Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2014 edition

Pantiepackerracing and ambrose before hoes -- lmao! Who the heck are these two?

Do we pick new drivers every race, or are we stuck with the drivers we choose for a certain number of races? I guess I don't understand why a "bench" is necessary

You can change drivers every week. You can use each driver 9 times in a season. The bench thing is pretty unnecessary but I just use that as a couple extra shots at qualifying points.

Before qualifying, you pick 8 drivers across the A, B, and C lists to be on your team.

All of your picks are eligible for qualifying points if they qualify well.

Then, typically after qualifying and before the race starts, you pick your 4 race starters, leaving the other 4 to grab some bench.

Before qualifying, you pick 8 drivers across the A, B, and C lists to be on your team.

All of your picks are eligible for qualifying points if they qualify well.

Then, typically after qualifying and before the race starts, you pick your 4 race starters, leaving the other 4 to grab some bench.
Just to be 100% clear, I'm not stuck with my original 8 all season, correct?
I guess now that I think about it, with only 9 starts per driver, I wouldn't be able to run every race if I couldn't switch.
I've never fantasy played anything before but this seems cool.

I guess now that I think about it, with only 9 starts per driver, I wouldn't be able to run every race if I couldn't switch.

You can switch as many times as you like until the deadline for each race (usually qualify day early morning).

It is a fun game to play when you have a large group of people to play against.

This group, racing-forums.com, is one of three that you are able to join. If you want you can create another group and invite your friends and family to play along. Each year I participate in this group as well as a couple others. I get together with friends and family and we each pay in $20 for the season. At the end of the year the winner takes all. It keeps people interested in the long season. There's absolutely no work to be done to manage this game. Simply create it and let Yahoo do the rest.

Make your picks the day before qualifying unless you're usually up in the wee hours of the morning as the deadline is pretty early - depending on your time zone.

While there is a deadline to have your picks in for a given race, it's never too early to get your picks in. o_O

While I'd advise against it, it is possible for you to go in now and make your picks for the entire season. You simply select the week number, located just under your team name on the driver selection screen. When you do that, it will jump to that week in order for you to make your picks. Make your selections and save your roster. Those drivers will then be locked in for that week. I sometimes do mine a week in advance if I know that I'm going to be out of town. That way I don't get stuck with drivers that I don't want for a given race.

My normal routine is to make my selections for next weeks race when I go in to check the results of the current week. You can always change any or all of them up until the deadline the morning of qualifying. Once that deadline is reached you can only move players between your bench and active columns up until the next deadline, just before the green flag.

My normal routine is to make my selections for next weeks race when I go in to check the results of the current week. You can always change any or all of them up until the deadline the morning of qualifying. Once that deadline is reached you can only move players between your bench and active columns.

That's the way I do, also, dpk.
And, again, if you're not sure you can remember, sign up for email alerts. It saved my bacon a couple of times last year.

Those qualifying points. Yeah, they may not be big in value. Then again, it could mean the difference between winning it all and coming in 10th at the end of the season.

If one of your 8 selected drivers for the week qualify in the top 4 positions, you'll receive qualifying points.

1st 10 points
2nd 5 points
3rd 3 points
4th 1 point

19 possible points on qualifying day alone. A few people got that last year.

That's the way I do, also, dpk.
And, again, if you're not sure you can remember, sign up for email alerts. It saved my bacon a couple of times last year.
Mine as well.

I get up really early to start my work day. I can't count how many times I've been busy and have forgotten to make picks only to realize it at 4:30am. Boy does my wife get pi$$ed when I wake her up to get her picks in! :eek:

Yep that's the only thing you are stuck with ...only using a guy like Jimmie nine times . Oh , and the other thing to watch , is getting your picks in before the deadline or you get stuck with last weeks picks again . Usually morning before qualifying to pick 8 , then the morning before the race to cut it to your final four . As a past top performer , I'm uncertain about entering and may stick to coaching . For a small fee , I could be a very big asset you new people like yourself . As far as I know , this is one of the last places where ''payola' is still legal.:)

Thanks a lot guys/gals. Everything is crystal clear now.

You just got me pumped! Especially the idea about betting money against family and friends. Great idea!

When I beat everyone on the forum also, feel free to send me money via PayPal. :tongue:

You just got me pumped! Especially the idea about betting money against family and friends. Great idea!

When I beat everyone on the forum also, feel free to send me money via PayPal. :tongue:

After the first 18 races when all your Jimmie and Matt picks are used up , I'll be here for you.:)

Yeah..... PM me your bank account and routing numbers and I'll forward you my money today.
emoticon_ShiftyEyes.gif

What's the name of your team so I can get my money ready. BTW I think everybody should come out of the closet, should make for some good smack as the season rolls on.

What's the name of your team so I can get my money ready. BTW I think everybody should come out of the closet, should make for some good smack as the season rolls on.

Many of the team names make it obvious but mine is Kenseth # 1 but I understand if others don't wish to "out" themselves ;)

Good idea. Everyone post their team names in this thread and I'll try to compile a list. Make it BOLD if you can. It's easier for me to spot.

I'm under UB3 Racing. Get used to it. You'll be seeing it a lot atop the leaderboard.

Mine's pretty easy to guess - Blanston Racing. I'm curious as to who the pantypackers are. :D

I wanted to use the teams full name:

CooterJohnson Jrs III Racing Motorsports Enterprises incorporated managed by Greg (but only 30 characters allowed)

Thanks to Team Members:

Blacktooth
Sick Dog
Freaky Dog
Hicky
Really Screwed up Dog
Dingleberry
StinkFist

Last edited:
I'm obviously missing a lot as there are now 29 entered. 14 players away from a full field. Lot's of new faces out there on the board. Come join up.

Back
Top Bottom