Who's in Denny's head?

Kurt's having a meltdown because he's being outrun by his teammate.

Denny's still having a mental meltdown after last year.

Kahne's always had difficulty "sealing the deal".

I say we buy some popcorn and a drink, put all 3 in an empty theater and yell fire. THAT would be entertaining.

lets bump this thread in a year.

Kahne isn't a personal favorite, but the smack talk is ridiculous. No way his record stands without a lot of talent.

Kahne isn't a personal favorite, but the smack talk is ridiculous. No way his record stands without a lot of talent.

+10 and if one year doesn't pan out lets fire Kenny Francis and see you in 2

First off I admire KKfan for having so much faith in his driver. That being said, if Nascar were the WWE Kasey would be what we call a mid carder. He's decent enough but not main event material.

A "mid carder" in pro wrestling is a PERFECT illustration of guys like Kahne, Hamlin etc... (BTW, I love that WWE stuff! LOL)

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, or sound like a jerk, but again I say..WHAT RECORD? I mean if someone can hit us with some stats that shows Kahne is this "overly talented, top notch" driver...then fine....but outside of one or two decent years, what has he done?

A "mid carder" in pro wrestling is a PERFECT illustration of guys like Kahne, Hamlin etc... (BTW, I love that WWE stuff! LOL)

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, or sound like a jerk, but again I say..WHAT RECORD? I mean if someone can hit us with some stats that shows Kahne is this "overly talented, top notch" driver...then fine....but outside of one or two decent years, what has he done?

Kahne's not in the same ballpark as Gordon, Johnson, Kryle, Harv, Martin, Stewart. Hell, he's not even in the same sport as them.

I used to not pay much attention to Kahne. Now that he is moving to Hendrick I'm paying attention.

He had one win in 2005.

Six wins in 2006. That's a good year by anyone's standards.

No wins in 2007.

Two points wins in 2008. One non-points win.

Two wins in 2009.

His only win in 2010 was the Gatorade Duel #2, a non-points race.

No wins this year.

I'm still not a fan but his 2006 year proves he can drive. Or he used to be able to... we shall see I guess.

I love how you picked one driver out of that list and called BS lol

I used to not pay much attention to Kahne. Now that he is moving to Hendrick I'm paying attention.

He had one win in 2005.

Six wins in 2006. That's a good year by anyone's standards.

No wins in 2007.

Two points wins in 2008. One non-points win.

Two wins in 2009.

His only win in 2010 was the Gatorade Duel #2, a non-points race.

No wins this year.

I'm still not a fan but his 2006 year proves he can drive. Or he used to be able to... we shall see I guess.

Hmmm...that list looks ALOT like another driver who moved to Hendrick and everyone said would burn down the track in Mr. H's equipment...just replace the year 2006 with 2004.....how did that work out?

Do you really want to go there? Really? :rolleyes:

Comparing Kasey Kahne to Mark Martin would be like comparing Phil Parsons to Darrell Waltrip, or Jimmy Spencer to Jeff Gordon, or Reed Sorenson to Kyle Busch.

2011 Mark Martin is not 1990's Mark Martin

I love how you picked one driver out of that list and called BS lol

Hmmm...that list looks ALOT like another driver who moved to Hendrick and everyone said would burn down the track in Mr. H's equipment...just replace the year 2006 with 2004.....how did that work out?

You must mean Vickers. Yeah... that didn't work out so well.

Funny, two years ago (before Hendrick moved everyone around to help Jr), Martin ran ****. Do you really believe he forgot how to drive during the offseason?

Yep happens all the time

If Mark and Kasey got in the exact same cars, Mark would run circles around Kasey.

No doubt Mark is one of the best drivers in NASCAR history that never won the Cup. He finished second in points 5 times. Has 40 wins, which ties him with Tim Flock for 17th on the all time wins list. There are only three current drivers that have more wins than Mark, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie, and Tony. I'd say Mark has had a great career!

If Mark and Kasey got in the exact same cars, Mark would run circles around Kasey.

Ok deal you contact the drivers and I'll find the cars, which I choose as sprint cars.

More like a pointless horse. I only said he was a strong talent, never said he was the best. Maybe you are letting passion, a nice word for hatred overrule reason, otherwise I can’t see any rationale for not admitting he is a talented driver, whether liked or not.

The WWE smack doesn’t qualify as fact, just drivel to distort matters. A mid packer would place Kahne’s career accomplishments as a 20-25th place record. Just looking at COT wins ties him for 10th best, in rides nowhere near the caliber of Hendrick, Childress, Gibbs, Penske, or Rousch cars ( a point that any fool should easily grasp) (the used COT record was the one that is supposedly so damaging)

Furthermore if I was as wreckless with what is a documented history, I could make tons of inflammatory smack points to inflame, and distort. A demonstration follows:

Since the COT stats matters so much try this:

Johnson has 26 wins, so he apparently must be 4 times better than Gordon’s 7 COT wins.
Crap the 5 time gig almost equals Gordon’s COT total.

Or how about this: Denny whipping boy’s 15 COT wins, must make him twice as good as Gordon's 7.

How dare I profane the Gordon? nah , I need to listen to constant drum beat about how Gordon just has to be better in spite of being dwarfed by Johnson’s numbers. Dirty old Chad and Jimmie just took advantage of Jeff.
I am only making a point, I do believe Johnson is better , but I do try to put the records in context, understanding their much closer and there is much more to consider. I also believe Gordon is better than Hamlin, it is really easy to run a vendetta, even when not valid.
I don't like Kurt Busch, but the one thing I will not do is attack his obvious driving talant, I would look like a fool to ignore his driving accomplishments.

I am only asking for the same application of common sense, even decency. There is something deceitful with this tare down Kahne business at the expense of fact. To be a fan or not, I could care less, but to promote a distortion of obvious fact does matter, in spite of the ease of just being loud.

COT wins

Jimmie Johnson 26
Kyle Busch 20
Denny Hamlin 15
Carl Edwards 14
Tony Stewart 10
Jeff Gordon 7
Kevin Harvick 7
Kurt Busch 6
Mark Martin 5
Brad Keselowski 4
Clint Bowyer 4
Greg Biffle 4
Jamie McMurray 4
Kasey Kahne 4
Matt Kenesth 4
Ryan Newman 3
David Reutiman 2
Jeff Burton 2
Juan Pablo Montoya 2
Brian Vickers 1
Dale Earnhardt Jr 1
David Ragan 1
Joey Logano 1
Marcos Ambrose 1
Martin Truax 1
Paul Manard 1
Reagan Smith 1
Trevor Bayne 1

Mark is about 50, history says you are wrong. You will find few to accomplish much at that level past 50. I like Martin he has had a great run, outside of Fireball Robert's I would say the best never to win the championship. He can still help some teams, and have some good runs, but emotions and facts are not the same.

Harry Gant maybe an exception, but almost all see a decline post 50 y/o.

Kahne hasn't won a points race this year or last year. What else needs to be said?

Kahne hasn't won a points race this year or last year. What else needs to be said?

Using that logic what about all those years Gordon didn't win a couple years ago.

Also on the rookie mistakes comment how many times this year has Kasey been wrecked by his own fault?

Using that logic what about all those years Gordon didn't win a couple years ago.

Stop using logic. It only tends to confuse most.

I'm not sure how/where this actually turned into a Khane thread but as long as that's the direction that it's going. The guy can obviously drive. There's only a select few drivers that are ever able to maintain a high winning percentage with any consistency. Those are the greats of this sport. While Khane may not be one of those drivers he's better than most of the field out there in inferior equipment. It seems that most everyone on this board simply goes with the flavor of the moment. When/if he improves his results with Hendrick many here will start jumping on that bandwagon again.

The guy can obviously drive. There's only a select few drivers that are ever able to maintain a high winning percentage with any consistency. Those are the greats of this sport. While Khane may not be one of those drivers he's better than most of the field out there in inferior equipment. It seems that most everyone on this board simply goes with the flavor of the moment. When/if he improves his results with Hendrick many here will start jumping on that bandwagon again.

Give me one example of how he's better than most. The guy will always be a B list driver. It's nothing personal against him it's just a fact.

Give me one example of how he's better than most. The guy will always be a B list driver. It's nothing personal against him it's just a fact.

Evernham actually thought he would be better than Gordon. It's amazing how long hype can survive against all odds.

I don't think for a second that there is anything that I can say that would change your opinion of Khane. You've got your mind made up. I don't think that he's been in equipment that has exactly been able to promote good finishes since his Evernham days. I'll be interested to see how he runs with Hendrick. There won't be any excuses once he gets there.

More like a pointless horse. I only said he was a strong talent, never said he was the best. Maybe you are letting passion, a nice word for hatred overrule reason, otherwise I can’t see any rationale for not admitting he is a talented driver, whether liked or not.

The WWE smack doesn’t qualify as fact, just drivel to distort matters. A mid packer would place Kahne’s career accomplishments as a 20-25th place record. Just looking at COT wins ties him for 10th best, in rides nowhere near the caliber of Hendrick, Childress, Gibbs, Penske, or Rousch cars ( a point that any fool should easily grasp) (the used COT record was the one that is supposedly so damaging)

Furthermore if I was as wreckless with what is a documented history, I could make tons of inflammatory smack points to inflame, and distort. A demonstration follows:

Since the COT stats matters so much try this:

Johnson has 26 wins, so he apparently must be 4 times better than Gordon’s 7 COT wins.
Crap the 5 time gig almost equals Gordon’s COT total.

Or how about this: Denny whipping boy’s 15 COT wins, must make him twice as good as Gordon's 7.

How dare I profane the Gordon? nah , I need to listen to constant drum beat about how Gordon just has to be better in spite of being dwarfed by Johnson’s numbers. Dirty old Chad and Jimmie just took advantage of Jeff.
I am only making a point, I do believe Johnson is better , but I do try to put the records in context, understanding their much closer and there is much more to consider. I also believe Gordon is better than Hamlin, it is really easy to run a vendetta, even when not valid.
I don't like Kurt Busch, but the one thing I will not do is attack his obvious driving talant, I would look like a fool to ignore his driving accomplishments.

I am only asking for the same application of common sense, even decency. There is something deceitful with this tare down Kahne business at the expense of fact. To be a fan or not, I could care less, but to promote a distortion of obvious fact does matter, in spite of the ease of just being loud.

COT wins

Jimmie Johnson 26
Kyle Busch 20
Denny Hamlin 15
Carl Edwards 14
Tony Stewart 10
Jeff Gordon 7
Kevin Harvick 7
Kurt Busch 6
Mark Martin 5
Brad Keselowski 4
Clint Bowyer 4
Greg Biffle 4
Jamie McMurray 4
Kasey Kahne 4
Matt Kenesth 4
Ryan Newman 3
David Reutiman 2
Jeff Burton 2
Juan Pablo Montoya 2
Brian Vickers 1
Dale Earnhardt Jr 1
David Ragan 1
Joey Logano 1
Marcos Ambrose 1
Martin Truax 1
Paul Manard 1
Reagan Smith 1
Trevor Bayne 1

Number 1 - I do not HATE Kasey Kahne, I am just stating facts. Kahne has done very little over all in his career...period and point blank.

Number 2 - What the heck does JJ and Jeff Gordon and the COT stats have to do with Kasey Kahne being a mediocre driver? I asked for some stats that shows that Kahne is so "great." Obviously you didn't provide those considering that Kahne is toward the bottom of that list you presented, instead you felt the need to drag my favorite driver into it based on my name here in this forum. Do you even want to go there comparing Kahne with Gordon...I doubt it.

Bottom line is Kahen is "average" at best...and you have said ZERO here to convince anyone other wise.

Number 1 - I do not HATE Kasey Kahne, I am just stating facts. Kahne has done very little over all in his career...period and point blank.

Number 2 - What the heck does JJ and Jeff Gordon and the COT stats have to do with Kasey Kahne being a mediocre driver? I asked for some stats that shows that Kahne is so "great." Obviously you didn't provide those considering that Kahne is toward the bottom of that list you presented, instead you felt the need to drag my favorite driver into it based on my name here in this forum. Do you even want to go there comparing Kahne with Gordon...I doubt it.

Bottom line is Kahen is "average" at best...and you have said ZERO here to convince anyone other wise.

Calm down and take a deep breath, and Jeffy will survive my posting just fine.
This hopefully will be last reply regarding the matter, going further would not be a good thing.

Lets just be clear as to who is dishing the put downs, here is a reminder of your words, with helpful post numbers.

Post # 2- you said

Denny's problem...I am thinking the words "flash in the pan" comes to mind from another thread

Then on post #12 you injected Kasey Kahne into this Hamlin thread without any assistance. ( your own practice invalidates your request to spare Gordon post 72).

.."I think instead he may be more like a Kasey Kahne who had one or two good years, and has been in the toilet ever since with a win every now and again mixed in. I would say Denny's "off" year was his performance last year, this year could be more of the norm from him"...

Post 23 you said

EXACTLY! Kahne is another "Merchandise pusher" in my opinion....

Post 37

Both of these are EXACTLY the point I was trying to make. Him and Hamlin are a like in some ways I think....

Post 48

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, or sound like a jerk, but again I say..WHAT RECORD?

Right.

Now how is that you can dish out smack so well and not take?

Now to Post 72 at the top.

I merely demonstrated how easily anybody ridicule almost any driver, warranted or not (all without "toilet", "merchandise pusher" or Wrestling analogies, note that I used real racing results. I even let the anti Kahne crowd set conditions and stuck with the COT only numbers), for the demonsration.

Too bad my demonstration was at the expense of your user name, you obviously have no problem with the practice when it's not your driver. I just wish that giving you an obvious example or a mirror would have been sufficient. After all your tirade(s) your protesting about my Gordon jabs, you should be embarrassed.

Maybe this will help, if you want me to post only sweet talk about your driver, how about practicing what you preach yourself. I am not even a Kahne fan, but still found it to be unresonable.

Good greif you called him medicore in your last post.

:idunno:

Sometimes you all give me a headache.

What did Rodnet King say? :D

Calm down and take a deep breath, and Jeffy will survive my posting just fine.
This hopefully will be last reply regarding the matter, going further would not be a good thing.

Lets just be clear as to who is dishing the put downs, here is a reminder of your words, with helpful post numbers.

Post # 2- you said

Denny's problem...I am thinking the words "flash in the pan" comes to mind from another thread

Then on post #12 you injected Kasey Kahne into this Hamlin thread without any assistance. ( your own practice invalidates your request to spare Gordon post 72).

.."I think instead he may be more like a Kasey Kahne who had one or two good years, and has been in the toilet ever since with a win every now and again mixed in. I would say Denny's "off" year was his performance last year, this year could be more of the norm from him"...

Post 23 you said

EXACTLY! Kahne is another "Merchandise pusher" in my opinion....

Post 37

Both of these are EXACTLY the point I was trying to make. Him and Hamlin are a like in some ways I think....

Post 48

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, or sound like a jerk, but again I say..WHAT RECORD?

Right.

Now how is that you can dish out smack so well and not take?

Now to Post 72 at the top.

I merely demonstrated how easily anybody ridicule almost any driver, warranted or not (all without "toilet", "merchandise pusher" or Wrestling analogies, note that I used real racing results. I even let the anti Kahne crowd set conditions and stuck with the COT only numbers), for the demonsration.

Too bad my demonstration was at the expense of your user name, you obviously have no problem with the practice when it's not your driver. I just wish that giving you an obvious example or a mirror would have been sufficient. After all your tirade(s) your protesting about my Gordon jabs, you should be embarrassed.

Maybe this will help, if you want me to post only sweet talk about your driver, how about practicing what you preach yourself. I am not even a Kahne fan, but still found it to be unresonable.

Good greif you called him medicore in your last post.

Did I say I didn't put Kahne down? No, I did, I think he is average at best...what I don't understand is when you couldn't simply provide statistical data to back up your claim, you have turned the conversation every which way but back to the matter at hand...I guess that means I am right? :D

I don't give a darn what you say about Gordon, I am not him, I simply said that you had to try to turn the conversation into something to do with JJ Gordon and the COT rather than providing proof of how Kahne shouldn't be ripped.....I am embarrassed about nothing.....

It's ridiculous that the Kahne supporters are defending their driver by bashing other drivers (Gordon and Martin), when those two drivers will be better than Kahne on his best day.

KK, maybe Kasey could win against Gordon and Martin in a sprint car. Realistically, that's the only way Kasey could beat the top drivers in NASCAR in a fair race. I bet Kasey couldn't finish in the top ten in the biggest race at my local track.

I think this thread has reached this point...
Kasey-Kahne-wrecked-300x191.jpg

Back
Top Bottom