2014 Daytona 500 Pre Race Thread

I think they should have thrown the green @ 8am.....

BhKRiquIEAAtyMQ.jpg:large

START TIME: Chris Evans, the Captain America actor, will instruct drivers to start their engines at 1:18 p.m. Eastern time. Then, after a few pace laps, actor Gary Sinise will wave the green flag at 1:30 p.m. ET. So if you want to skip the pre-race show and just tune in for the actual event, flip on your TV at 1:30 p.m or watch it and then bitch about it.

LIVE STREAMING: If you aren't able to get in front of a TV, you can still watch the race for free on the FOX Sports Go app. No authentication is required for today's race.

I know I was up til after 2... lol tossing and turning.. let me be excited .. Im sure Im not the only one... although I think I am one of the younger fans here in terms of how long Ive been a fan. Still.... PUMPED!!!

Go! Brad "heart" Carl Edwards :XXROFL:

I remember , through the week , during practice , you could take a whole carload into the infield for $5.00 . Go out for lunch and come back in for free. .. edit. sorry ,I thought I clicked on DPK's link to the tunnel.

So, the 500 winner gets a automatic entry into the Chase. This is news to me. Anyone else hear this?

So, the 500 winner gets a automatic entry into the Chase. This is news to me. Anyone else hear this?
Unless 16 other drivers win more throughout the season yes.... how is this news..where have u been... any win is entry to the chase anywhere... you know.. the new points system?

please help me remember my enthusiasm for the start of the new season before I post any complaints (most likely a restrictor plate rant) during today's race.:D

I remember , through the week , during practice , you could take a whole carload into the infield for $5.00 . Go out for lunch and come back in for free. .. edit. sorry ,I thought I clicked on DPK's link to the tunnel.

Get another coffee, you'll be fine. :)

image.jpg
This is the system we are looking at today. It's moving at a slight E/NE so I think we're in the clear but it's Florida so you never know. Fingers crossed!

Sinise just left the stage - Hamlin talking about winning the unlimited.

Has anybody had a speedway dog? It's like 2 ft long! Long as my arm! o_O

Anyone else have trouble getting to sleep last night? I feel like a kid on Christmas :)
When you get to be my age falling asleep is never a problem no matter how excited you are. But, i have been waking up at around 3:30 every morning during speedweek.:D

When you get to be my age falling asleep is never a problem no matter how excited you are. But, i have been waking up at around 3:30 every morning during speedweek.:D
That's even worse... augh... at least staying up late u can sleep in a bit and not have to wait 9 hours for the race.

7day.jpg

Sunday
Thunderstorms, accompanied by locally heavy rainfall at times. High around 75F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Sunday Night
Cloudy. Low 62F. Winds light and variable.

Hourly6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point58 | 5675 | 6667 | 6465 | 63
Wind0 mph North4 mph SE6 mph NE3 mph SSW
Humidity95%74%88%95%
Chance of Precip.NA20%50%10%
Cloud CoverNA70%69%84%
ConditionsNAMostly CloudyChance of a ThunderstormOvercast
Sunrise & Sunset

7day.jpg

Sunday
Thunderstorms, accompanied by locally heavy rainfall at times. High around 75F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Sunday Night
Cloudy. Low 62F. Winds light and variable.

Hourly6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point58 | 5675 | 6667 | 6465 | 63
Wind0 mph North4 mph SE6 mph NE3 mph SSW
Humidity95%74%88%95%
Chance of Precip.NA20%50%10%
Cloud CoverNA70%69%84%
ConditionsNAMostly CloudyChance of a ThunderstormOvercast
Sunrise & Sunset
Stop it... we know... let us keep our hopes up please :)

I am watching it at a friends house and they live in the city. I have to park two blocks away and somehow carry in chicken wings, a case of beer and a two-liter of soda by myself. #Daytona500Problems

This ticket is from the 1967 Daytona 500. It was for entrance into the infield for as many as you could stuff into a car. We got six into my 1967 Comet Caliente 2-door my first "muscle" car with a 390 ci V8 4-bbl 4 speed MT.

7838823484_f500068024_z.jpg

Biggest chance of rain around 3pm. Thinkin Daytona 500 will be called due to rain after the halfway point?

Back
Top Bottom