Who do you root for? The Driver, the organization, the manufacturer?

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Just curious. Do you root for a driver, the organization, the manufacturer?

I've always been a fan of drivers. No secret that my favorite is Dale Jr. That being the case though, I don't root for the HMS organization because of it or others just because they're in a Chevy. I don't really care about who someone drives for or what badge is on the front of the car. Where do your loyalties lie?

Driver ............................. I dont care what he drives as long as he drives.I do root for the trucks that my driver owns though

Kind of a blend of all 3. I root for the Toyota guys obviously, but I also like a lot of the Ford and Chevy drivers as well. I usually pull for the 48 when the Yodas aren't in contention.

Kind of a blend of all 3. I root for the Toyota guys obviously, but I also like a lot of the Ford and Chevy drivers as well. I usually pull for the 48 when the Yodas aren't in contention.

So you been a 48 fan all year then :D

I like the driver, I honestly don't care what he or she drives.

When it comes to what I would drive on the road, I'm a GM guy(Only Ford I would drive is a Mustang) but I was a Jeff Burton fan for years and didn't give a dang he was a Ford driver. My favorite is Jr which I think is easy to tell.

Interesting question...

I like red cars, blue, white, yellow, green and black cars. I also like orange cars but primer is another favorite...;)

Driver. But I also cheer for her teammates. Was pretty darn excited when harv won

i follow a driver who started with an organization i follow. i mean i pull for my (1)driver 1st and then it falls back to my (2)favorite team, and then from the team it goes to (3)favorite car number. the manufacturer doesn't enter my mind.

1) Ryan Newman
2) Penske
3) 2...Because of Rusty Wallace my all time favorite driver

Driver(s).

No doubt, but I respect their tteammates as well.

Well except for Jeffrey Earnhardt because well... Do I have to elaborate?

When I first started ( 70's) it was driver and Manf. no teams, Now its Driver only.

Good question , I do think back then most were drivers and manf.

1) Driver
2) the organization
3) just whoever is the strongest during the race.

I don't really do brand loyalty when it comes to cars. The only cars I do trust is Ford and Toyota. I don't touch any GM cars.

1) Driver
2) the organization
3) just whoever is the strongest during the race.

I don't really do brand loyalty when it comes to cars. The only cars I do trust is Ford and Toyota. I don't touch any GM cars.
You root for whoever is strongest during the race?

JJ drives one of those GM cars where shiftera fall off :D

always been a bowtie guy nothing but bowties in the garage and driveway., after DALE just went with the GM teams. anyone with a bowtie in victory lane is ok with me.
don't care for Roush and hated JGR going to Toyota.

Always been a Jr fan, sadly.... Before this year he only won 5 times in 8 years after I started rooting for him. First race I watched was the 04 EA sports 500, which he won, so I had to be a Jr fan. Always liked Bobby Labonte as well, thought he had a cool car growing up. I was crushed when he lost the 05 Coke 600 to JJ.

Always been a Chevy guy too, never liked anyone from Roush or Robert Yates, not really sure why. Toyota and Dodge are just meh, to me.

Driver.. but I also prefer my driver's team and manufacturer over others as well... If it's not Joey that's going to win... I'd prefer it be Brad or someone else in a Ford... but it was the same when he drove a Toyota for JGR.

Always been a Jr fan, sadly.... Before this year he only won 5 times in 8 years after I started rooting for him. First race I watched was the 04 EA sports 500, which he won, so I had to be a Jr fan. Always liked Bobby Labonte as well, thought he had a cool car growing up. I was crushed when he lost the 05 Coke 600 to JJ.

Always been a Chevy guy too, never liked anyone from Roush or Robert Yates, not really sure why. Toyota and Dodge are just meh, to me.
I was at that race, was already a Jr fan so getting to see him win live was awesome. So that's awesome that's the first race you watched.

I root for all 3...I do find the competition between manufacturers very interesting although its certainly not like it was in the heyday.

I've always had a keen interest in the technology side of the sport, so I really enjoy learning about the various nuances of the different manufacturers.

Driver mainly but I like all manufacturers but Chevrolet>Toyota>Ford

Excited to see Edwards in a Toyota but honestly could care less what he drives.

1. Manufacturer
2. Manufacturer
3. Manufacturer

I was at that race, was already a Jr fan so getting to see him win live was awesome. So that's awesome that's the first race you watched.
I had the fun of attending both of Junior's first wins --- Busch at Texas, Cup at Texas. :) The crowd went totally nuts both times.

I have my drivers I cheer for, but I will also cheer for SHR as a whole mainly because Tony and Kevin are my main drivers, so I like to see Kurt and Danica do good too.

The team/manufacturer has an influence, but I'm all about the driver. I don't care if Gordon races a Daihatsu, he'll always be my favorite. I always liked the Labonte brothers a lot, and it didn't bother me when Terry drove a Ford and Bobby drove a Toyota, despite me being a big Chevy/GM guy. I still rooted for them.

I favor the Chevy teams and I'm a biased Hendrick fan, but I'm a fan of the drivers first and foremost. And I'll always enjoy seeing smaller teams do well despite what manufacturer they run. I may not care for Ford but it's impossible to root against underdogs like the Wood Brothers and Front Row.

I used to root primarily for drivers. But it hurt too much that they kept dying so I stopped... wondered if I might be jinxing them. Although I do make an exception for any driver I'm working for.
And I do root for underdogs, especially ones that are having a good race.
I used to root for a manufacturer (Pontiac) but when they quit racing I didn't replace them. Before Pontiac quit already the cars were so far removed from what you could buy at a dealership that I felt it was pointless to root for a manufacturer, and I only stuck with Pontiac because of tradition.
Lately I've been pretty passive about rooting for anybody, and may even switch to something else if there isn't much action.

I used to care about manufacturer. For example, when Penske went fromFord to Dodge, I was a Rusty fan. I couldn't make that switch. So Kurt became my driver. Then Kurt switched to Rusty's ride, and it came full circle for me, so I said screw it. Well, that and the fact that my wife threatened to kick my ass if I switched drivers again with all the money I had tied up in Kurt merchandise and memorabilia.

Nowadays, all the cars are the damn same except the sticker on the front, so I don't care who they drive for or what they drive. It's all about the driver for me now.

Driver. Grew up a Bill Elliott and Rusty Wallace fan. Then Kurt Busch all the back when he drove the 97 Ford, through the 2 Dodge, to Chevy. Chase Elliott now too.

Back
Top Bottom