2014 Martinsville - STP 500 - Pre Race Thread

How cute :rolleyes:

It's like Darlington, Bristol, Dover, New Hampshire & Richmond just vanished.

I've explained how Martinsville's different. The rest of those tracks have all evolved away from their roots and away from NASCAR's roots altogether. Martinsville is still old school.

Some of these Truck "Drivers" look like they should still be wearing Huggie Pull-Ups.

Alot of that feeling going around today. :eek:

jaredirvan.jpg

Ernie Irvan's kid, Jared Irvan.

ernieirvan.jpg

Ernie Irvan.

Feel old yet? I do. :(

The coverage has been terrible. Sports updates right in the middle of qualifying followed by commercials... All of which was immediately following commercials.

Looks like DP is gonna make it through! That's pretty awesome.

Incase players did not know, Spike has posted the game for Martinsville

I wonder what the Danica haters will say if she starts running like this every week. Then again, some will hate her just for the sake of it. I guess girls like Danica never talked to them in high school.:D

color me impressed.
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

Green means goooooooooooooooooooooooooo straight into the history books.

color me impressed.
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

Green means goooooooooooooooooooooooooo straight into the history books.

Overreactions like this is why people rag on her mostly.

DW and those guys tend to glorify everything she does on the track. That builds huge expectations and when she doesn't meet them it all blows on her face.

But they still hype her up and she keeps failing. That annoys people.

Good on her for the good effort today though.

DW and those guys tend to glorify everything she does on the track. That builds huge expectations and when she doesn't meet them it all blows on her face.

Well said. You should be a sports therapist.

I had the TV on mute, I speak for myself here but I think she can win. She does good at Martinsville.

Its not over reaction...Im geniuinly excited for my driver just like any fan would be for their driver

I felt bad watching Danica's post qualifying interview. It just seemed to me that she couldn't just be happy for doing pretty damned good because she was thinking about all the **** she gets and had to qualify her statements.

I don't know, it seemed like she was a regular person trying to deal with a lot of ****. Now I know lots of people can come up with all kinds of reasons why she brought everything upon herself and all that (myself included) I'm just saying the human aspect got to me today. I felt bad for her. I hope she does well.
I may be way off base but the interview just made me feel that way.

I felt bad watching Danica's post qualifying interview. It just seemed to me that she couldn't just be happy for doing pretty damned good because she was thinking about all the **** she gets and had to qualify her statements.

I don't know, it seemed like she was a regular person trying to deal with a lot of ****. Now I know lots of people can come up with all kinds of reasons why she brought everything upon herself and all that (myself included) I'm just saying the human aspect got to me today. I felt bad for her. I hope she does well.
I may be way off base but the interview just made me feel that way.

I saw the interview after the first round and she was stoked on their improvement between first practice and qualifying. Whatchu talkin bout?

Oh yeah and LOL and all the praise for starting 10th. It was a good couple laps but come on.... That said I totally see her staying in the top 10 all day long. She is pretty good on these shorter, flatter tracks.

I saw the interview after the first round and she was stoked on their improvement between first practice and qualifying. Whatchu talkin bout?

Oh yeah and LOL and all the praise for starting 10th. It was a good couple laps but come on.... That said I totally see her staying in the top 10 all day long. She is pretty good on these shorter, flatter tracks.
Guess I missed an interview. The one I saw, she seemed tense and like she felt bad for even thinking about saying she did good.
And that's not coming from an apologist. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom