Xfinity RACE thread -- Mid-Ohio

V8 Supercars.

You're welcome.
http://www.imsa.com/

http://www.fia.com/circuit
https://www.formula1.com/

Most of the world's automotive racing series run road courses. Oval racing dominates only in the US.

I'm aware of all these I forgot to be more specific I ment a NASCAR series featuring "stock cars/trucks". something about thesending big heavy cars that's really fun to watch.

I like V8 supercars too but never get to see them on TV and watch every 24 hours of Daytona.

I'm aware of all these I forgot to be more specific I ment a NASCAR series featuring "stock cars/trucks". something about thesending big heavy cars that's really fun to watch.

I like V8 supercars too but never get to see them on TV and watch every 24 hours of Daytona.
V8 Supercars are usually shown cut-down on CBS Sports Network so it's not a big time drain. And within the next couple of years the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge should be good again too.

Bobby is probably right, an underpowered Prius could have won that race.
That wouldn't happen, but I wonder if I had my AWD WRX if I could've outran them. The straight would kill me. They're just way too powerful down those straights. I'm sure I'd have the advantage in the turns. AWD will stick in the rain.

Just finished watching the race, congrats to Marks , and damn, I was entertain, and sure was fun to watch, of course, I wouldnt want to see this every weekend, but hell, this was 10 times better than that crap they called racing at Indy.

I DVR'd and watched with my wife this Sunday Morning, we enjoyed it.

I look at it as another technical challenge to a group of drivers driving Nascar Stock Cars.

They all had the same conditions and the best man won in my book. They were all over the place and kept on keeping on, very few eliminating wrecks, just slipping and sliding all over the place. :D

Gave a whole new meaning to Ole DW's saying: "THEY ARE SLIDEWAYS"

A Prius could've challenged for the lead.

Getcha some of that!

Again, I can only speak for myself, and I may get blasted for this, but it reminded me of the first Eldora Truck race. Drivers out of their element, just trying to hang on. I really enjoyed it, but I would tire of it quickly(not that I've gotten tired of Eldora). The long cautions were a little nerve racking.

I agree and Eldora still doesn't do anything for me.

Bobby is probably right, an underpowered Prius could have won that race.

An overpowered Prius would have owned them.

I don't know what the hell that was, but then again, I don't know what the hell fans want.

Getcha some of that!

pssshhh. whatever a Cmax could totally out race a prius ;) .....still can't outsell it! boom!!! zing on myself bahaha.... I drive a Avalon :(.....this post would make so much more sense if you could hear it.. I really do drive a Avalon though love that car. Get ya some of that @ToyYoda

pssshhh. whatever a Cmax could totally out race a prius ;) .....still can't outsell it! boom!!! zing on myself bahaha.... I drive a Avalon :(.....this post would make so much more sense if you could hear it.. I really do drive a Avalon though love that car. Get ya some of that @ToyYoda
The C-Max, isn't that the car that looks like an Escape someone threw in the dryer? :p

The C-Max, isn't that the car that looks like an Escape someone threw in the dryer? :p

Sounds about right I think it's really ugly really but don't pay attention to it. Prius is damn ugly too but they're built for aero so whatevs.

Sounds about right I think it's really ugly really but don't pay attention to it. Prius is damn ugly too but they're built for aero so whatevs.
I didn't think the Prius looked that bad until the current version, the new ones are hideous.

I didn't think the Prius looked that bad until the current version, the new ones are hideous.

Yup yup a 4runner or a Tundra look Damm good though. Don't get me wrong I love me my Fords but yota is definitely my 2nd favorite brand I manage a repair shop and they're definitely top 2 in quality.

Is there such a thing as an overpowered Prius? o_O
There was some short lived racing show when Speed channel was around, forget what it was called, but people would bring their cars to the track and race against a pro. A woman had a 210 hp Mini Cooper and damn near beat a 700hp behemoth. If I remember correctly, she was racing against a souped up truck. Kenny Wallace raced on the show before. Wish I could remember the name.

I agree and Eldora still doesn't do anything for me.
Kinda off topic, but I think you'll like it. I guess it was in 2012 or so, just when the Eldora rumors were starting, I got to do a q&a session with Kevin Harvick. I asked what he thought about those rumors, his response "dirt is for plowing". I guess you are in agreement?

Kinda off topic, but I think you'll like it. I guess it was in 2012 or so, just when the Eldora rumors were starting, I got to do a q&a session with Kevin Harvick. I asked what he thought about those rumors, his response "dirt is for plowing". I guess you are in agreement?

Yup....I'm good with those who get it, but not for me. Never, ever, ever want to see Xfinity or Cup on that stuff. In fairness, never been to a dirt track...just going off of what I've seen on TV.

Yup....I'm good with those who get it, but not for me. Never, ever, ever want to see Xfinity or Cup on that stuff. In fairness, never been to a dirt track...just going off of what I've seen on TV.
I'd like to see them change the format up radically, such as have 1 points paying race per year in say IROC cars. Identically setup cars and they all draw numbers to ensure nobody gets one car over another. Crazy sounding I know, but no crazier than that stupid chase. Make this stuff a novelty. People will watch.

If TRD got their hands on one, you're damn straight!!!! LOL

It'd be the same as the other day except that instead of the occasional spin, they would all just push off the track. lol

Cp6NB-FUkAAY07I.jpg

Compared to...

Cp6NCDFUkAE_lH_.jpg

Gluck's poll is an eye opener to me . Nascar and Mr . France obviously have their finger on the pulse of the average Nascar fan . I couldn't be more out of touch being in the 18% . Fans also must secretly love cautions because I think that race had more than I have seen in a long time . Good for you Nascar , you nailed it !

It was only a sample of 2530 voters, back in the day Bristol had 160 fans, 1.5 % of the voters. About 20 x times that number has left the sport.

Gluck's poll is an eye opener to me . Nascar and Mr . France obviously have their finger on the pulse of the average Nascar fan . I couldn't be more out of touch being in the 18% . Fans also must secretly love cautions because I think that race had more than I have seen in a long time . Good for you Nascar , you nailed it !
Was I entertained? Oh, Hell YES!

Was it a good race? No way. It was an interesting change of pace. Based on how rarely rain has aligned with road courses in the past, I'd enjoy seeing it every two or three years in the future. (That's a whole lot less than plate races.) I certainly wouldn't want it on a weekly basis.

Back
Top Bottom