2014 Martinsville - STP 500 - Pre Race Thread

I don't understand why the Nationwide Series doesn't race @ Martinsville anymore. Take one of those Dover Nationwide races and give it to the fall Martinsville date.

They used to race there. And, they put on a good show. They need to get them back on the schedule there.

Kyle Larson would beat KyBu at Martinsville everytime so the NWS won't allow that to happen

I'm going all in with Gordon. He's gonna win this time. Maybe I'll move up in the yahoo thing. I dropped a spot last time.

I want to see Harvick, Kurt, Larson and Bowyer in the top 5 also.

I hope denny, Kyle and danica(because I hate women) and possibly a few others take each other out - without injury, of course!

I'm going all in with Gordon. He's gonna win this time. Maybe I'll move up in the yahoo thing. I dropped a spot last time.

I hope denny, Kyle and danica(because I hate women) and possibly a few others take each other out - without injury, of course!

Sure, why not :)

gonna be a good'un. Beat and bang short track style. May the lady and green come on top

He has a great track record at Martinsville but I don't know about going all-in. In recent years, he has found more ways to lose races than win them.

219994-0-600.jpg

He has a great track record at Martinsville but I don't know about going all-in. In recent years, he has found more ways to lose races than win them.
He's been in contention to win almost everytime. If it wasn't for Clint Bowyer, Denny Hamlin holding him up, pieces of the track flying off or a mechanical issue Gordon would have 11 or 12 wins here instead of 8.

New winner: #10 Danica Patrick.

If she gets a good qualifying run, it could happen. The girl does good at Martinsville.
Her results are good. If the past is indicative of the future, she'll have a good race. Cant see how she'll race past Gordon, Johnson, Hamlin, and Bowyer who are powerhouses at the track for a win.

Get realistic expectations when it comes to Danica. She's raced here two times with an average finish of 14.5. One of those times actually finishing on the lead lap. While that's an accomplishment for any driver only racing there twice, regardless of where she starts, that's no indication of being a threat for a win @ Martinsville. A lead lap finish should be a goal of hers. Start getting some top 10's once and a while and then we might have something to talk about. That being said..... Good luck to her. I'll be rooting her on like every other weekend.

Get realistic expectations when it comes to Danica. She's raced here two times with an average finish of 14.5. One of those times actually finishing on the lead lap. While that's an accomplishment for any driver only racing there twice, regardless of where she starts, that's no indication of being a threat for a win @ Martinsville. A lead lap finish should be a goal of hers. Start getting some top 10's once and a while and then we might have something to talk about. That being said..... Good luck to her. I'll be rooting her on like every other weekend.
47761815.jpg

He's been in contention to win almost everytime. If it wasn't for Clint Bowyer, Denny Hamlin holding him up, pieces of the track flying off or a mechanical issue Gordon would have 11 or 12 wins here instead of 8.

Agreed and that is my point. If it is fantasy, he is a must-have. If it is just picking a race winner, I do not like his luck and closing potential in recent years. Regardless he is one of the best in history behind the wheel at Martinsville

Nope, I leave that thread for the non Danica fans to play in. Every mention of her doesn't need to be in there. She was brought up in this thread about Martinsville so I commented on it.
Just a joke brah

My expectations for her this season is a top 20 in each race. I think that's pretty reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom