny's tire. His car then heads for the fence and they continue on. I don't think Denny is lying here. I think Bubba is more then okay with slamming a guy coming to the line for position and I think most fans should be fine with it too. If these guys want to sit back and scream and fight then let's sit back and watch it happen. Denny is more then secure in his job. I'm sure he is living perfectly fine. His comments on Twitter are spot on. There are so many people who think they know something when they really have no clue. I like that he fires back at people. Someone needs to.

I mean there was an in car video from Denny's car that shows him on the yellow line and then Bubba door slams him. There are two pops. The first from the door slam and the second presumably from Denny's tire. His car then heads for the fence and they continue on. I don't think Denny is lying here. I think Bubba is more then okay with slamming a guy coming to the line for position and I think most fans should be fine with it too. If these guys want to sit back and scream and fight then let's sit back and watch it happen. Denny is more then secure in his job. I'm sure he is living perfectly fine. His comments on Twitter are spot on. There are so many people who think they know something when they really have no clue. I like that he fires back at people. Someone needs to.
He's still an idiot.. was before this and will be after this.

If you watch Hamlin in relation to the yellow line, he was driving the 43 into the wall before any tire went down. Heh heh Bubba did rattle his cage though. Hamlin never tried to get off him after it either.

Did I say you couldn't? Reading is a skill.

Nerve hit.
Troll on

Don't worry he has too many nerves as it is.. like egg shells strewn about the forum.. except they don't hurt when you step on them :D
See previous

Gonna call bs on the “second pop” being his tire. If it was an immediate blowout at 200mph we’d see the RF fender blow up as well and have a more direct line to the wall. Denny’s tire didnt go down until he nailed Bubba to the wall and traveled down the back with a major tire rub.

Gonna call bs on the “second pop” being his tire. If it was an immediate blowout at 200mph we’d see the RF fender blow up as well and have a more direct line to the wall. Denny’s tire didnt go down until he nailed Bubba to the wall and traveled down the back with a major tire rub.
This. ^^^^

Hamlin lost it in the heat of battle and blamed it on his tire as he was trying his best to grind Bubba's car into the wall. He should have told the truth, he had no problem telling fans they are idiots, grow a pair..and then after he is pissed he confronts Bubba and cusses him out and then says he is mad about Bubba's adderal crack. Be Kenseth..will ya. Try to put him in a headlock and see what happens, at least it would be a true reaction instead of all the B.S.

We will just have to disagree on it because we are all pontificating at this point. I completely disagree with anyone who says Hamlin came up. The video clearly shows him holding his line and Bubba coming down. There are also two distinct pops in the video. If one is the tire I can understand why one would expect a fender to explode. We don't really know because we weren't in the cars. I think everyone agrees that Bubba door slammed Denny. I think everyone will agree they heard two distinct pops and I think we can all agree that Denny's character has reason to be questioned. I don't know if Denny is lying or not about he Adderall deal. I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I think that spinning things after the realization that he spoke out of turn could be an option.

I guess I don't understand the overwhelming hatred for all that Denny does, yet the Bubba train is full force. Look, I get that Denny doesn't endear himself to anyone and that it is easy to dislike the guy and I get that Bubba is passionate and NASCAR hard core fans love him. What bugs me is the biased nature of NASCAR fans. If Bubba was the guy that was door slammed most of you would be in an uproar because it was Denny. However, because it is Bubba, everyone is googly eyed over it and it is acceptable.

I don't mind either guy beating on each other. Was it necessary? No, not in my opinion. Not for 2nd place, but they did it and it is entertaining.

We will just have to disagree on it because we are all pontificating at this point. I completely disagree with anyone who says Hamlin came up. The video clearly shows him holding his line and Bubba coming down. There are also two distinct pops in the video. If one is the tire I can understand why one would expect a fender to explode. We don't really know because we weren't in the cars. I think everyone agrees that Bubba door slammed Denny. I think everyone will agree they heard two distinct pops and I think we can all agree that Denny's character has reason to be questioned. I don't know if Denny is lying or not about he Adderall deal. I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I think that spinning things after the realization that he spoke out of turn could be an option.

I guess I don't understand the overwhelming hatred for all that Denny does, yet the Bubba train is full force. Look, I get that Denny doesn't endear himself to anyone and that it is easy to dislike the guy and I get that Bubba is passionate and NASCAR hard core fans love him. What bugs me is the biased nature of NASCAR fans. If Bubba was the guy that was door slammed most of you would be in an uproar because it was Denny. However, because it is Bubba, everyone is googly eyed over it and it is acceptable.

I don't mind either guy beating on each other. Was it necessary? No, not in my opinion. Not for 2nd place, but they did it and it is entertaining.

I think I anyway look at the replay and see Hamlin fading to the right from incar, and network and he doesn't get off him. In car you can hear the tire squealing until he gets off of Bubba. I've never bought into second place is the first loser, this isn't drag racing, but instead into the dig for the best finish you can get philosophy. another thing, I have watched Denny every since he stepped into a nascar. My opinion has many years to judge what kind of driver he is. 14 years of watching him race.

Hamlin: and Bubba, this year, and Chase, Blaney, cheated up Darlington car, Burton was calling for him to be disqualified, and Truex..this is just last year, Danica and Joey, none of these have been his fault when he tells it. :D

I made this a few years back when he got into it with Joey.. took some digging but I was able to find it again.. I figure it's about time it resurfaced :D
Screenshot_20180221-184903~2.png

For those non South Park fans.. this is the receiving of the "Biggest Douche in the Universe" award

plausible deniability

The ability to deny blame because evidence does not exist to confirm responsibility for an action. The lack of evidence makes the denial credible, or plausible. The use of the tactic implies forethought, such as intentionally setting up the conditions to plausibly avoid responsibility for one’s future actions.

LMAO!

plausible deniability

The ability to deny blame because evidence does not exist to confirm responsibility for an action. The lack of evidence makes the denial credible, or plausible. The use of the tactic implies forethought, such as intentionally setting up the conditions to plausibly avoid responsibility for one’s future actions.

LMAO!
Like how Truex blew his tires out after every mile and a half win last season? :D

I need to ship a package tonight. Thanks Denny for making the decision to go with UPS an easy one.

If you watch Hamlin in relation to the yellow line, he was driving the 43 into the wall before any tire went down. Heh heh Bubba did rattle his cage though. Hamlin never tried to get off him after it either.
That video shown denny glued to the line before and during initial contact. You high??

I think I anyway look at the replay and see Hamlin fading to the right from incar, and network and he doesn't get off him. In car you can hear the tire squealing until he gets off of Bubba. I've never bought into second place is the first loser, this isn't drag racing, but instead into the dig for the best finish you can get philosophy. another thing, I have watched Denny every since he stepped into a nascar. My opinion has many years to judge what kind of driver he is. 14 years of watching him race.

I have been watching him for that same exact amount of time. It's funny how two people watching the same guy for the same amount of time can have to differing opinions on the same incident. Hence my previous comment. I know Denny's rep doesn't garner him the benefit of the doubt amongst people, but we do not know what happened with that tire. We hear two pops. Now presumably at that speed the tire pops the fender should as well. but is it impossible for the tire to go down and that fender to not explode?

My whole point in this is that if roles were reversed and Denny came down on Bubba and slammed his door for second place and Bubba fences Denny it would be a completely different narrative. It's understandable that people do not like Denny, it's understandable that one would think twice before believing him, but the sheer lack of ability to be objective and non biased by people is ridiculous.

There is absolutely no contact until Bubba initiates it with the door slam. After that we just do not know.

personally I wouldn't use the "it would be different if it was the other guy" because that didn't happen. Bubba doesn't have much of a history in the sport, but Hamlin has a history and he continues to add to it.

Wallace's comments will be more powerful if he ever becomes greater the his Daytona finish. Right now, his mouth is more impressive than his speed. Danica 2.0.

Back
Top Bottom